House Calendar for February 10, 2015
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1279 Motor vehicle sales and use tax; expands certain exemption.
- HB 1427 Felony homicide; felony drug offenses, penalty.
- HB 1489 Local taxes; payment by a third party.
- HB 1578 DNA data bank; State Police to verify receipt of samples from persons on the Sex Offender Registry.
- HB 1628 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contract modification.
- HB 1693 Civil admission process; alternative transportation.
- HB 1694 Temporary detention order; custody.
- HB 1705 Gas severance tax; no tax shall be imposed on or after January 1, 2018.
- HB 1717 Psychiatric treatment of minors; objecting minor.
- HB 1721 Real property tax; exemption for surviving spouses of members of armed forces killed in action.
- HB 1756 Tourism zones; tax revenues for tourism projects.
- HB 1785 Campus police departments; sexual assault reporting.
- HB 1790 State agency or official; prohibition on payments without an appropriation, prohibition on IOUs.
- HB 1798 Fiduciary; qualification without security, issuance of certificates of qualification.
- HB 1808 Missing persons; search and rescue.
- HB 1810 Prescription Monitoring Program; civil subpoenas.
- HB 1951 Child support; proportionate share of health insurance premiums.
- HB 2048 General district court or circuit court; payment of funds.
- HB 2080 Condominium Act and Property Owners' Association Act; notice of sale under deed of trust.
- HB 2120 Strangulation; admission to bail, alleged victim is a family or household member.
- HB 2161 Deeds of trust or mortgages; calculation of tax shall be calculated using rate scale, etc.
- HB 2164 Commonwealth Transportation Board; nonlegislative citizen members shall be appointed by Governor.
- HB 2173 Real property tax; waiver of delinquent taxes.
- HB 2189 Motor Vehicle Dealer Board; authority over recreational, trailer, and motorcycle dealers, penalties.
- HB 2265 Private security services; DCJS shall cause to be issued a plastic photo identification card.
- HB 2266 Transportation Accountability, Joint Commission on; powers and duties.
- HB 2269 Kenneth B. Gibson Memorial Park-and-Ride; designating as park-and-ride facility on Interstate 81.
- HB 2289 Auxiliary lights on public utility vehicles; certain vehicles may be equipped with clear lights.
- HB 2312 Blue Star Memorial Highway; designating as a portion of Va. Route 36 in Prince George County.
- HB 2323 Information technology projects and services; Chief Information Officer authorized to approve.
- HB 2329 Protective orders; compensation for required representation of respondents.
- HB 2332 Roadside safety devices; certain shall be equipped with Identification numbers, etc.
- HB 2342 Salvage license; salvage advertising and display.
- HB 2368 Involuntary civil admissions; evaluations.
- HB 2383 Child support; disabled child over the age of 18.
- HB 2391 Highway funds; allocation by the Commonwealth Transportation Board.
- HB 1372 Motor vehicle accidents; not-at-fault accidents.
- HB 1419 Standards of Learning; changes.
- HB 1424 Virginia Water and Waste Authorities Act; delinquent payment.
- HB 1444 Vision care plans; reimbursement for services.
- HB 1455 DPOR; promoters of boxing, martial arts, and wrestling events.
- HB 1486 Workers' compensation; exclusivity of remedy.
- HB 1493 Enticing another into a dwelling house; person who commits certain violations, Class 6 felony.
- HB 1500 Overdoses; definition.
- HB 1533 Obscene sexual display in a public place; third offense, penalty.
- HB 1606 Private police departments; definition.
- HB 1645 Alcoholic beverage control; expands bed and breakfast licenses.
- HB 1702 Firearms; transfer, etc., from licensed dealer.
- HB 1718 Private investigators or personal protection specialist; independent contractors.
- HB 1794 Foreclosure sale by trustee in execution of deed of trust; advertisement of time-share properties.
- HB 1795 Virginia Real Estate Board; exemptions from licensure.
- HB 1820 Workers' compensation; pecuniary liability of the employer for medical services, report.
