Senate Calendar for February 9, 2015
Senate Bill on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bill on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bill on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 1401 Tourism project of regional significance; entitlement to tax revenues.
- SB 732 Investigational drugs; expanded access.
- SB 876 Conflict of Interests Act, State and Local Government; prohibited contracts by hospital authorities.
- SB 877 Recognition of EMS Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact; created.
- SB 926 Notice provisions; third party commercial carrier.
- SB 1045 Autism spectrum disorder; Board of Medicine shall post information available on website.
- SB 1052 Developmental disabilities; definition.
- SB 1140 Local fiscal impact bills; first day introduction.
- SB 1186 Naloxone; administration in cases of opiate overdose.
- SB 1197 Hospitals; establishing policies to follow when a stillbirth occurs, reporting.
- SB 1206 Higher educational institutions; six-year plan to include intellectual property interests, etc.
- SB 1223 Higher educational institutions, four-year public; websites, consumer information.
- SB 1244 Chiropractors; expands scope of practice.
- SB 1260 Restaurants; regulations requiring display of information about food allergies.
- SB 1286 Public schools; annual budget publication in line item form on school division's website.
- SB 1290 Criminal cases; venue for prosecution.
- SB 1293 Public elementary and secondary schools; student identification numbers.
- SB 1307 Search warrants; collection of evidence from computers, computer networks, or other device.
- SB 1327 Higher education; in-state tuition.
- SB 1339 School board clerks; electronic maintenance of records.
- SB 1354 Uniformed services-connected students; identification.
- SB 1369 Virginia Science Technology Engineering and Applied Mathematics (STEAM) Academy, Inc.; established.
- SB 1417 Counselors; client notification.
- SB 1424 Conflicts of Interests Act, State & Local Gov't & General Assembly, etc.; ethics reforms.
- SB 1427 Breastfeeding in public places; mother's right.
- SB 1434 Dead bodies; disposition, identification of decedent.
- SB 1446 Training centers; discharge plans.
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 718 Telemedicine; Department of Health to establish a three-year pilot program, report.
- SB 1209 New Economy Industry Credential Assistance Training Grants; established.
- SB 1311 Prisoners; sheriff, etc., to notify victim as soon as practicable of transfer.
- SB 1315 Nonhuman primates; acquisition prohibited, penalties.
- SB 1325 Nicotine Vapor products; prohibits purchase, etc., by minors, packaging, civil penalty.
- SB 1365 Carbon dioxide emissions; DEQ to develop state plan to regulate emissions.
- SB 1408 Emergency services; routine review, report.
- SB 1409 Community services boards; DBHDS to enter into agreements with certain health care providers.
- SB 1440 Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission; financial viability & feasibility.
- SB 1460 Financial exploitation of adults; report to State Police when loss is greater then $100,000.
- SB 1461 Waterfowl blinds; expiration and renewal of licenses in Virginia Beach, late fee, etc.
Senate Bills on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on Third Reading - Uncontested Calenda ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Resolution on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on Second Reading - Uncontested Calend ...
Senate Joint Resolution on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Bills or Resolutions Recommitted ...
House Bills Read First Time and Referred ...
- HB 1277 Industrial hemp; production and manufacturing.
- HB 1287 Forfeiture of property used in connection with commission of crimes; conviction required.
- HB 1296 Elected offices; November or May general election.
- HB 1308 Wire, electronic, or oral communications; civil action for unlawful interception, disclosure, etc.
- HB 1319 Special license plates; CURE CHILDHOOD CANCER.
- HB 1333 Polling places; designation of authorized representatives of political parties.
- HB 1334 Students' personally identifiable information; (DOE) to develop certain policies.
- HB 1350 Personal injury or wrongful death; appointment of an administrator for prosecution of action.
- HB 1351 Diploma seals; biliteracy.
- HB 1355 Photo monitoring; use of systems to enforce traffic light signals, appeals.
- HB 1366 Sex offenders; prohibiting entry onto school or other property, hearing.
- HB 1367 Temporary injunction; affidavit or verified pleading.
- HB 1374 License plates, special; issuance for veterans who have a service-connected disability.
- HB 1397 Divorce; evidence by affidavit.
- HB 1408 Telecommunication records; warrant requirement, prohibition on collection by law enforcement.
- HB 1413 Hospital discharge procedures; designation of individual to receive information and instructions.
- HB 1418 Criminal injuries compensation; confidentiality.
- HB 1423 Advanced Learning and Research, Institute for; board membership.
