Senate Calendar for February 13, 2013
Unfinished Business - Senate ...
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bill on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1336 Telework tax credit; creates income tax credit for certain employees.
- HB 1500 Budget Bill.
- HB 1767 Machinery and Equipment Donation Grant Program; established.
- HB 1784 Accident and sickness insurance; individual open enrollment program.
- HB 1923 Worker retraining tax credit; increase in credit amount for tax years beginning January 1, 2012.
- HB 1993 Motor vehicle rental tax; exclusions from gross rental proceeds.
- HB 2047 Long-term health care insurance; tax credit not allowed if person claimed fed. income tax deduction.
- HB 2167 Income tax, state; deductions for prepaid funeral, medical, and dental insurance premiums.
- HB 2236 RS&UT; exemption for separately charged amounts for labor, etc., on property sold or rented.
- HB 1305 Workers' compensation; injuries presumed to be in course of employment, unless evidence to contrary.
- HB 1318 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act; certain liquefied propane gas containers exempt from Act.
- HB 1347 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- HB 1393 Fleet management; DGS to issue guidance documents to govern use of vehicles in State fleet.
- HB 1401 Real property tax; collection of delinquent taxes, notice to taxpayer regarding payment agreement.
- HB 1480 Real Estate Board; authority to hear fair housing violations by real estate licensees.
- HB 1482 Wastewater works operator; must sit for conventional onsite sewage system operator examination.
- HB 1532 Virginia Retirement System; benefits for certain local employees.
- HB 1563 Burial services; Cemetery Board to develop process to ensure consumers get accurate cost estimates.
- HB 1607 Property and casualty insurance policies; electronic notices, etc.
- HB 1610 Financial institutions; identification of joint accounts.
- HB 1638 Military Affairs, Department of; providing of flag to next of kin.
- HB 1641 Professional and Occupational Regulation, Department of; powers and duties of regulatory boards.
- HB 1645 Tradesmen; Board for Contractors shall evaluate continuing education requirements, report.
- HB 1649 Pawnbrokers and precious metals dealers; records required to be maintained, etc.
- HB 1655 Motor vehicle insurance; assignment of medical expense benefits to assignor's health care provider.
- HB 1670 Transient occupancy tax; adds Dickenson County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- HB 1695 Agricultural-customer generators, eligible; renewable energy incentives through net metering, etc.
- HB 1697 Real property tax; land use valuation.
- HB 1699 Personal property tax, tangible; computer equipment & peripherals used in data centers, definition.
- HB 1707 Unemployment compensation; notices of penalties for fraudulent claims for benefits, etc.
- HB 1711 Condominium and Property Owners' Association Acts; notice to owners of election of directors.
- HB 1731 Self storage units; procedure for lessors to sell self storage insurance for personal property.
- HB 1733 Workers' compensation; peer review of services rendered by physicians.
- HB 1734 Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; technical amendments.
- HB 1736 Real Estate Board; protection of escrow funds by real estate licensee, rental agreement, etc.
- HB 1739 Banks; security deposits of governmental entities.
- HB 1749 Landlord and tenant laws; application to certain occupants of hotel, motel, etc.
- HB 1760 SCC; integration of processes and forms by June 30, 2018, into Business Permitting Center, report.
- HB 1770 Natural gas utilities; eligible safety activity costs to be recovered as deferred costs.
- HB 1771 Gas severance taxes, local; validation of coal & gas severance tax & road improvement tax ordinance.
- HB 1785 RS & UT; revenue dedicated for public facility in Town of Wise.
- HB 1799 Natural gas utilities; investments in qualifying projects.
- HB 1802 Contractors, Board for; creation of residential and commercial contractor license categories.
- HB 1807 Condominium & Property Owners' Association Acts; disclosure of qualification for federal financing.
- HB 1824 Virginia port volume; increase tax credit to certain entities, clarifies definitions.
- HB 1838 Insurance agents; agent whose license has been revoked, may not be employed by agent or agency.
- HB 1845 Fraud and Abuse Whistle Blower Reward Fund; amount of reward.
- HB 1855 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exempts records of Department of Aviation.
- HB 1860 Personal property tax; advertising signs.
- HB 1872 Investments; qualification for tax credits, clarifies meaning of funding portal, guidelines.