- HB 1833 Naloxone; administration by law-enforcement officers.
- HB 1839 Controlled substances; scheduling.
- HB 1842 Performance and incentive grants; review of incentive packages, report, repeals certain provisions.
- HB 1849 Zoning appeals, board of; granting of variance, ex parte communications, proceedings.
- HB 1854 Virginia Public Procurement Act; small, women-owned, minority-owned, etc., businesses.
- HB 1885 Virginia Retirement System; revocation of participation of political subdivision.
- HB 1901 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; clarifies definition of small business.
- HB 1917 Governmental agencies; contracts for items listed on commercial activities list.
- HB 1918 Public assistance; local director of social services to determine eligibility.
- HB 1934 Virginia Racing Commission; revoke.
- HB 1942 Health insurance; carrier business practices, prior authorization provisions.
- HB 1957 Juvenile records; DMV information released to certain persons.
- HB 1964 Commercial sex trafficking; penalties.
- HB 1969 Virginia Retirement System; cash balance retirement plan.
- HB 1998 State and federal programs; VRS shall convene a work group to review, etc.
- HB 2018 Veterans Services, Board of; increases membership.
- HB 2025 Hampton, City of; amending charter, candidacy of councilmembers in mayoral election.
- HB 2031 Health insurance; updating maximum allowable cost pricing lists.
- HB 2035 Lynchburg, City of; establishment of an airport police department at Lynchburg Regional Airport.
- HB 2040 Prostitution, pandering, etc.; violation of certain provisions is punishable.
- HB 2043 Incarcerated persons; transfer to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- HB 2100 Condominium and Property Owners' Association Acts; allowable charges, rental of units.
- HB 2103 Asbestos, Lead, and Home Inspectors, Virginia Board for; new home inspections, penalty.
- HB 2106 Virginia Indian Recognition, Joint Commission on; established, report, sunset provision.
- HB 2125 Use of unmanned aircraft systems; search warrant required.
- HB 2128 Amherst, Town of; amending charter, creates the office of town manager and reassigns various duties.
- HB 2204 Line of Duty Act; codifying revisions to the Act.
- HB 2206 Conservators of the peace, special; application for appointment.
- HB 2263 Roanoke Regional Airport Commission; may establish police department with law-enforcement powers.
- HB 2281 Commission for the Commemoration of the Centennial of Women's Right to Vote.
- HB 2295 Real Estate Board; educational requirements for salespersons.
- HB 2299 Health services plans; effects of actions of other states.
- HB 2308 County manager plan of government; governing body (Arlington County) may appoint county auditor.
- HB 2315 Vehicle registration or vehicle inspection; dismissal of summons for failure to renew, etc.
- HB 2316 Southwest Virginia Health Authority; review and approval of proposed cooperative agreements.
- HB 2322 Health benefit plans; essential health benefits waiver.
- HB 2355 Electronic communication service or remote computing service; obtaining records, real-time data.
- HB 2372 Medical assistance; asset verification, financial institutions to provide certain medical records.
- HB 2384 Workers' compensation; electronic billing and payment.
- HB 2385 Wireless telecommunications device; possession, etc., by prisoner, penalty.
- HB 2396 Surety on a bond; discharge from liability, magistrates.
- HB 2397 Uniform Military and Overseas Voters Act; efficiencies reforms.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 1297 Machinery and tools tax; production of renewable energy.
- HB 1437 Prayer at public events; authority to adopt an ordinance to allow.
- HB 1554 Recyclable materials; changes tax credit by extending expiration date to January 1, 2020.
- HB 1562 Electronic identity management; standards, liability.
- HB 1573 Attorney General or his designee; duty to represent the interests of the Commonwealth.
- HB 1589 Personal property; tax relief on certain motor vehicles leased by members of the military.
- HB 1648 Sales and use tax; exemption includes gold, silver, or platinum whose sales price exceeds $1,000.
- HB 1653 Voter identification; accepted forms of identification.
