Senate Calendar for February 23, 2015
Bills in Conference ...
Unfinished Business - House ...
Unfinished Business - Senate ...
- SB 876 Conflict of Interests Act, State and Local Government; prohibited contracts by hospital authorities.
- SB 885 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; clarifies definition of small business.
- SB 896 Child labor laws; appeal procedures.
- SB 951 Dead bodies; disposition of remains or burial of decedent.
- SB 1046 Benefits consortium; formation of a not-for-profit consortium by localities.
- SB 1109 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; expands open meeting exemptions.
- SB 1129 FOIA; expands record exemption for public safety, cybersecurity.
- SB 1133 State and local government officers and employees; prohibited conduct, retaliation.
- SB 1186 Naloxone; administration in cases of opiate overdose.
- SB 1287 Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain establishments.
- SB 1372 Workforce Development, Virginia Board of; changes to Board requirements.
- SB 1395 Electric utilities; net energy metering programs.
- SB 1405 Health services plans; effects of actions of other states.
- SB 803 Speed limits in school crossing zones; counties allowed to increase or decrease.
- SB 938 Fire services and emergency medical services; revises certain terminology.
- SB 712 Higher education; handling of sexual assault cases.
- SB 965 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; limitation on collection.
- SB 1066 Elected offices; term of officer elected to fill vacancy, filling vacancies in U.S. Senate & House.
- SB 1168 Family day homes and child day centers; local government to report business licenses issued.
- SB 1190 Motor vehicle liability insurance; underinsured motorist claims, settlement procedures, subrogation.
- SB 1194 Conservators of the peace, special; registration with DCJS.
- SB 1195 Conservators of the peace, special; training standards, orders of appointment, etc.
- SB 1354 Uniformed services-connected students; identification.
- SB 1424 Conflicts of Interests Act, State & Local Gov't & General Assembly, etc.; ethics reforms.
- SJ 268 Medicaid; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study.
- SJ 271 Biosolids and industrial residuals; SNR, et al., to review & evaluate impact on human health, etc.
- SJ 272 Virginia's water resource planning and management; JLARC to study.
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 2177 Certificate of public need; eliminates regional health planning agencies.
- HB 2173 Real property tax; waiver of delinquent taxes.
- HB 1427 Felony homicide; felony drug offenses, penalty.
- HB 1471 Affordable housing; City of Fairfax added to list of localities with authority to provide.
- HB 1895 Higher educational institutions; additional financial and administrative authority.
- HB 2319 Halifax County Board of Supervisors; election of an at-large member.
- HB 1402 Highway maintenance; payments to City of Richmond for moving-lanes converted to bicycle lanes.
- HB 1419 Standards of Learning; changes.
- HB 1469 Marriage certificates; parties able to designate themselves as spouse, bride, etc., on application.
- HB 1486 Workers' compensation; exclusivity of remedy.
- HB 1515 Maternity patients; information about safe sleep environments for infants.
- HB 1522 Motor fuels; hauling during times of necessitous circumstances.
- HB 1584 Fire services and emergency medical services; revises certain terminology.
- HB 1606 Private police departments; definition.
- HB 1612 School service providers; protection of student personal information.
- HB 1613 Secondary state highway system construction projects; relocation or removal of utility facilities.
- HB 1615 Standards of Learning; integrated assessments to include multiple subject areas.
- HB 1616 Career and technical education; alignment with national certification requirements.
- HB 1674 School accreditation; review of status by Board of Education.
- HB 1675 Graduation requirements; local alternative paths to standard or verified units of credit.
- HB 1676 Postsecondary credential, etc.; local school board agreements with community colleges.
- HB 1698 Students; questionnaires and surveys requesting sexual information, etc.
- HB 1700 Motorcycles and autocycles; relating to brake lights.
- HB 1714 Standards of Learning; third grade through eighth grade assessments.
- HB 1717 Psychiatric treatment of minors; objecting minor.
- HB 1723 Radon; persons certified as proficient to offer screening, testing, and mitigation.
- HB 1733 Prescription drug orders; delivery to PACE program facility.
- HB 1735 Optometrists, TPA-certified; administration of certain Schedule II drugs.
- HB 1736 Wholesale distributors; notice to Board of Pharmacy when ceasing distribution of certain drugs.
- HB 1737 Outsourcing facilities; new regulatory framework created for permitting.
- HB 1738 Hospices; notice to dispenser of patient's death within 48 hours.
- HB 1750 Investigational drugs; expanded access.
- HB 1764 Criminal history record information; dissemination, etc., civil actions.
- HB 1785 Campus police departments; sexual assault reporting.
- HB 1818 Health professions; regulation, updated terminology.
- HB 1833 Naloxone; administration by law-enforcement officers.