- HB 1906 Veterans; Department of Veterans Services to develop comprehensive program to reduce unemployment.
- HB 1959 Certified public accountants; time for filing complaints with Board of Accountancy, etc.
- HB 2018 Workers' compensation; coverage for trainees at criminal justice training academies.
- HB 2023 Travel insurance; provides for sale by licensed property and casualty insurance agents, etc.
- HB 2026 Virginia FOIA; remote participation in meeting by member of public body.
- HB 2043 Virginia FOIA; allows board of trustees of Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation to convene closed meeting.
- HB 2054 RS&UT; exemption includes property used for harvesting forest products.
- HB 2061 Human trafficking hotline; posted notices, etc.
- HB 2082 Information Technology Advisory Council; Council to elect chairman and vice-chair from membership.
- HB 2083 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- HB 2092 Tax information; disclosure.
- HB 2095 Intergovernmental Affairs, Office of; removes references to Office.
- HB 2100 Coal severance taxes, local; establishes gross income for certain purposes. Emergency.
- HB 2102 Uniform Commercial Code; secured transactions, filing of documents, etc.
- HB 2104 Banks; derivative transactions.
- HB 2114 State Inspector General; additional powers and duties, report.
- HB 2139 State officers and employees; removal of certain officers from office.
- HB 2146 Virginia War Memorial; powers and duties of division of Department of Veterans Services.
- HB 2154 Virginia Workforce Council; powers and duties, change in membership.
- HB 2174 Workers' compensation; Commission may review any award of compensation, compensation benefits.
- HB 2194 Capital outlay; establishes revised six-year plan for projects.
- HB 2219 Cigarette taxes; certain bond or irrevocable letter of credit requirements.
- HB 2222 Appraisal management companies; provision of appraisal services.
- HB 2231 Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Fund; amount of financial assistance.
- HB 2273 Enterprise Zone Grant Program; redesignation of certain joint enterprise zones.
- HB 2275 Condominium Act; expands respective declarant control period, warranty review committees.
- HB 2301 Volunteer fire/EMS departments; localities may have ordinances that include billing property owners.
- HB 2303 Transient occupancy tax; Arlington County may impose additional tax.
- HB 2304 Commercial use of seals of the Commonwealth; commemorative coins, recommendations.
- HB 2305 Community associations; restrictions on solar panels.
- HB 2316 Virginia Public Procurement Act; multiple project contracts for architectural, etc., services.
- HB 2334 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 1996 Nonprofit organizations; tax credits for donations to those assisting low-income families, etc.
- HB 2313 Revenues and appropriations of State; changes to revenues collected and distribution, report.
- HB 1372 Unemployment compensation; disqualification from benefits due to loss of license or certification.
- HB 1398 Land preservation tax credits; Budget Bill to include an appropriation for land preservation, etc.
- HB 1521 Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act; designation of tourism activity zones, etc.
- HB 1524 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; records of minors participating in park and recreation program.
- HB 1547 Cemeteries; minimum tree canopy during development process shall be 10 percent.
- HB 1595 Condominium and Property Owners' Association Acts; imposition of late fees for assessments, etc.
- HB 1769 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- HB 1801 Virginia Contractor Transaction Recovery Act; claims review process.
- HB 1900 Health insurance reform; revises State's laws.
- HB 1960 Board for Contractors; necessity for license, commissioning of public works of art.
- HB 2098 School boards; releases from state regulation.
- HB 2123 Juvenile Justice, Board of; increases membership.
- HB 2180 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- HB 2200 Property Owners' Association Act; lot owner permitted to operate home-based business, etc.
Bills or Resolutions Rereferred ...
- HB 1554 Risk management plans; insurance coverage for sheriffs or deputies, limitation on liability.
- HB 1630 Virginia Real Estate Time-Share Act; developer control in time-share estate program, etc.
- HB 1720 Alcoholic beverages; person not requiring evidence of legal age guilty of Class 3 misdemeanor, etc.
- HB 1783 Contraband cigarettes, tax-paid; increases penalty for possession with intent to distribute.
- HB 1820 Cigarettes; sale, purchase, possession, etc., for purpose of evading taxes, penalties.
- HB 2276 Virginia Port Authority; reform by adding Chief Executive Officer to Board of Commissioners, etc.
Resolutions Presented ...