Senate Calendar for February 19, 2015
Bills in Conference ...
Unfinished Business - House ...
Unfinished Business - Senate ...
- SB 695 Hampton, City of; amending charter, candidacy of councilmembers in mayoral election.
- SB 744 Portsmouth, City of; members, etc., of board of zoning appeals shall be appointed by governing body.
- SB 801 Clean energy; financing programs, development of underwriting guidelines.
- SB 861 Nurse practitioners.
- SB 871 Political campaign advertisements; includes yard signs in definition of print media.
- SB 931 Veterans identification card; definition of veteran.
- SB 936 Unclaimed firearms; donation to Department of Forensic Science.
- SB 965 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; limitation on collection.
- SB 1062 Presidential elections; number of officers of election and ballot scanner machines.
- SB 1066 Elected offices; term of officer elected to fill vacancy, filling vacancies in U.S. Senate & House.
- SB 1168 Family day homes and child day centers; local government to report business licenses issued.
- SB 1190 Motor vehicle liability insurance; underinsured motorist claims, settlement procedures, subrogation.
- SB 1194 Conservators of the peace, special; registration with DCJS.
- SB 1195 Conservators of the peace, special; training standards, orders of appointment, etc.
- SB 1217 Private police department; definition.
- SB 1247 Charlottesville, City of; amends current sidewalk construction provision.
- SB 1443 Comprehensive plan; strategies to combat projected sea-level rise.
- SJ 243 Veterans Services, Department of; JLARC to review.
- SJ 268 Medicaid; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study.
- SJ 271 Biosolids and industrial residuals; SNR, et al., to review & evaluate impact on human health, etc.
- SJ 272 Virginia's water resource planning and management; JLARC to study.
- SB 675 Northern Virginia Veterans Care Center; funding of project.
- SB 676 Hampton Roads Veterans Care Center; funding of project.
- SB 803 Speed limits in school crossing zones; counties allowed to increase or decrease.
- SB 892 Overdoses; establishes an affirmative defense to prosecution of an individual, etc., safe reporting.
- SB 916 Diploma seals; BOE shall establish criteria for awarding.
- SB 938 Fire services and emergency medical services; revises certain terminology.
- SB 1042 Capital outlay plan.
- SB 1188 Commercial sex trafficking; penalties.
- SB 1290 Criminal cases; venue for prosecution.
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 2177 Certificate of public need; eliminates regional health planning agencies.
- HB 1500 Overdoses; definition.
- HB 1767 Unlawful detainer proceedings; satisfaction of judgments.
- HB 1927 Criminal cases; venue for prosecution.
- HB 1285 Workers' compensation; definition of employee; property owners' associations.
- HB 1286 Income tax, state; refund payments.
- HB 1297 Machinery and tools tax; production of renewable energy.
- HB 1357 Automobile and homeowners insurance policies; notices.
- HB 1360 Securities Act; crowdfunding exemption.
- HB 1451 Landlord and tenant laws; notice to terminate tenancy.
- HB 1452 Landlord and tenant law; who may recover rent or possession.
- HB 1455 DPOR; promoters of boxing, martial arts, and wrestling events.
- HB 1475 Natural gas utilities; recovery and deferral of system expansion infrastructure costs.
- HB 1487 Depository institutions; authority to sponsor savings promotions.
- HB 1489 Local taxes; payment by a third party.
- HB 1523 Workforce Development, Virginia Board of; qualification for services related to WIA.
- HB 1562 Electronic identity management; standards, liability.
- HB 1563 Business entities; reserved names.
- HB 1588 Economic development policy; Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry added to certain committee.
- HB 1589 Personal property; tax relief on certain motor vehicles leased by members of the military.
- HB 1618 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; resource management plans, closed meetings.
- HB 1629 Financial institutions; a bank may establish & operate automated teller machines, service facility.
- HB 1632 Common Interest Community Board; duties.
- HB 1633 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; record exemption for certain health records.
- HB 1640 State Corporation Commission; certificates of fact.
- HB 1641 Virginia Values Veterans Program; certification by state agencies & higher educational institutions.
- HB 1642 Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act; representations related to special flood hazard areas.
- HB 1673 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; limitation on collection.
- HB 1681 Workplace safety; employer reporting requirements.
- HB 1705 Gas severance tax; no tax shall be imposed on or after January 1, 2018.
- HB 1742 Self storage insurance; authority of unit lessors.
- HB 1747 Health insurance; mental health parity.
- HB 1756 Tourism zones; tax revenues for tourism projects.
- HB 1757 Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business Loan Fund; established.
- HB 1766 Real property tax; exemption for certain leasehold interests.
- HB 1768 Workplace safety; Voluntary Protection Program.
- HB 1784 Virginia Port Authority; capital projects.
- HB 1790 State agency or official; prohibition on payments without an appropriation, prohibition on IOUs.