- HB 1839 Controlled substances; scheduling.
- HB 1841 Prescription Monitoring Program; requirements for dispensers.
- HB 1873 Public schools; Board of Education to promulgate regulations for accreditation ratings.
- HB 1886 Public-Private Transportation Act; establishes requirement for finding of public interest.
- HB 1887 Commonwealth Transportation Board; membership, funding, updates annual reporting, and allocations.
- HB 1914 Pharmacists; possession of epinephrine and oxygen for emergencies.
- HB 1915 Northern Virginia Transportation Authority; regional plan.
- HB 1930 Higher educational institutions; review committees, reporting of acts of sexual violence, report.
- HB 2020 Licensed local school board instructional or administrative employees; service retirement allowance.
- HB 2038 Commercial motor carriers; amends several commercial drivers' licensing laws.
- HB 2042 Mobile food vending businesses; regulations to permit on state highway rights-of-way, exception.
- HB 2082 Emergency care; forcible entry of motor vehicle to remove a minor.
- HB 2092 Sexual and Domestic Violence, Advisory Committee on; established.
- HB 2112 DCJS; eliminates requirement for training standards for undercover work.
- HB 2137 Teachers; initial license with no industry certification credential, may issue provisional license.
- HB 2169 Education, Board of; annual report on the condition & needs of public education in the Commonwealth.
- HB 2183 Designating the Trooper Andrew Fox Memorial Bridge.
- HB 2189 Motor Vehicle Dealer Board; authority over recreational, trailer, and motorcycle dealers, penalties.
- HB 2206 Conservators of the peace, special; application for appointment.
- HB 2216 Epinephrine; possession and administration in private schools.
- HB 2228 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry; registration verification.
- HB 2236 Chesapeake Hospital Authority; changes compensation for members.
- HB 2243 Psychologists; continuing education requirements.
- HB 2245 School board clerks; electronic maintenance of records.
- HB 2255 Lawrenceville, Town of; DOC to convey certain real property to be used for water facilities.
- HB 2266 Transportation Accountability, Joint Commission on; powers and duties.
- HB 2269 Kenneth B. Gibson Memorial Park-and-Ride; designating as park-and-ride facility on Interstate 81.
- HB 2276 Standard diploma; career and technical education credential, exemption.
- HB 2289 Auxiliary lights on public utility vehicles; certain vehicles may be equipped with clear lights.
- HB 2312 Blue Star Memorial Highway; designating as a portion of Va. Route 36 in Prince George County.
- HB 2332 Roadside safety devices; certain shall be equipped with Identification numbers, etc.
- HB 2342 Salvage license; salvage advertising and display.
- HB 2350 Student data security; Department of Education to develop a model data security plan.
- HB 2354 State Board for Community Colleges; policy for the award of academic credit for military training.
- HB 2355 Electronic communication service or remote computing service; obtaining records, real-time data.
- HB 2373 Uniformed services-connected students; Department of Education shall establish process to identify.
- HB 2383 Child support; disabled child over the age of 18.
- HB 2391 Highway funds; allocation by the Commonwealth Transportation Board.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 1854 Virginia Public Procurement Act; small, women-owned, minority-owned, etc., businesses.
- HB 1417 House of Delegates districts; technical adjustments.
- HB 1573 Attorney General or his designee; duty to represent the interests of the Commonwealth.
- HB 1672 School Performance Report Card; redesign to be more effective in communicating to parents & public.
- HB 1715 Higher educational institutions; students exhibiting suicidal tendencies or behavior, policies.
- HB 1718 Private investigators or personal protection specialist; independent contractors.
- HB 1752 SOL; Bd. of Education prohibited from adopting revisions that implement Common Core State Standards.
- HB 1754 Home instruction of children; parent to provide certain testing scores to division superintendent.
- HB 1792 Gamete donors; HIV testing protocol.
- HB 1798 Fiduciary; qualification without security, issuance of certificates of qualification.
- HB 1810 Prescription Monitoring Program; civil subpoenas.
- HB 1819 Motor vehicle accidents; underinsured motorist claims, settlement procedures, subrogation.
- HB 2015 Creditor process; bankruptcy proceeding exemptions.
- HB 2035 Lynchburg, City of; establishment of an airport police department at Lynchburg Regional Airport.
- HB 2129 Barriers to licensure or registration; certain DCJS regulated industries.
- HB 2164 Commonwealth Transportation Board; nonlegislative citizen members shall be appointed by Governor.
- HB 2263 Roanoke Regional Airport Commission; may establish police department with law-enforcement powers.
- HB 2286 Firearms or ammunition; possession by convicted felons, restoration of rights, etc.
- HB 2303 Sexually violent predators; notice of hearings, conditional release plan.