- HB 1672 School Performance Report Card; redesign to be more effective in communicating to parents & public.
- HB 1764 Criminal history record information; dissemination, etc., civil actions.
- HB 1766 Real property tax; exemption for certain leasehold interests.
- HB 1879 Coalfield employment enhancement; coal tax credits.
- HB 1968 Recordation tax; open line deeds of trust.
- HB 1984 Judicial retirement; any member who attains 73 years of age shall be retired 20 days after convening
- HB 2042 Mobile food vending businesses; regulations to permit on state highway rights-of-way, exception.
- HB 2098 Tangible personal property; miscellaneous and incidental property.
- HB 2179 Tax information; release to Commonwealth Attorneys and the Attorney General.
- HB 2304 Speed limits; maximum in certain residence districts, penalty.
- HB 2306 ABLE savings trust accounts; established, administered by the Virginia College Savings Plan.
- HB 2307 Withholding taxes; employer may request a waiver from Tax Commissioner.
- HB 2314 Bail bondsmen and bail enforcement agents; license suspension when arrested for a felony, reporting.
- HB 1315 Jury commissioners; retention of information obtained from those not qualified to serve.
- HB 1329 Out-of-state concealed handgun permits; photo identification.
- HB 1338 Electronic textbooks; hardware.
- HB 1361 Virginia Virtual School, Board of; established, report.
- HB 1446 Clean energy; financing programs, development of underwriting guidelines.
- HB 1472 "Our Great Virginia"; designating as the official state song.
- HB 1538 Voter identification; reasonable match of identification and pollbook name.
- HB 1550 School calendar; local school boards responsible for setting.
- HB 1570 Child day centers and family day homes; regulations, national background check required, report.
- HB 1673 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; limitation on collection.
- HB 1734 Living shorelines; loans for creation.
- HB 1799 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Investment Authority; powers, report.
- HB 1807 Cigarettes; possession with intent to distribute contraband, fraudulent purchase.
- HB 1814 Alcoholic beverage control; food-beverage ratio.
- HB 1826 Virginia Racing Commission; powers, definitions, advance deposit account wagering revenues.
- HB 1838 School calendar; local school boards responsible for setting.
- HB 1860 Collection receptacles for clothing, household items, etc.; required disclosures.
- HB 1928 DNA; analysis upon conviction of certain misdemeanors.
- HB 1930 Higher educational institutions; review committees, reporting of acts of sexual violence, report.
- HB 1940 Health insurance; mandated coverage for autism spectrum disorder.
- HB 1950 Electric utilities; net energy metering programs.
- HB 1962 School board members, local; professional development activities requirement.
- HB 2009 Firearms, certain; law-enforcement certification.
- HB 2020 Licensed local school board instructional or administrative employees; service retirement allowance.
- HB 2026 Health Insurance Reform Commission; power and duties, upon request assess proposed mandated DLS.
- HB 2029 Concealed handgun permits; background check, exemption for permit holders.
- HB 2056 Registered voters; persons who voted in certain elections, no disclosure of social security numbers.
- HB 2062 Elections administration; pre-election and post-election activities.
- HB 2237 Electric utility ratemaking; recovery of costs of solar energy facilities.
- HB 2238 Virginia Parental Choice Education Savings Accounts; established.
- HB 2244 Electric utilities, certain; updated integrated resource plans.
- HB 2267 Virginia Solar Energy Development Authority; created, report.
- HB 2274 Electric utilities; cost recovery.
- HB 2319 Halifax County Board of Supervisors; election of an at-large member.
- HB 2354 State Board for Community Colleges; policy for the award of academic credit for military training.
- HB 2369 Conservators of the peace, special; orders of appointment.
- HB 2378 State agencies; work group established to provide public access to operational data, etc.
- HB 2395 Public works contracts; prevailing wage provisions.
- HB 1698 Students; questionnaires and surveys requesting sexual information, etc.
- HB 2092 Sexual and Domestic Violence, Advisory Committee on; established.
