Senate Calendar for February 24, 2015
Bills in Conference ...
Unfinished Business - House ...
Unfinished Business - Senate ...
- SB 727 School Performance Report Card; redesign to be more effective in communicating to parents & public.
- SB 781 Passing with a double yellow line; drivers allowed to pass a pedestrian, bicycle, skateboard, etc.
- SB 847 Interstate 73 Transportation Compact; created.
- SB 927 Administrative Process Act; process for disqualification of a hearing officer.
- SB 928 Administrative Process Act; default by nonappearing party.
- SB 982 Graduation requirements; local alternative paths to standard units of credit.
- SB 997 Emergency medical services personnel; background checks, process.
- SB 1002 Local workforce investment boards; pay-for-performance contract strategy incentives.
- SB 1030 Virginia Marine Resources Commission; conveyance of easement across Rappahannock River.
- SB 1047 Stormwater utility fees; municipal separate storm sewer permits.
- SB 1049 Regional jails; reimbursement of capital costs, regional contracts for cooperative jailing.
- SB 1197 Hospitals; establishing policies to follow when a stillbirth occurs, reporting.
- SB 1201 Stormwater; procedure for approval of dredging operations in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.
- SB 1206 Higher educational institutions; six-year plan to include intellectual property interests, etc.
- SB 1262 Health insurance; carrier business practices.
- SB 1314 Northern Virginia Transportation Authority; long-range plan.
- SB 1331 Natural Gas Conservation and Ratemaking Efficiency Act; cost-effective programs.
- SB 1365 Carbon dioxide emissions; DEQ to develop state plan to regulate emissions.
- SB 1381 Private animal shelter; clarifies purpose and definition.
- SB 1383 Home instruction; disclosure of personal information to Department of Education or other person.
- SB 1435 Eminent domain; lost profits and just compensation.
- SB 1440 Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission; financial viability & feasibility.
- SB 712 Higher education; handling of sexual assault cases.
- SB 965 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; limitation on collection.
- SB 1066 Elected offices; term of officer elected to fill vacancy, filling vacancies in U.S. Senate & House.
- SB 1168 Family day homes and child day centers; local government to report business licenses issued.
- SB 1190 Motor vehicle liability insurance; underinsured motorist claims, settlement procedures, subrogation.
- SB 1194 Conservators of the peace, special; registration with DCJS.
- SB 1195 Conservators of the peace, special; training standards, orders of appointment, etc.
- SB 1354 Uniformed services-connected students; identification.
- SB 1424 Conflicts of Interests Act, State & Local Gov't & General Assembly, etc.; ethics reforms.
- SJ 268 Medicaid; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study.
- SJ 271 Biosolids and industrial residuals; SNR, et al., to review & evaluate impact on human health, etc.
- SJ 272 Virginia's water resource planning and management; JLARC to study.
- SB 885 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; clarifies definition of small business.
- SB 1186 Naloxone; administration in cases of opiate overdose.
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1486 Workers' compensation; exclusivity of remedy.
- HB 1750 Investigational drugs; expanded access.
- HB 1887 Commonwealth Transportation Board; membership, funding, updates annual reporting, and allocations.
- HB 1303 Local school boards; administration of Standards of Learning assessments.
- HB 1320 Teacher licensure renewal; college credit.
- HB 1338 Electronic textbooks; hardware.
- HB 1298 Noncommercial vessels; reasonable suspicion.
- HB 1466 Capitol Police; security for Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General-elect, etc.
- HB 1542 State Trails Advisory Committee; established, report, sunset provision.
- HB 1645 Alcoholic beverage control; expands bed and breakfast licenses.
- HB 1686 Fish; DGIF shall establish a special permit.
- HB 1734 Living shorelines; loans for creation.
- HB 1811 Clams, cultured; use of handheld devices for harvesting.
- HB 1924 Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee; established, report.
- HB 1998 State and federal programs; VRS shall convene a work group to review, etc.
- HB 2026 Health Insurance Reform Commission; power and duties, upon request assess proposed mandated DLS.
- HB 2070 Conflicts of Interests Act, State & Local Gov't & General Assembly, etc.; ethics reforms.
- HB 2106 Virginia Indian Recognition, Joint Commission on; established, report, sunset provision.
- HB 2111 Hunting, trapping, or fishing licenses; electronic copies.
- HB 2193 Virginia Battlefield Preservation Fund; use of grant funds for battlefield preservation.
- HB 2195 Fishing privileges; Marine Resources Commission shall revoke license to fish in tidal water.
- HB 2226 State park master plans; update schedule.
- HB 2240 Blue catfish; introduction, stocking, and release of Blue catfish, exception.
- HB 2247 Henry County; DCR to convey certain property in Horsepasture District.
- HB 2257 Coal mine safety; wide tracking and electric equipment shall maintain safe operating conditions.
- HB 2281 Commission for the Commemoration of the Centennial of Women's Right to Vote.
- HB 2330 Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission; created, financial viability & feasibility.
- HB 2331 Fur-bearing animal; defines fisher in hunting and trapping provisions.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bill on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Joint Resolutions on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HJ 506 Long-term impact of biosolids and industrial waste; Va. Institute of Marine Science & DMME to study.
- HJ 507 National Day of the Cowboy; designating as fourth Saturday in July 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ 521 Virginia's Rail Heritage Region; designating certain areas in the Commonwealth.
- HJ 527 Virginia Caregivers Month; designating as November 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 533 Gum Disease Awareness Month; designating as February 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 555 Higher education; endorsement of SCHEV's statewide strategic plan, report.
- HJ 557 Veterans Services, Department of; JLARC to review.
- HJ 558 Teachers, qualified; Department of Education and SCHEV, report.