- HB 2318 High school graduation rate; Board of Education's formula for assessing rates.
- HB 2368 Involuntary civil admissions; evaluations.
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1303 Local school boards; administration of Standards of Learning assessments.
- HB 1320 Teacher licensure renewal; college credit.
- HB 1338 Electronic textbooks; hardware.
- HB 1298 Noncommercial vessels; reasonable suspicion.
- HB 1466 Capitol Police; security for Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General-elect, etc.
- HB 1542 State Trails Advisory Committee; established, report, sunset provision.
- HB 1645 Alcoholic beverage control; expands bed and breakfast licenses.
- HB 1686 Fish; DGIF shall establish a special permit.
- HB 1734 Living shorelines; loans for creation.
- HB 1811 Clams, cultured; use of handheld devices for harvesting.
- HB 1924 Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee; established, report.
- HB 1998 State and federal programs; VRS shall convene a work group to review, etc.
- HB 2026 Health Insurance Reform Commission; power and duties, upon request assess proposed mandated DLS.
- HB 2070 Conflicts of Interests Act, State & Local Gov't & General Assembly, etc.; ethics reforms.
- HB 2106 Virginia Indian Recognition, Joint Commission on; established, report, sunset provision.
- HB 2111 Hunting, trapping, or fishing licenses; electronic copies.
- HB 2193 Virginia Battlefield Preservation Fund; use of grant funds for battlefield preservation.
- HB 2195 Fishing privileges; Marine Resources Commission shall revoke license to fish in tidal water.
- HB 2226 State park master plans; update schedule.
- HB 2240 Blue catfish; introduction, stocking, and release of Blue catfish, exception.
- HB 2247 Henry County; DCR to convey certain property in Horsepasture District.
- HB 2257 Coal mine safety; wide tracking and electric equipment shall maintain safe operating conditions.
- HB 2281 Commission for the Commemoration of the Centennial of Women's Right to Vote.
- HB 2330 Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission; created, financial viability & feasibility.
- HB 2331 Fur-bearing animal; defines fisher in hunting and trapping provisions.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bill on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Joint Resolutions on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Joint Resolutions on Second Reading - Uncontested Calenda ...
- HJ 506 Long-term impact of biosolids and industrial waste; Va. Institute of Marine Science & DMME to study.
- HJ 507 National Day of the Cowboy; designating as fourth Saturday in July 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ 521 Virginia's Rail Heritage Region; designating certain areas in the Commonwealth.
- HJ 527 Virginia Caregivers Month; designating as November 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 533 Gum Disease Awareness Month; designating as February 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 555 Higher education; endorsement of SCHEV's statewide strategic plan, report.
- HJ 557 Veterans Services, Department of; JLARC to review.
- HJ 558 Teachers, qualified; Department of Education and SCHEV, report.
- HJ 566 Lewis & Clark Eastern Legacy Trail; designating as portion of Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail.
- HJ 586 Public elementary schools; voluntary mental health screenings for students.
- HJ 587 Stormwater regulations; impact on high water table area, report.
- HJ 593 Losing Loved Ones in a Tragic Accident Month; designating as August 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ 594 Insurance underwriting; Bureau of Insurance to study use of credit history.
- HJ 598 Driver's license; suspension for unpaid court fines and costs.
- HJ 600 Sexual Assault Awareness Month; designating as April 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 606 Maternal Mental Health Month; designating as May 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 607 National Atomic Veterans Day; designating as July 16, 2015, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 623 Water resource and planning management; JLARC to study Virginia's resources.
- HJ 630 Opioid; mandating health insurance coverage for abuse deterrent formulations.
- HJ 635 Communications sales and use tax; Department of Taxation to study performance of tax.
- HJ 637 Medicaid; JLARC to study the Commonwealth's program.
- HJ 638 Kinship Caregivers of Children Month; designating as September 2015, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 641 Fred Korematsu Day of Civil Liberties and the Constitution; designating as January 30, 2016.
- HJ 644 Internet; benefit of sharing wireless access with local law-enforcement agencies.
- HJ 674 Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.
- HJ 692 Farm-to-School Week; designating as first full week in October 2015, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 693 Tax Withholding and Employer Contribution Awareness Month; designating as March 2016.
- HJ 702 Day to Serve; designating as each day from September 11 to October 10, 2015.
- HJ 797 Day of Honor for the Marquis de Lafayette; designating as March 14, 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ 804 Speaker of the House of Delegates; confirming appointments.
Senate Joint Resolutions on Second Reading - Uncontested Calend ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on First Reading - Uncontested Calenda ...
Senate Resolutions on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Bills or Resolutions Rereferred ...
House Joint Resolution Received and Laid on the Clerk's Desk ...
Senate Bills and Resolutions Referred ...
Resolutions Presented ...