- HB 1439 Alcoholic beverage control; regulations.
- HB 1443 Public schools; Board of Education regulations on use of seclusion and restraint.
- HB 1458 Naloxone or other opioid antagonist; pharmacist may dispense in cases of opiate overdose.
- HB 1466 Capitol Police; security for Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General-elect, etc.
- HB 1470 Northern Virginia Transportation Authority; use of revenues, effective date.
- HB 1473 General registrars; appointment from adjoining locality.
- HB 1474 Detention of delinquent juveniles; offenses causing death.
- HB 1476 Nurse practitioners; expert witness testimony, added to definition of health care provider.
- HB 1482 Alcoholic beverage control; creates an art instruction studio license.
- HB 1490 Standards of Learning; eligibility for retake of test, exception.
- HB 1506 Deferred and installment payments; condition of all agreements for fines, costs, etc., posting.
- HB 1531 Speed limits in school crossing zones; counties allowed to increase or decrease.
- HB 1545 United States Postal Service; inspectors.
- HB 1549 Motor vehicle dealers; prohibits franchisors from coercing dealers to provide access to data.
- HB 1560 Electronic summons systems; towns may assess an additional sum.
- HB 1565 Companion animals; authority of animal control officers.
- HB 1581 Family life education; advance directives related to mental health.
- HB 1587 Deemed consent for blood testing; minors.
- HB 1594 Outdoor advertising; regulation by county governing bodies.
- HB 1597 Virginia National Guard; nonjudicial punishment.
- HB 1601 Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA); amends Act to modify current version.
- HB 1609 Severability; removes clauses by repeal or amendment throughout Code of Virginia.
- HB 1610 Punitive or exemplary damages; consistency provided by changing references to damages.
- HB 1611 Assault and battery; felony when committed against certain persons.
- HB 1612 School service providers; protection of student personal information.
- HB 1635 Defamation; statute of limitations, actions involving Internet.
- HB 1657 Advance directives; directions about life-prolonging procedures during pregnancy.
- HB 1666 Firearms or ammunition for firearms; petition for permit of restoration of right to possess, venue.
- HB 1676 Postsecondary credential, etc.; local school board agreements with community colleges.
- HB 1679 Students, hearing or visually impaired; information on services on school division website.
- HB 1682 Alexandria, City of; amending charter, changes certain powers of mayor, city council, etc.
- HB 1692 Higher educational institutions; alternative tuition or fee structures offered to students.
- HB 1715 Higher educational institutions; students exhibiting suicidal tendencies or behavior, policies.
- HB 1738 Hospices; notice to dispenser of patient's death within 48 hours.
- HB 1739 Landlord and tenant laws; applicability to campgrounds.
- HB 1748 Accidents; reports maintained by DMV.
- HB 1750 Investigational drugs; expanded access.
- HB 1758 Portsmouth, City of; appointment of board of zoning appeals.
- HB 1761 Portsmouth, City of; amending charter, election of mayor and city council members.
- HB 1775 Medical malpractice proceedings; health care providers, expert testimony.
- HB 1780 Circuit court clerk; revises certain responsibilities.
- HB 1784 Virginia Port Authority; capital projects.
- HB 1791 Higher educational institutions; removal of members of board of visitors, etc.
- HB 1796 Alcoholic beverage control; operation of government store by distiller licensee.
- HB 1804 Onsite sewage systems; validity of certain septic tank permits.
- HB 1806 Workers' compensation; exclusion of certain truck owner-operators.
- HB 1822 Apprenticeship-related instruction; transfers certain duties.
- HB 1824 Motor Vehicles, Department of; unlawful provision of examination answers.
- HB 1834 Luray, Town of; amending charter, changes date of municipal elections.
- HB 1847 Public assistance; eligibility determinations.
- HB 1850 Weight of vehicles; DMV included as an agency whose notice or publication must match the Code of Va.
- HB 1851 Attorney General; allowed to represent a court reporter employed by the Commonwealth, etc.
- HB 1857 Weber City, Town of; amending charter, extends terms of council members, mayor, etc.
- HB 1859 Breaks Interstate Park Commission; employees being commissioned as conservation officers.
- HB 1867 Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; visible mold remediation, obligation of landlord.
- HB 1868 Home care organizations; unlawful advertising.
- HB 1875 Land records; Department of Historic Resources exempted from fee for secured remote access record.
- HB 1882 Writ of actual innocence; bail hearings.