- HB 1794 Foreclosure sale by trustee in execution of deed of trust; advertisement of time-share properties.
- HB 1795 Virginia Real Estate Board; exemptions from licensure.
- HB 1799 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Investment Authority; powers, report.
- HB 1800 Open-end lending by banks, savings institutions, etc.; determining grace period.
- HB 1806 Workers' compensation; exclusion of certain truck owner-operators.
- HB 1826 Virginia Racing Commission; powers, definitions, advance deposit account wagering revenues.
- HB 1842 Performance and incentive grants; review of incentive packages, report, repeals certain provisions.
- HB 1860 Collection receptacles for clothing, household items, etc.; required disclosures.
- HB 1867 Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; visible mold remediation, obligation of landlord.
- HB 1878 Stock corporations and nonstock corporations; procedures.
- HB 1885 Virginia Retirement System; revocation of participation of political subdivision.
- HB 1890 Virginia Retirement System; purchase of service credit for prior service.
- HB 1899 Administrative Process Act; legislative review of regulations.
- HB 1901 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; clarifies definition of small business.
- HB 1916 Fraud and Abuse Whistle Blower Protection Act; definition of state agency.
- HB 1917 Governmental agencies; contracts for items listed on commercial activities list.
- HB 1942 Health insurance; carrier business practices, prior authorization provisions.
- HB 1950 Electric utilities; net energy metering programs.
- HB 1965 Virginia Contractor and Real Estate Transaction Recovery Funds; conforms provisions.
- HB 1967 Veterans Services Foundation; acceptance of revenue from all sources to support its mission.
- HB 1969 Virginia Retirement System; cash balance retirement plan.
- HB 1986 Workforce Development, Virginia Board of; changes to Board requirements, annual report.
- HB 2018 Veterans Services, Board of; increases membership.
- HB 2019 Virginia Port Authority; additional exemptions from the Public Procurement Act.
- HB 2031 Health insurance; updating maximum allowable cost pricing lists.
- HB 2055 Condominium Act; suspension of voting rights.
- HB 2071 Service and Volunteerism, Advisory Board on; established to advise Governor and his cabinet.
- HB 2081 Employers; disclosure of social media account information.
- HB 2098 Tangible personal property; miscellaneous and incidental property.
- HB 2148 Virginia Public Procurement Act; small, women-owned, & minority-owned businesses, defines business.
- HB 2173 Real property tax; waiver of delinquent taxes.
- HB 2176 Virginia Stock Corporation Act and Virginia Nonstock Corporation Act; updates terminology.
- HB 2178 Hybrid retirement program; disclosure of services, etc., associated with voluntary contributions.
- HB 2204 Line of Duty Act; codifying revisions to the Act.
- HB 2207 Broadband Advisory Council; increases membership.
- HB 2277 Life insurance; coverage for retired state employees.
- HB 2283 Virginia-recognized Indian tribes; enforcement of Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- HB 2288 Virginia Tourism Authority; Secretary of Agriculture & Forestry added member of Board of Directors.
- HB 2295 Real Estate Board; educational requirements for salespersons.
- HB 2299 Health services plans; effects of actions of other states.
- HB 2307 Withholding taxes; employer may request a waiver from Tax Commissioner.
- HB 2357 Insurance rates; limitation for renewal policies.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bill on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1284 Branchville, Town of; amending charter, elections, terms of office of council members.
- HB 1333 Polling places; designation of authorized representatives of political parties.
- HB 1386 Disaster relief; assistance by out-of-state businesses and employees.
- HB 1424 Virginia Water and Waste Authorities Act; delinquent payment.
- HB 1427 Felony homicide; felony drug offenses, penalty.
- HB 1446 Clean energy; financing programs, development of underwriting guidelines.
- HB 1460 Campaign finance reports; changes pre-election reporting period for certain reports.
- HB 1471 Affordable housing; City of Fairfax added to list of localities with authority to provide.
- HB 1493 Enticing another into a dwelling house; person who commits certain violations, Class 6 felony.
- HB 1532 Roanoke, City of; amending charter, appointment of director of finance, term of office.
- HB 1538 Voter identification; reasonable match of identification and pollbook name.
- HB 1553 Local notifications; locality may by ordinance establish system to deliver to residents by email.
- HB 1593 Parking in residential areas; localities may by ordinance permit in a public right-of-way.
- HB 1625 Lovettsville, Town of; amending charter, updates boundaries, town powers, etc.
- HB 1653 Voter identification; accepted forms of identification.
- HB 1656 James City County; amending charter, director of planning.
- HB 1663 Buchanan, Town of; amending charter, powers and elections.
- HB 1682 Alexandria, City of; amending charter, changes certain powers of mayor, city council, etc.
- HB 1702 Firearms; transfer, etc., from licensed dealer.
- HB 1758 Portsmouth, City of; appointment of board of zoning appeals.
