Senate Calendar for April 23, 2014
Senate Bills with Governor's Recommendation ...
- SB 14 Sodomy; crimes against nature, clarifies provisions of clause, penalty.
- SB 67 Discounted fees and charges; City of Richmond may develop criteria for certain customers.
- SB 71 Emergency protective orders; arrests for domestic assault, definition of law-enforcement officer.
- SB 110 Unemployment compensation; short-time compensation program, report.
- SB 145 Fox hunting; establishes special license for hunting on horseback with hounds but without firearms.
- SB 150 Patent infringement; assertions made in bad faith, exemptions, penalties.
- SB 239 Student mental health policies and procedures; violence prevention committees.
- SB 282 Virginia Fire Services Board; Board shall meet no more than six times per year.
- SB 376 Emergency vehicles; Virginia National Guard vehicles exempt from certain situations.
- SB 377 Firearms; dealers to go through process administered by Department of State Police.
- SB 421 Multidisciplinary child sexual abuse response teams, local; attorney to establish to review cases.
- SB 443 Judges; maximum number in circuit, general district, and juvenile courts, etc.
- SB 480 Real property tax; notice of assessment.
- SB 551 Cranesnest River; designates as component of Virginia Scenic Rivers System.
- SB 561 Geriatric prisoners; conditional release, persons subject to protective order, ineligible.
- SB 565 Commercial driver's licenses, etc.; compliance with federal requirements.
- SB 649 Conflicts of Interests Acts, State and Local Government & General Assembly; establishes Council.
- SB 650 Governor's Development Opportunity Fund; political contributions and gifts, prohibited conduct.
- SB 651 Attorney General, Office of; employment of outside counsel where a conflict of interests exists.
- SB 657 Alternative onsite sewage system installers; extension of certain interim licenses.
Senate Bills Vetoed by Governor ...
Addendum - (For Information Purposes) ...
House Bills with Governor's Recommendations ...
- HB 10 Judges; retirement allowance and service after retirement.
- HB 104 Chief and assistant chief election officers; appointment, qualifications and terms of officers.
- HB 132 Commissioned officers; tuition-free instruction at higher educational institutions.
- HB 133 Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program; eligibility criteria.
- HB 199 Local government expenditures or reductions; DLS to identify legislation affecting.
- HB 272 Judicial performance evaluation program; evaluation reports on justices and judges.
- HB 285 Emergency protective orders; arrests for domestic assault, definition of law-enforcement officer.
- HB 311 Highways, bridges, ferries, rail transportation, etc.; recodifying and revising laws.
- HB 334 Multidisciplinary child sexual abuse response teams, local; attorney to establish to review cases.
- HB 354 Veterans Service Organizations, Joint Leadership Council of; powers and duties.
- HB 373 School speech-language pathologists; licensure.
- HB 375 Patent infringement; assertions made in bad faith, exemptions, penalties.
- HB 377 Billboard signs; adjustment or relocation.
- HB 403 Child sex-crime cases; admission of prior sexual offenses into evidence.
- HB 492 Notaries; if not accredited to represent persons in immigration proceedings, shall not offer advice.
- HB 606 Judges; maximum number in circuit, general district, and juvenile courts, etc.
- HB 638 Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; tenant's noncompliance, death of tenant.
- HB 650 Boating safety course; persons who possess valid Va. seafood landing license, etc., exempted.
- HB 791 Condominium and Property Owners' Association Acts; adoption and rule enforcement, appeals.
- HB 829 Automated sales suppression devices; falsifying electronic records, penalties.
- HB 866 Charter; Town of Christiansburg.
- HB 868 Geriatric prisoners; conditional release, after offense, etc., person subject to protective order.
- HB 882 Alcoholic beverage control; sale of cider in any size containers allowable for wine, etc.
- HB 1005 Health insurance policies; individual and group coverage, conversion policies.
- HB 1009 Workforce development; changes name of Va. Workforce Council to Va. Board of Workforce Development.
- HB 1053 State Inspector General, Office of; powers and duties.
- HB 1072 Personal Information Privacy Act; use of DMV-issued driver's license or ID card information.
- HB 1109 Higher Education Board, Virginia Commission on; increases membership.
- HB 1110 Children placed in child-caring institutions or group homes; reimbursement of costs to educate.
- HB 1191 Economic development incentive programs; SCT to develop & issue report on effectiveness of program.
- HB 1195 Charter; Town of Rural Retreat.
- HB 1211 Conflicts of Interests Acts, State and Local Government & General Assembly; establishes Council.
- HB 1212 Governor's Development Opportunity Fund; political contributions and gifts, prohibited conduct.
- HB 1268 Student mental health policies and procedures; violence prevention committees.
House Bill Vetoed by Governor ...