House Calendar for February 12, 2016
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1089 Virginia Lottery Fund; administrative expenses, reduces cap on appropriations to Fund.
- HB 248 Financial exploitation of adults; documentation referred to local law-enforcement agency.
- HB 256 Relief; Robert Scott.
- HB 293 Prescription Monitoring Program; requirements of prescribers of benzodiazepine or opiates.
- HB 409 The Virginia Retirement System; technical corrections.
- HB 454 Motor vehicles; vehicles not to be equipped with televisions and video within view of driver.
- HB 501 Request for Proposal; design-build transportation projects.
- HB 536 Sponsored residential and shared living services; background checks for providers.
- HB 581 Nurse practitioners; practicing outside of a patient care team.
- HB 700 Claims; Michael Kenneth McAlister.
- HB 760 Auditor of Public Accounts; Auditor to incorporate in Commonwealth Data Point.
- HB 789 Exhumations; clerk of circuit court to send notice to next of kin, exception.
- HB 809 Firearms; selling, bartering, etc., to persons not lawfully present in United States, penalty.
- HB 905 Hospitals; advance disclosure of charge for elective procedure, test, or service.
- HB 1229 Excursion trains; certification requirements, liability of railroad company.
- HB 1269 Vehicles owned or leased by maritime cargo terminal owners or operators.
- HB 1273 X-ray machines; expands authority of Department of Health to regulate.
- HB 1277 Restaurants; annual inspections.
- HB 1359 Transit Capital Project Revenue Advisory Board; established, report, sunset provision.
- HB 1376 Claims; Paul R. DesRoches II.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1059 Heroin possession; Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to evaluate sentencing guidelines.
- HB 1292 Schedule IV drugs; adds eluxadoline to list.
- HB 118 Urban county executive form of government; animal protection police officer.
- HB 209 Educational Institutions; revising and recodifying laws.
- HB 381 Standards of Learning; alternative means for children with disabilities to demonstrate achievement.
- HB 436 Standards of Learning assessments in English reading and mathematics; retake, recovery credit.
- HB 519 School-affiliated entities; definition, providing protection for student personal information.
- HB 523 Higher educational institutions; student mental health policies.
- HB 524 Teacher performance and quality; confidentiality.
- HB 578 Virginia Public Procurement Act; architectural and engineering services, etc.
- HB 682 Teacher licensure; waiver of requirements, trade and industrial education programs.
- HB 750 Student personal information; definition of school services, college & career readiness assessment.
- HB 831 Standards of Learning; curriculum shall include computer science and computational thinking.
- HB 903 Recurrent Flooding Resiliency, Commonwealth Center for; at various educational institutions.
- HB 907 Virginia Public Procurement Act; term contracts for architectural and engineering services.
- HB 961 Higher educational institutions; alternative tuition or fee structures to students, report.
- HB 1015 Higher educational institutions; memorandum of understanding with local law-enforcement agencies.
- HB 1108 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contracting generally, use of experience modification factor.
- HB 1230 Higher educational institutions; student intellectual property rights.
- HB 1250 Virginia Erosion and Stormwater Management Act; consolidation of programs, opt-out for locations.
- HB 1253 Norfolk, City of; repeals obsolete provisions for appointment of members to school board.
- HB 1299 U. S. of America and the Commonwealth of Virginia; purchase of flags by public bodies.
- HB 1303 Higher educational institutions; educational programs for members of board of visitors.
- HB 1321 Higher educational institutions, private; memoranda of understanding, sexual assaults.
- HB 1377 School boards; assignment of teachers, reduces maximum class sizes.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 3 Constitutional amendment; charter schools (submitting to qualified voters).
- HB 193 Certificates of public need; creates three-phase process to sunset requirements for medical care.
- HB 350 Certificate of public need; changes to Medical Care Facilities Certificate of Public Need Program.
- HB 689 Certificate of public need; exception for certain medical care equipment and services.
- HB 1252 Neighborhood assistance tax credit program; low-income persons.
- HB 36 Government courses at public high schools; civics portion of the U.S. Naturalization Test.
- HB 44 Workers' compensation; injuries or deaths presumed to be in course of employment.
- HB 46 School Readiness Committee; Secretary of Education, et al., shall establish, increases membership.
- HB 57 Student attendance; withdrawal of students absent without excuse.
- HB 66 New Economy Workforce Credential Grant Fund and Program; established.
- HB 234 Nonstock corporations; action without board of directors meeting.
- HB 264 Local government; prohibiting certain practices requiring contractors to provide compensation, etc.
- HB 448 Nutrient offset credits; allows new and expanding wastewater discharge facilities to acquire.
- HB 521 Education, Board of; annual report includes reporting requirements of local school divisions.
- HB 565 Charter schools, public; changes to provisions for establishment and operation.
- HB 584 Deer; any city or town may, by ordinance, prohibit feeding deer within its jurisdiction, penalty.