- HB 1761 Portsmouth, City of; amending charter, election of mayor and city council members.
- HB 1834 Luray, Town of; amending charter, changes date of municipal elections.
- HB 1849 Zoning appeals, board of; granting of variance, ex parte communications, proceedings.
- HB 1857 Weber City, Town of; amending charter, extends terms of council members, mayor, etc.
- HB 1893 Bristol, City of; amending charter, clarifying changes to the Bristol Virginia Utilities Authority.
- HB 1895 Higher educational institutions; additional financial and administrative authority.
- HB 1896 Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program; grants.
- HB 1897 Intercollegiate athletics programs; format for each institution to report revenues and expenses.
- HB 1898 Pulp, Paper, and Fertilizer Advanced Manufacturing Performance Grant Program; created.
- HB 2025 Hampton, City of; amending charter, candidacy of councilmembers in mayoral election.
- HB 2040 Prostitution, pandering, etc.; violation of certain provisions is punishable.
- HB 2051 Charlottesville, City of; amends current sidewalk construction provision.
- HB 2056 Registered voters; persons who voted in certain elections, no disclosure of social security numbers.
- HB 2062 Elections administration; pre-election and post-election activities.
- HB 2128 Amherst, Town of; amending charter, creates the office of town manager and reassigns various duties.
- HB 2152 Write-in votes; duties of the electoral boards.
- HB 2292 Culpeper, Town of; amending charter, notice of special meetings and residence of Town Manager.
- HB 2308 County manager plan of government; governing body (Arlington County) may appoint county auditor.
- HB 2319 Halifax County Board of Supervisors; election of an at-large member.
- HB 2379 Voter list maintenance; SBE shall utilize data received through list comparisons with other states.
- HB 2384 Workers' compensation; electronic billing and payment.
- HB 2385 Wireless telecommunications device; possession, etc., by prisoner, penalty.
- HB 2397 Uniform Military and Overseas Voters Act; efficiencies reforms.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Joint Resolution on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Joint Resolutions on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Memorial Resolutions ...
- HJ 554 Celebrating the life of the Reverend Dr. Edward Daniel McCreary, Jr.
- HJ 568 Celebrating the life of Jack Wayne Hunley.
- HJ 579 Commemorating the lives and legacies of the Four Chaplains.
- HJ 679 Celebrating the life of Joseph Licari.
- HJ 681 Celebrating the life of Earl T. Smith.
- HJ 704 Celebrating the life of R. David O'Dell, Jr.
- HJ 713 Celebrating the life of Michael Francis Blair.
- HJ 714 Celebrating the life of Jack R. Hamm.
- HJ 736 Celebrating the life of Captain William E. West, Jr., USCG (Ret.).
- HJ 737 Celebrating the life of Dennis Ray Daniels.
- HJ 739 Celebrating the life of Thomas F. Bergin.
- HJ 747 Celebrating the life of the Honorable William Wellington Jones.
- HJ 750 Celebrating the life of James Clement Van Pelt, Sr.
- HJ 754 Celebrating the life of Gertrude Weber.
- HJ 757 Celebrating the life of Ralph Schaefer Oglesby.
- HJ 759 Celebrating the life of E. Cabell Brand.
- HJ 761 Celebrating the life of Lular Ree Clarke Lucky.
- HJ 762 Celebrating the life of the Honorable George W. Harris, Jr.
- HJ 763 Celebrating the life of Charles Paul Ajemian.
- HJ 767 Celebrating the life of W. Nelson Taylor, Sr.
- HJ 768 Celebrating the life of Betty Ostergren.
- HJ 783 Celebrating the life of Cornelius Wright Sherman.
- HJ 786 Celebrating the life of Sally Clay Estes Flinn.
- HJ 787 Celebrating the life of the Honorable Herbert E. Harris II.
- HJ 794 Celebrating the life of Sara Louise Rollison.
- HJ 796 Celebrating the life of Arthur A. Kirk, M.D.
- HJ 798 Celebrating the life of John Robert Erwin.
- HJ 799 Celebrating the life of Patricia Godbolt White.
- HJ 800 Celebrating the life of Marian M. Bailey.
- SJ 351 Celebrating the life of John Edward Hughes.
- SJ 352 Celebrating the life of Gertrude Weber.
- SJ 355 Celebrating the life of William Mackensen Dressler, Sr.
- SJ 359 Celebrating the life of Patricia Carolyn McWaters.
- SJ 361 Celebrating the life of Charles L. Moseley.
- SR 96 Celebrating the life of Dorothy Seal Tolbert.
- SR 98 Celebrating the life of Elaine Trimble Patterson.
- SR 99 Celebrating the life of Bonnie Estelle McEachin.
- SR 102 Celebrating the life of Samuel T. Jacob, Jr.
Commending Resolutions ...
Bills or Resolutions Rereferred ...
House Joint Resolutions Read First Time and Referred ...