- HB 1332 House of Delegates districts; technical adjustment.
- HB 1776 Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority; created, report, eliminates ABC Board.
- HB 1286 Income tax, state; refund payments.
- HB 1353 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry; Supplement to Registry.
- HB 1445 Cannabidiol oil and THC-A oil; possession of marijuana.
- HB 1469 Marriage certificates; parties able to designate themselves as spouse, bride, etc., on application.
- HB 1639 DUI; persons convicted under laws of other states or federal law.
- HB 1767 Unlawful detainer proceedings; satisfaction of judgments.
- HB 1783 Child support; arrearage.
- HB 1819 Motor vehicle accidents; underinsured motorist claims, settlement procedures, subrogation.
- HB 1828 Land preservation; tax credit.
- HB 1905 Landlord and tenant law; retaliatory conduct by landlord.
- HB 2144 Detention and removal of U.S. citizen from State; SPS shall request notification within 24 hours.
- HB 2162 Income tax, corporate; taxable income of taxpayers with enterprise data center operations.
- HB 1417 House of Delegates districts; technical adjustments.
- HB 1503 Driving after forfeiture of license; blood alcohol content.
- HB 1699 House of Delegates districts; technical adjustment to Districts 25 and 26 in Rockingham County.
- HB 2070 Conflicts of Interests Act, State & Local Gov't & General Assembly, etc.; ethics reforms.
- HB 2071 Service and Volunteerism, Advisory Board on; established to advise Governor and his cabinet.
- HB 2223 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; willful and knowing violations of certain provisions, penalty.
Resolution - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bill on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bill on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on First Reading and Referred ...
- SB 727 School Performance Report Card; redesign to be more effective in communicating to parents & public.
- SB 814 Electronic identity management; standards, liability.
- SB 883 Virginia-Korea Advisory Board; established, report.
- SB 888 Electronic summons systems; fees assessed by towns.
- SB 913 Custody or visitation orders; filing fees.
- SB 940 Montross, Town of; amending charter, moves election date of town council.
- SB 960 Juvenile on probation; funding for re-entry and release services.
- SB 965 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; limitation on collection.
- SB 967 Extended Foster Care Services and Support Program; created.
- SB 1013 Virginia Public Building Authority; Military Mission Improvement and Expansion projects.
- SB 1019 Land preservation; tax credit.
- SB 1049 Regional jails; reimbursement of capital costs, regional contracts for cooperative jailing.
- SB 1053 Civil commitment proceedings; fees and compensation.
- SB 1055 Child welfare agencies; background checks, barrier crimes.
- SB 1083 Immunizations; adds certain doses of meningococcal vaccine to minimum requirements.
- SB 1098 Juvenile Justice and Prevention, Advisory Committee on; delinquency prevention.
- SB 1123 Child care subsidy; license required.
- SB 1158 Statewide Fire Prevention Code; authorizes use of consumer fireworks in Commonwealth.
- SB 1162 Hybrid retirement program; disclosure of services, etc., associated with voluntary contributions.
- SB 1168 Family day homes and child day centers; local government to report business licenses issued.
- SB 1213 Human Trafficking, Advisory Council on; established, report, sunset provision.
- SB 1230 ABC Board; regulation of distribution and sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- SB 1231 Cigarettes; possession with intent to distribute contraband, fraudulent purchase.
- SB 1305 Unclaimed property; use of death master file.
- SB 1314 Northern Virginia Transportation Authority; long-range plan.
- SB 1316 Circuit court clerks; changes to operation of clerks, including electronic records, fees, etc.
- SB 1360 Commonwealth's Attorneys Training Fund.
- SB 1402 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; open meeting exemption for gang-related activities.
- SB 1451 Tolls; imposition and collection for use of Interstate Route 95 south of City of Fredericksburg.
- SB 1455 Commonwealth of Virginia Veterans Bond Act of 2015; created.
Bill Referred by House ...
Resolution Referred by House ...
Resolutions Presented ...