- HB 1886 Public-Private Transportation Act; establishes requirement for finding of public interest.
- HB 1887 Commonwealth Transportation Board; membership, funding, updates annual reporting, and allocations.
- HB 1892 Commonwealth of Virginia Institutions of Higher Education Bond Act of 2015; created.
- HB 1893 Bristol, City of; amending charter, clarifying changes to the Bristol Virginia Utilities Authority.
- HB 1908 Alcoholic beverage control; adds powdered or crystalline alcohol, penalty.
- HB 1921 Virginia Self-Service Storage Act; notice of default by electronic means.
- HB 1927 Criminal cases; venue for prosecution.
- HB 1935 Motor vehicle dealers; prohibits coercion by any manufacturer, distributor, or any affiliate.
- HB 1946 Administrative subpoenas; electronic communication services.
- HB 1952 School buses; transfer and sell to another school division.
- HB 1955 Cigarette laws; administration and enforcement.
- HB 1958 DOC, Board and Director of; prohibiting inmate possession of obscene materials, powers and duties.
- HB 1959 Higher educational institutions; information for six-year plans.
- HB 1963 Health Professions, Department of; disclosure of confidential information.
- HB 1965 Virginia Contractor and Real Estate Transaction Recovery Funds; conforms provisions.
- HB 1978 Juvenile Justice, Advisory Committee on; changes requirements for quorum and meetings.
- HB 1980 Higher educational institutions, four-year public; websites, consumer information.
- HB 1983 Remote access to land records; indemnification.
- HB 2015 Creditor process; bankruptcy proceeding exemptions.
- HB 2016 Personal injury or wrongful death action; qualification of fiduciary.
- HB 2019 Virginia Port Authority; additional exemptions from the Public Procurement Act.
- HB 2049 Preliminary hearing; certification of ancillary misdemeanor offenses.
- HB 2051 Charlottesville, City of; amends current sidewalk construction provision.
- HB 2055 Condominium Act; suspension of voting rights.
- HB 2061 Circuit court; electronic filing in civil proceedings.
- HB 2063 Telemedicine services; provision of health care services.
- HB 2068 Senior citizens' higher education; income limit.
- HB 2082 Emergency care; forcible entry of motor vehicle to remove a minor.
- HB 2083 Community policy and management teams; policies governing referrals and reviews.
- HB 2090 Restaurants; training standards that address food safety and food allergy awareness and safety.
- HB 2094 Building Code; limitation of prosecution for violations.
- HB 2112 DCJS; eliminates requirement for training standards for undercover work.
- HB 2114 Competitive foods; school-sponsored fundraisers.
- HB 2118 Acute psychiatric bed registry; frequency of updating.
- HB 2119 Alcoholic beverage control; improvement of customer service.
- HB 2129 Barriers to licensure or registration; certain DCJS regulated industries.
- HB 2141 Community policy and management teams; information sharing.
- HB 2152 Write-in votes; duties of the electoral boards.
- HB 2172 Courts of record; submission of trial court record to appellate court.
- HB 2182 Criminal Justice Services, Department of; prescription drug abuse policy.
- HB 2184 Salvage, nonrepairable, and rebuilt vehicles; requirements and practices of certain dealers.
- HB 2222 Commonwealth's Attorneys Training Fund; established.
- HB 2228 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry; registration verification.
- HB 2229 Small estates; checks or negotiable instruments.
- HB 2235 HOT lanes; when law-enforcement vehicles may use.
- HB 2255 Lawrenceville, Town of; DOC to convey certain real property to be used for water facilities.
- HB 2273 Virginia Port Authority; expands police powers.
- HB 2283 Virginia-recognized Indian tribes; enforcement of Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- HB 2286 Firearms or ammunition; possession by convicted felons, restoration of rights, etc.
- HB 2290 University of Virginia; terms of rector and vice-rector.
- HB 2292 Culpeper, Town of; amending charter, notice of special meetings and residence of Town Manager.
- HB 2298 Capitol Square; payment of restitution for any damage to Square or any building, etc.
- HB 2320 Cooperative degree program; Secretary of Education, et al., shall develop a plan to establish.
- HB 2357 Insurance rates; limitation for renewal policies.
- HB 2379 Voter list maintenance; SBE shall utilize data received through list comparisons with other states.
House Joint Resolutions Read First Time and Referred ...
House Joint Resolutions Received and Laid on the Clerk's Desk ...
Senate Bills and Resolutions Referred ...
Resolutions Presented ...