- HB 659 High school family life education curriculum; programs on prevention of dating violence, etc.
- HB 678 Human trafficking training; DCJS to establish for law-enforcement, etc.
- HB 749 School service providers; protection of student personal information.
- HB 786 Virginia Public Procurement Act; authorized enhancement or remedial measures.
- HB 895 High school graduation; graduation requirements.
- HB 930 Virginia Public Procurement Act; procurement of information technology goods and services.
- HB 936 Students, certain, with limited English proficiency; Board shall make provision in its regulations.
- HB 977 State waters; unlawful discharge of deleterious substance into waters.
- HB 1061 Students; expulsion and referral to a local law-enforcement agency.
- HB 1103 ABLE savings trust accounts; exclusion from determination of state means-tested assistance, etc.
- HB 1115 Zebra mussels; education program.
- HB 1132 School principals; incident reports.
- HB 1134 Disorderly conduct; provisions shall not apply to certain students if occurs on school property.
- HB 1231 Dogs chasing livestock; district court may order dog to be transferred to a different owner, etc.
- HB 1234 School security officers; carrying a firearm.
- HB 1279 Public schools; fire drills and lock-down drills.
- HB 1282 Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement; SCT to work with Virginia-Israel Advisory Board.
- HB 1311 Snakes; DGIF may authorize use of snake exclusion devices by public utilities.
- HB 1329 Trespass by hunters using dogs; penalty.
Resolutions - Regular Calendar ...
Memorial Resolutions Laid on Speaker's Table ...
Commending Resolutions Laid on Speaker's Table ...
Senate Bill on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 98 License plates, special; issuance to family members of persons who have died in military service.
- HB 102 Felony homicide; certain drug offenses, penalty.
- HB 168 Passing stopped school buses; rebutting presumption, mailing of summons.
- HB 197 Commonwealth Mental Health First Aid Program; established.
- HB 240 Homeless veterans; Secretary of Veterans and Defense Affairs to assist in a identification.
- HB 342 Guardianship; communication between incapacitated person and others.
- HB 407 Interstate 66; designation of HOV lanes.
- HB 420 Auxiliary grants; regulations adopted by Commissioner of DARS for adult foster care home, etc.
- HB 485 Assault; person charged with simple assault against family or household member.
- HB 510 Sexual crimes against minors; extends statute of limitations.
- HB 543 Involuntary psychiatric treatment of an inmate; petition filed by sheriff.
- HB 602 Petit larceny; prior convictions, penalty.
- HB 610 Protective orders; penalty.
- HB 616 Discharge from involuntary admission; advance directive.
- HB 622 Entering occupied motor vehicle; interference with rights of owner, penalty.
- HB 625 Minors; abduction for purpose of prostitution.
- HB 645 Criminal defendants; orders for evaluation or treatment, duties of clerk of court.
- HB 715 Interstate 66; requirements that VDOT must satisfy prior to change in HOV-2 designation.
- HB 728 State and local transportation planning; results of reviews related to homeland security.
- HB 752 Stalking; penalty.
- HB 754 Domestic violence-related misdemeanors; enhanced penalty.
- HB 765 Assault and battery against a family or household member; first offense, enhanced penalties.
- HB 779 Conflict of Interests Act, State and Local Government; required filings for multiple positions.
- HB 814 Virginia Indian advisory board; Secretary of the Commonwealth may establish, membership.
- HB 857 Lobbyist disclosure; clarifies definition of gift.
- HB 860 Virginia Conflict of Interest and Ethics Advisory Council; public access to requests for opinions.
- HB 861 Virginia Conflict of Interest and Ethics Advisory Council; extension of filing deadlines.
- HB 862 Conflicts of Interests Acts, State and Local Government and General Assembly; prohibited gifts.
- HB 868 Lobbyist disclosure; definition of procurement transaction.
- HB 886 Stalking; second offense, Class 6 felony.
- HB 889 Lobbyist disclosure; filing and inspection.
- HB 890 Candidates; filing of statements of economic interests.
- HB 891 Conflicts of Interests Acts, State and Local Government and General Assembly; definition of gift.
- HB 892 Virginia Conflict of Interest and Ethics Advisory Council; required information on disclosure forms.
- HB 896 Private school employees, certain; requirement of background checks.
- HB 910 Appeal of tax assessments; prior to receipt of information, person to sign acknowledgment of order.
- HB 920 Barrier crimes; conviction or finding not guilty by reason of insanity.
- HB 924 Electronic communications; disclosure, verification and admissibility of contents.
- HB 1012 Virginia College Building Authority; financing projects, participating institutions.
- HB 1044 Prescription Monitoring Program; disclosure of certain information.
- HB 1087 Protective order; violation of order, possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon, penalty.
- HB 1105 Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission; recidivism rate for certain released federal prisoners.
- HB 1111 Hampton Roads Transportation Accountability Commission; distribution of moneys.
