Senate Commerce and Labor
Monday, 1/2 hour after adjournment,
Senate Room B
Legislation reported out:
(registered users: create
- HB 1305 Workers' compensation; injuries presumed to be in course of employment, unless evidence to contrary.
- HB 1318 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act; certain liquefied propane gas containers exempt from Act.
- HB 1347 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- HB 1351 Credit unions, federal; those operating within State to comply with Virginia Small Estate Act.
- HB 1372 Unemployment compensation; disqualification from benefits due to loss of license or certification.
- HB 1385 Labor organization representation; right to vote by secret ballot.
- HB 1396 Portable electronics insurance; eliminates provision that caps incidental compensation, etc.
- HB 1481 Scrap metal purchasers; purchase of secondhand articles, reports, penalty.
- HB 1510 Dental or optometric services plans; requirement for nonstock corporation that offer or administer.
- HB 1527 Fire insurance; clarifies that excess insurance may be written on an endorsement, etc.
- HB 1528 Commercial insurance policies; only first named insured required to be given notice of cancellation.
- HB 1573 Financial institutions; contract provision requiring amendment or waiver to be in writing, etc.
- HB 1607 Property and casualty insurance policies; electronic notices, etc.
- HB 1610 Financial institutions; identification of joint accounts.
- HB 1655 Motor vehicle insurance; assignment of medical expense benefits to assignor's health care provider.
- HB 1656 Workers' Compensation Commission; location of offices.
- HB 1681 Child labor permits; transfers task of issuing from public school superintendents to DOLI.
- HB 1686 Credit unions; limit on authorized investments in certain property, retained earnings.
- HB 1695 Agricultural-customer generators, eligible; renewable energy incentives through net metering, etc.
- HB 1707 Unemployment compensation; notices of penalties for fraudulent claims for benefits, etc.
- HB 1731 Self storage units; procedure for lessors to sell self storage insurance for personal property.
- HB 1733 Workers' compensation; peer review of services rendered by physicians.
- HB 1739 Banks; security deposits of governmental entities.
- HB 1748 Limited liability companies; updates Virginia Limited Liability Company Act, technical amendments.
- HB 1760 SCC; integration of processes and forms by June 30, 2018, into Business Permitting Center, report.
- HB 1769 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- HB 1770 Natural gas utilities; eligible safety activity costs to be recovered as deferred costs.
- HB 1784 Accident and sickness insurance; individual open enrollment program.
- HB 1790 Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium Authority; established, report.
- HB 1792 General and limited partnerships; updates certain Acts.
- HB 1799 Natural gas utilities; investments in qualifying projects.
- HB 1803 Mortgage loan originators; conforms Virginia statutory law to federal regulations.
- HB 1817 State Corporation Commission; payments and dishonored payments.
- HB 1838 Insurance agents; agent whose license has been revoked, may not be employed by agent or agency.
- HB 1900 Health insurance reform; revises State's laws.
- HB 1917 Electric utilities; renewable thermal energy.
- HB 1931 Employee's personal information; employer not required to release, communicate, etc., to 3rd party.
- HB 2018 Workers' compensation; coverage for trainees at criminal justice training academies.
- HB 2023 Travel insurance; provides for sale by licensed property and casualty insurance agents, etc.
- HB 2061 Human trafficking hotline; posted notices, etc.
- HB 2085 Consumer Counsel of Dept. of Law, Division of; replaces referenece to Office of Consumer Affairs.
- HB 2102 Uniform Commercial Code; secured transactions, filing of documents, etc.
- HB 2104 Banks; derivative transactions.
- HB 2113 Virginia Business Trust Act; modifies provisions.
- HB 2115 Telephone carriers; intrastate switched access charges.
- HB 2118 Insurance policies; required notice.
- HB 2157 Financial institutions; checks required to show date account was opened.
- HB 2162 Money order sales and money transmission services; provisions.
- HB 2174 Workers' compensation; Commission may review any award of compensation, compensation benefits.
- HB 2180 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- HB 2237 Voluntary regulatory self-assessments by banks; privilege.
- HB 2246 Health benefit exchange; regulation of navigators, report.
- HB 2261 Investor-owned electric utilities; electric utility ratemaking. Emergency.
- HB 2273 Enterprise Zone Grant Program; redesignation of certain joint enterprise zones.
- HB 2334 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
- SB 727 Workers' compensation; presumptions, members of enforcement division of DMV.
- SB 769 Credit unions; limit on authorized investments in certain property, retained earnings.
- SB 775 Unemployment compensation; noncharging of overpayments, penalty for fraudulent claims.
- SB 776 Virginia New Hire Reporting Center; employer to submit information concerning newly hired employee.
- SB 777 Insurance; notice of lapse in coverage for certain life and accident and sickness policies.
- SB 778 State Corporation Commission; pro bono legal services.
- SB 779 Limited liability companies; assignment of interest.
- SB 780 Accident and sickness insurance, individual; open enrollment program.
- SB 816 Payment of wages to employees; requires employers to maintain and preserve certain records.
- SB 896 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- SB 905 Credit unions, federal; those operating within State to comply with Virginia Small Estate Act.
- SB 917 Financial institutions; contract provision requiring amendment or waiver to be in writing, etc.
- SB 921 Health insurance reform; revises State's laws.
- SB 922 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- SB 945 Patient assistance programs; work group to develop recommendations regarding specialty drug needs.
- SB 956 Investor-owned electric utilities; declining block rate for residential customers.
- SB 984 Settlement payment; notification by insurer required.
- SB 988 Voluntary regulatory self-assessments by banks; privilege.
- SB 994 Mortgage loan originators; conforms Virginia statutory law to federal regulations.
- SB 1023 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
- SB 1034 Banks; derivative transactions.
- SB 1035 Unemployment compensation; collection of overpayments.
- SB 1059 Dental and optometric services plans; applicability of certain provisions.
- SB 1066 Uniform Commercial Code; funds transfers.
- SB 1138 Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium Authority; established, report.
- SB 1230 Unemployment compensation; establishes short-time compensation program, report, effective date.
- SB 1243 Health maintenance organizations; health care plans to provide coverage for newborn children.
- SB 1249 Financial institutions; checks required to show date account was opened.
- SB 1259 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- SB 1261 Health benefit exchange; regulation of navigators, report.
- SB 1269 Renewable energy portfolio standard program; sale of electricity from renewable sources.
- SB 1274 Tanning facilities; age limit, parental consent.
- SB 1287 Natural gas utilities; eligible safety activity costs to be recovered as deferred costs.
- SB 1339 Electric utility ratemaking; revises certain incentives & other provisions applicable.
- SB 1366 Electric utility regulation; schedule for biennial reviews, authority to petition.