Senate Calendar for February 17, 2017
Bills in Conference ...
Unfinished Business - House ...
Unfinished Business - Senate ...
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1532 Fire Programs Fund; increases rate of assessment for Fund.
- HB 2037 Health insurance; calculation of cost-sharing provisions.
- HB 1396 Grottoes, Town of; amending charter, appointment of member to office of vice-mayor, etc.
- HB 1457 Part-time deputy sheriffs; compensation.
- HB 1461 Quantico, Town of; amending charter, removes certain town officers elected by town council.
- HB 1485 Sexual offenses; prohibits person from proximity to children and working on school property.
- HB 1486 Arts and cultural districts; districts may be created jointly by two or more localities.
- HB 1570 Industrial development authority, local; Louisa County airports.
- HB 1597 Stormwater management utility, local; waiver of charges when stormwater retained on site.
- HB 1616 Felony homicide; certain drug offenses constitute second degree murder, penalty.
- HB 1686 Planning district commissions; permits Indian tribes recognized by federal government to join.
- HB 1729 Charter; Town of Port Royal.
- HB 1730 Electoral boards, local; description of duties and responsibilities, required affirmation.
- HB 1768 Virginia Retirement System; stress testing and reporting policies.
- HB 1797 Proffers; notice of amendment.
- HB 1815 Computer trespass; government computers and computers used for public utilities, penalty.
- HB 1820 Real property tax; board of equalization members in certain counties.
- HB 1838 Neighborhood Assistance Act tax credits; process of allocating credits.
- HB 1856 Restitution; supervised probation.
- HB 1912 Absentee voting; eligibility of persons granted protective order.
- HB 1933 Candidate withdrawal; notice of withdrawal, information to voters.
- HB 1936 Derelict and blighted buildings; land banks, receivership.
- HB 1958 Chesterfield County; amending charter, corrects or repeals outdated provisions, technical amendment.
- HB 1970 Economic revitalization zones; counties may establish by ordinance.
- HB 1973 Economic Development Access Program; bonded projects.
- HB 1977 Williamsburg, City of; amending charter, expands membership on redevelopment and housing authority.
- HB 1994 Zoning appeals, board of; clarifies provisions referring to appeal costs, includes governing body.
- HB 2003 Local government revenues and expenditures; reports to Auditor of Public Accounts.
- HB 2067 Law-enforcement officers; decertification, notification.
- HB 2074 Income tax, state and corporate; subtraction for Virginia venture capital account investment.
- HB 2144 Virginia Freedom of Information Advisory Council; increases membership, effect of missing meetings.
- HB 2152 Charter; City of Hopewell; water renewal commission.
- HB 2154 Running bamboo; locality may, by ordinance, provide for control, civil penalty.
- HB 2179 Form of ballot; order of independent candidates, required paperwork.
- HB 2243 Line of Duty Act; clarifies provisions of Act.
- HB 2247 Va. Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority; eligibility of employees for Workforce Transition Act.
- HB 2251 Virginia Retirement System; establishes an optional defined contribution retirement plan.
- HB 2296 African Americans, formerly enslaved; identification of history in Virginia.
- HB 2313 Courthouses; county removal.
- HB 2348 Women's right to vote; Va. Historical Society shall plan commemoration of centennial anniversary.
- HB 2359 Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority; changes effective date for creation of Authority.
- HB 2364 Public officers; automatic suspension upon conviction of felony.
- HB 2397 Candidates; petition signature requirements in certain towns.
- HB 2410 Terrorist organization, designated; providing material support, penalty.
- HB 2415 Ballots; number ordered to be printed.
- HB 2436 Auditor of Public Accounts; online database, register of funds expended.
- HB 2442 Collection fees, local; an ordinance for collection of overdue accounts.
- HB 2449 Term limits; members of certain Authorities in City of Chesapeake limited to two terms.
- HB 2464 Petersburg, City of; amending charter, repeals or updates obsolete provisions, technical amendments.
- HB 2469 Zoning; delinquent charges.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 1554 Property Owners' Association Act; amendment of declaration adopted prior to July 1, 2017.
- HB 1853 Victims of domestic violence, etc.; firearms safety or training course.
- HB 2390 Renewable energy power purchase agreements; expands pilot program, sunset provision.
- HB 1392 School security officers; carrying a firearm in performance of duties.
- HB 1399 Elections, State Board of, and local electoral boards; appointments, proportion of political party.
- HB 1409 House of Delegates and Senate districts; General Assembly authorized to make technical adjustments.
- HB 1428 Absentee voting; photo identification required with application.