- HJ 566 Lewis & Clark Eastern Legacy Trail; designating as portion of Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail.
- HJ 586 Public elementary schools; voluntary mental health screenings for students.
- HJ 587 Stormwater regulations; impact on high water table area, report.
- HJ 593 Losing Loved Ones in a Tragic Accident Month; designating as August 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ 594 Insurance underwriting; Bureau of Insurance to study use of credit history.
- HJ 598 Driver's license; suspension for unpaid court fines and costs.
- HJ 600 Sexual Assault Awareness Month; designating as April 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 606 Maternal Mental Health Month; designating as May 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 607 National Atomic Veterans Day; designating as July 16, 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 623 Water resource and planning management; JLARC to study Virginia's resources.
- HJ 630 Opioid; mandating health insurance coverage for abuse deterrent formulations.
- HJ 635 Communications sales and use tax; Department of Taxation to study performance of tax.
- HJ 637 Medicaid; JLARC to study the Commonwealth's program.
- HJ 638 Kinship Caregivers of Children Month; designating as September 2015, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 641 Fred Korematsu Day of Civil Liberties and the Constitution; designating as January 30, 2016.
- HJ 644 Internet; benefit of sharing wireless access with local law-enforcement agencies.
- HJ 674 Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.
- HJ 692 Farm-to-School Week; designating as first full week in October 2015, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 693 Tax Withholding and Employer Contribution Awareness Month; designating as March 2016.
- HJ 702 Day to Serve; designating as each day from September 11 to October 10, 2015.
- HJ 797 Day of Honor for the Marquis de Lafayette; designating as March 14, 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ 804 Speaker of the House of Delegates; confirming appointments.
House Joint Resolution on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on Third Reading - Uncontested Calenda ...
House Joint Resolution on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Joint Resolution on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on Second Reading - Uncontested Calend ...
Senate Resolutions on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Bills or Resolutions Recommitted ...
House Joint Resolutions Read First Time and Referred ...
House Joint Resolutions Received and Laid on the Clerk's Desk ...
- HJ 760 Celebrating the life of William Rohimbox Morrison, Jr., M.D.
- HJ 773 Celebrating the life of George B. Fitch.
- HJ 776 Celebrating the life of Wainola Inez Campbell Holloman.
- HJ 777 Celebrating the life of Nora Ruth Williamson.
- HJ 779 Commending the Palisades Restaurant.
- HJ 805 Commending Dolores A. Moore.
- HJ 806 Commending Mike Wray.
- HJ 807 Commending Ginny Wray.
- HJ 809 Commending Patrick Henry Elementary School.
- HJ 810 Commending Hoffman-Boston Elementary School.
- HJ 813 Commending the J.R. Tucker High School Sparky 384 robotics team.
- HJ 814 Commending Sheldon M. Retchin, M.D.
- HJ 816 Commending the Hanover High School baseball team.
- HJ 817 Commending ABATE of Virginia, Inc.
- HJ 818 Commending Fairfield Court Tenant Council.
- HJ 819 Commending the Richmond Amateur Radio Club.
- HJ 820 Commending Leadership Metro Richmond.
- HJ 821 Commending Ginter Park Terrace Historic District.
- HJ 822 Commending Henrico County Court Appointed Special Advocates, Inc.
- HJ 823 Celebrating the life of S. Dallas Simmons.
- HJ 824 Celebrating the life of Garfield Ford Childs, Jr.
- HJ 825 Celebrating the life of Robert Douglas Jones.
- HJ 826 Commending the City of Virginia Beach Department of Agriculture.
- HJ 827 Celebrating the life of W. Scott Street III.
- HJ 828 Celebrating the life of Jim Bullington.
- HJ 830 Commending the Magna Vista High School football team.
- HJ 831 Commending Kenny Lewis.
- HJ 832 Commending Charles Majors.
- HJ 833 Commending Third Avenue Congregational Christian Church.
- HJ 834 Commending Robert Simpkins.
- HJ 835 Commending Frances Rice.
- HJ 836 Commending Bess Pierce, D.V.M.
- HJ 837 Commending Joseph Sheffey.
- HJ 839 Celebrating the life of Frances Hallam Hurt.
- HJ 840 Celebrating the life of John Early McDonald, Jr.
- HJ 842 Celebrating the life of Christopher John Kennedy.
- HJ 844 Commending the Lloyd C. Bird High School football team.
- HJ 845 Commending Charles A. Reilly.
- HJ 846 Celebrating the life of Reuben V. Burrell.
- HJ 847 Commending Marshall Ford.
- HJ 848 Commending Swift Creek Mill Theatre.
- HJ 849 Commending the Council for the Arts of Herndon.
- HJ 851 Commending the Crisis Intervention Team program.
- HJ 852 Commending Robin Douglas Davenport.
- HJ 853 Commending the National Association of Social Workers Virginia Chapter.
- HJ 854 Commending Joanna Wise Barnes.
- HJ 855 Celebrating the life of the Honorable Vincent F. Callahan, Jr.
- HJ 856 Commending the Faith Baptist School varsity men's basketball team.
- HJ 857 Commending Robert E. Phillips, Jr.
- HJ 858 Celebrating the life of Glenwood Elmo Hankins.
- HJ 859 Commending the Reverend George M. Wilson.
- HJ 862 Commending Jaclyn Roller Ryan.
- HJ 863 Celebrating the life of William Broderick Prendergast.
- HJ 864 Commending Faith Baptist Church.
- HJ 865 Celebrating the life of William Norman Ward.
- HJ 867 Commending the Honorable Donald P. McDonough.
- HJ 868 Commending the Fairfax Young Democrats.
- HJ 869 Commending Mount Vernon Woods Elementary School.
Senate Bills and Resolutions Referred ...
Resolutions Presented ...