- HB 1114 Colonial Heights, City of; charter, clarifies responsibilities of director of finance and treasurer.
- HB 1149 Police & court records; if order of expungement, clerk of court shall refund petitioner costs paid.
- HB 1150 Wages; employer who willfully fails to pay, penalty.
- HB 1190 License plates, special; prohibits DMV from issuing certain plates to registered sex offenders.
- HB 1257 Personal injury and wrongful death actions; disclosure of address.
- HB 1276 Motorcycle rider safety training courses; clarification of definition.
- HB 1287 Behind-the-wheel and knowledge examinations; retake of examinations.
- HB 1290 Timber cutting; unlawful removal, determination of damages.
- HB 1310 Failure to appear; service of process.
- HB 1312 Special license plates; MEG'S MILES.
- HB 1319 Military status or decorations; false representation with intent to obtain services, penalty.
- HB 1344 Bonds; certain capital projects.
- HB 1361 Lobbyist reporting; disclosure of certain persons attending entertainment events prohibited.
- HB 1362 Conflicts of Interests Acts, State & Local Government & General Assembly, etc.; lobbyist reporting.
- HB 1383 Highways, Commissioner of; annual report to be made public.
House Bills on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Resolution Reported - Uncontested Calendar ...
Resolutions Reported - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on First Reading and Referred ...
- SB 24 MMIE projects; Virginia Public Building authorized to finance.
- SB 170 Nonsuits; tolling of limitations, contractual limitation periods.
- SB 215 Juvenile detention homes and correctional facilities; room segregation.
- SB 225 Autism Advisory Council; extends sunset provision.
- SB 314 Nutrient offset credits; new and expanding wastewater discharge facilities to acquire.
- SB 417 Social Services, Department of; unauthorized practice of law.
- SB 467 Child day programs; exemptions from licensure.
- SB 506 Small businesses; waiver of penalties related to taxes.
- SB 507 Judicial creation of trusts.
- SB 536 Alcoholic beverage control; spirits tastings by distiller licensee.
- SB 598 Erosion and sediment control; compliance with stormwater management program.
- SB 600 Intergovernmental Cooperation, Virginia Commission on; membership.
- SB 611 Tort claim; notice of claim against the Commonwealth, transportation district, or locality.
- SB 634 Secure Commonwealth Panel; membership; reporting.
- SB 636 State Council of Higher Education; longitudinal data system; report.
- SB 643 U.S. Department of the Interior; monitoring by VMRC, Assateague Island National Seashore.
- SB 646 Fantasy Contests Act; created, registration required, conditions of registration, civil penalty.
- SB 651 Animal control officers; training.
- SB 667 Governor; absolute pardons shall not be posted by DLAS on its website.
- SB 671 Lyme disease; treatment of a patient.
- SB 673 Virginia Erosion and Stormwater Management Act; consolidation of programs, opt-out for locations.
- SB 680 General Assembly; JLARC to review fiscal impact statements for executive orders when requested.
- SB 691 Industrial hemp; lawful for a person with a license to manufacture products or engage in research.
- SB 695 Alcoholic beverage control; wine and beer licenses for certain properties.
- SB 709 Recalled motor vehicles; disclosures by and compensation of dealers.
- SB 758 Alcoholic beverage control; farm winery license.
- SB 768 Reckless driving; exceeding speed limit.
Senate Joint Resolutions Referred ...
- SJ 27 International Assistance Dog Week; designating as first full week in August 2016.
- SJ 35 Advance Care Planning Month; designating as April 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- SJ 48 Blood Cancer Awareness Month; designating September 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- SJ 49 Lymphoma Awareness Day; designating September 15, 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- SJ 51 Comprehensive indigent defense system; State Crime Commission to study.
- SJ 58 Recurrent flooding; joint subcommittee to formulate recommendations.
- SJ 61 Virginia Constitution Day; designating as June 29, 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- SJ 71 Individuals with brain injury, etc.; Joint Commission on Health Care to study.
- SJ 73 Kinship foster care and adoptive placements; DSS to study restrictions of barrier crimes.
- SJ 80 Historic properties without homeowner associations; VHC to study disclosure of information.
- SJ 85 Public elementary and secondary education; joint committee to study future of education.
- SJ 87 Multifamily residential dwellings; VHC to study mandatory recycling programs.
- SJ 88 Early childhood development programs; JLARC to study specific programs.
- SJ 89 Tenant bankruptcy; VHC to study impact of proceedings on landlords.
- SJ 97 Commonwealth's aerospace industry; Virginia Economic Development Partnership to study.
- SJ 101 Purple Heart State; designating as the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- SJ 102 Purple Heart Day; designating as August 7, 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- SJ 129 Public Transportation Safety Day; designating as April 29, 2016, & each succeeding year thereafter.
Bill Referred by House ...
Bills Reported and Referred By Committee ...
Bills Referred By Committee ...
Resolutions Presented ...