- HB 1431 Voter registration drives; compensation prohibitions.
- HB 1566 Professions and occupations; active supervision of regulatory boards, definitions, report.
- HB 1598 Voter registration; proof of citizenship required to register to vote in certain elections.
- HB 1696 Filling vacancies in the United States Senate.
- HB 1697 Extension of approvals to address housing crisis.
- HB 1992 Lien priority; inserts "real estate" in several places related to priority of tax liens.
- HB 2055 Rural Coastal Virginia Community Enhancement Authority; created, report.
- HB 2092 Application for public assistance; eligibility, review of records.
- HB 2168 Virginia Coal Train Heritage Authority; established.
- HB 2207 Food stamp program; requests for replacement of electronic benefit transfer card.
- HB 2343 Voter registration list maintenance; voters identified as having duplicate registrations.
- HB 2351 Grass; Buchanan County authorized to require owners to cut.
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1401 Higher educational institutions; speech on campus.
- HB 1408 Student vision screenings; requirements for certain students.
- HB 1414 Standards of Learning; DOE to review multipart assessment questions, partial credit, etc.
- HB 1437 Public school students; sight and hearing testing, exceptions.
- HB 1491 Background checks; exceptions, sponsored living and shared residential service providers.
- HB 1508 Critical incident reports; DBHDS to provide written report.
- HB 1519 Overweight permits; hauling Virginia-grown farm produce, validity.
- HB 1524 Special conservators of the peace; liability insurance, etc.
- HB 1538 Revision and recodification of Title 23; corrections.
- HB 1544 Certificates of public need; conditions on certificates, alternative plans of compliance.
- HB 1579 Defendants; transportation order from correctional facility.
- HB 1590 Duty of care to law-enforcement officers and firefighters; fireman's rule.
- HB 1609 Nurse practitioner as expert witness; scope of activities.
- HB 1661 Administration of medications to treat adrenal crisis.
- HB 1662 Higher educational institutions, public; general education course credit, dual enrollment courses.
- HB 1687 Nonrepairable and rebuilt vehicles; eliminates certain requirement sunset provision, report.
- HB 1689 Medical records or papers; fee limits, penalty for failure to provide.
- HB 1691 Widewater Beach Subdivision; DCR to convey certain real property.
- HB 1708 Standards of Accreditation; industry certification credentials obtained by high school students.
- HB 1709 School boards; policies and procedures prohibiting bullying, parental notification.
- HB 1737 Civilian employees and foreign service officers; personal jurisdiction over a person, domicile, etc.
- HB 1775 Persons with developmental disabilities; terminology.
- HB 1811 Unlawful detainer; initial hearings on a summons, etc.
- HB 1816 Demurrers; amended pleadings.
- HB 1836 Spotsylvania Parkway; VDOT to maintain a certain segment beginning in 2020.
- HB 1848 Comprehensive community colleges; tuition grants and fees for certain individuals.
- HB 1910 Definition of mental health service provider.
- HB 1929 Public-Private Transportation Act; comprehensive agreement.
- HB 1941 Immunity of persons; statements regarding matters of public concern communicated to a third party.
- HB 1944 Administrative Process Act; certain regulations for licensed providers by DMAS and DBHDS.
- HB 1946 State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, Office of the; amends provisions related to Office.
- HB 1981 School Divisions of Innovation; definition, regulatory provisions.
- HB 1982 Graduation requirements; verified units of credit, satisfactory score on the PSAT examination.
- HB 1993 Interstate pipeline construction; Department of Transportation oversight.
- HB 1996 Incompetent defendants; psychiatric treatment.
- HB 2015 DRIVE SMART Virginia Education Fund; created.
- HB 2016 Electric personal delivery devices; operation on sidewalks and shared-use paths.
- HB 2022 Transportation, Department of; traffic incident response and management.
- HB 2023 Highway maintenance payments; bicycle lanes.
- HB 2026 Property and bulk property carriers; regulation, combines authorities.
- HB 2066 National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact of 1998; criminal history record information.
- HB 2095 Peer recovery specialists and qualified mental health professionals; registration.
- HB 2136 Washington Metrorail Safety Commission Interstate Compact; Va. authorized to become a signatory.
- HB 2137 Northern Virginia Transportation Authority; regional transportation plan.
- HB 2138 Transportation planning, state and local; adoption of comprehensive plan in Northern Virginia.
- HB 2139 Highways, Commissioner of; annual report requirements.
- HB 2149 Aircraft; aircraft to be registered with Department of Aviation.
- HB 2171 Higher educational institutions, public; use of investment fund earnings.
- HB 2239 Farm use vehicles, certain; registration exemption, highway distance limitations.
- HB 2258 Suicide; task force to raise public awareness, etc.
- HB 2269 Motor vehicle safety inspection; Superintendent shall provide information upon written request.
- HB 2300 Health, Department of; frequency of inspections.
- HB 2327 Driving under influence of alcohol; implied consent, refusal of blood or breath tests.
- HB 2331 Community services boards; preadmission screening for regional jail inmates.
- HB 2336 Law-enforcement officer; report of officer involved in accident.
- HB 2341 Education, Board of; membership.
- HB 2350 Electronic devices; use of system to trespass.
- HB 2367 Virginia Port Authority; removal of members on Board of Commissioners.
- HB 2379 Roanoke Higher Education Authority; removes president of Bluefield College from board of trustees.
- HB 2404 PANDAS and PANS; created, report.
- HB 2429 Firearms; purchase, possession, or transportation.
- HB 2463 Highways, Commissioner of; commercial establishment entrances.
- HB 2474 Virginia Coalfields Expressway Authority; established, report.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 1402 Higher educational institutions, public; certain positions require residency of the Commonwealth.
- HB 1490 School board members who are called to active duty; appointment of acting school board members.
- HB 1514 Doctor of medicine, etc.; reporting disabilities of drivers to DMV, not subject to civil liability.
- HB 1546 Jurors; confidentiality of name and home address.
- HB 1586 Court-ordered custody and visitation arrangements; transmission of order to child's school.
- HB 1606 Handheld personal communications devices; use of devices in highway work zones.
- HB 1654 Examining and approving a statement in lieu of the settlement of accounts; fee for commissioner.
- HB 1664 SCHEV; collection and publication of wage data.
- HB 1692 Effect of divorce proceedings; transfer of matters to the juvenile and domestic relations court.
- HB 1829 Teacher licensure; certification or training in emergency first aid, etc., hands-on practice.
- HB 1960 Tow truck drivers and towing and recovery operators; civil penalty for improper towing.
- HB 2101 Health care providers; data collection.
- HB 2119 Laser hair removal; limits practice.
- HB 2174 School boards; annual report on pupil/teacher ratios in elementary, middle, etc., school classrooms.
- HB 2191 School boards; procedures for handling sexually explicit instructional materials, etc.
- HB 2218 Public charter school applications and charter agreements; review by the Board of Education.
- HB 2289 Divorce or dissolution of marriage; award of life insurance.
- HB 2306 Arlington County School Board; maximum salary of members.
- HB 2352 Teacher licensure by reciprocity; professional teacher's assessments, report.
- HB 2362 Tow truck drivers; issuance of temporary registration by Department of Criminal Justice Services.
- HB 2395 Public Schools; dyslexia advisor.
- HB 2423 Golf carts; use on public highways in Town of Jarratt.
- HB 2453 Amateur radio operators; use of flashing amber lights.
- HB 2477 Onsite sewage systems and private wells; VDH to take steps to eliminate site evaluation.
House Joint Resolution on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Joint Resolutions on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Bills or Resolutions Rereferred ...
- HB 1400 Virginia Virtual School Board; established, report.
- HB 1467 Neonatal abstinence syndrome; Board of Health to adopt regulations to include as reportable disease.
- HB 1549 Community services boards and behavioral health authorities; services to be provided, report.
- HB 1595 Vehicle license fees and taxes, local; collection by counties and adjoining towns.
- HB 1605 Virginia Parental Choice Education Savings Accounts; established, report.
- HB 1663 Northern Va. Community College, et al.; computer science training, etc., for public school teachers.
- HB 1693 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contracts for architectural and engineering services.
- HB 1845 Model addiction recovery program; DCJS, et al., to develop.
- HB 2034 Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act; adds two new disclosures.
- HB 2209 Emergency Department Care Coordination Program; established.
- HB 2230 Stock corporations; shareholders' meetings.
- HB 2262 Online Virginia Network Authority; established, membership, report.
- HB 2281 Residential rental property; foreclosure shall act as a termination of rental agreement by landlord.
- HB 2304 Long-term care; requirements of Department of Medical Assistance Services.
- HB 2342 Public schools; Board of Education shall only establish regional charter school divisions.
- HB 2417 Prepayment analytics; DMAS shall establish program relating to fraud prevention.
- HB 2470 Drug Control Act; Schedule II and Schedule V.
Bills or Resolutions Recommitted ...
House Joint Resolution Received and Laid on the Clerk's Desk ...
Resolutions Presented ...