Senate Calendar for January 31, 2013
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 706 Mentally incapacitated persons; financial exploitation, penalty.
- SB 811 False lien or encumbrance; filing against real or personal property of another, penalty.
- SB 846 Community colleges; certain colleges to develop policies to increase dual enrollment.
- SB 853 Assault and battery; adds magistrates within enhanced penalty provision.
- SB 857 Higher ed. institutions; expands eligibility for in-state tuition to certain dependents of military.
- SB 881 Volunteer fire/EMS departments; localities may have ordinances that include billing property owners.
- SB 896 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- SB 929 State Police, Department of; variable housing allowance.
- SB 945 Patient assistance programs; work group to develop recommendations regarding specialty drug needs.
- SB 988 Voluntary regulatory self-assessments by banks; privilege.
- SB 996 Temporary detention orders; increases maximum duration person may be detained from 48 to 72 hours.
- SB 1004 Landlord and tenant laws; early termination of rental agreements by victims of family abuse, etc.
- SB 1010 Identity theft; victim assistance, restitution, penalties.
- SB 1015 Prostitution; solicitation of a minor, penalty.
- SB 1018 Unstamped cigarettes; sale, purchase, possession, etc., for purpose of evading taxes, penalties.
- SB 1023 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
- SB 1031 Children; taking indecent liberties, use of communications system to propose sex offenses.
- SB 1033 Juvenile and adult facilities; punishment for certain offenses committed within facilities, etc.
- SB 1083 Cannabinoids, research chemicals, synthetic; penalties.
- SB 1098 Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program; Expected Family Contribution.
- SB 1137 SCC; integration of processes and forms by June 30, 2018, into Business Permitting Center, report.
- SB 1151 Virginia Student Achievement Fund; established.
- SB 1157 Commonwealth Teaching Fellows Program; established.
- SB 1185 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- SB 1188 Career Pathways System Advisory Council; established, report.
- SB 1197 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contracts for architectural or professional engineering services.
- SB 1201 School divisions; regulations concerning Board of Education's process for submitting proposals, etc.
- SB 1214 Sentencing guidelines; definition of violent felony.
- SB 1230 Unemployment compensation; establishes short-time compensation program, report, effective date.
- SB 1242 Tuition, in-state; veterans residing within State shall be eligible for in-state charges.
- SB 1243 Health maintenance organizations; health care plans to provide coverage for newborn children.
- SB 1259 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- SB 1316 Wetland delineator; requirements for certification.
- SB 1339 Electric utility ratemaking; revises certain incentives & other provisions applicable.
- SB 1342 Higher education; mental health treatment coordination for certain students.
- SB 1356 Loudoun County; governing body to appoint members of its board of equalization.
- SB 1366 Electric utility regulation; schedule for biennial reviews, authority to petition.
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- SB 721 VIEW; substance abuse screening and assessment of public assistance applicants and recipients.
- SB 727 Workers' compensation; presumptions, members of enforcement division of DMV.
- SB 822 Statewide Fire Prevention Code; fees charged by State Fire Marshal.
- SB 832 Mandatory minimum sentences; terms of confinement or imprisonment to be served consecutively.
- SB 835 TANF; assistance when convicted of drug-related felony, ineligible if fail or refuse drug testing.
- SB 917 Financial institutions; contract provision requiring amendment or waiver to be in writing, etc.
- SB 922 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- SB 1017 Contraband cigarettes, tax-paid; increases penalty for possession with intent to distribute.
- SB 1019 Counterfeit cigarettes; penalties.
- SB 1020 RICO; contraband cigarettes, penalties.
- SB 1032 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry Act; add to list of offenses requiring registration.
- SB 1091 Risk management plan; local participation.
- SB 1123 Virginia Shakespeare Festival; designating as official Shakespeare festival.
- SB 1132 Claims; Bennett Barbour's estate.
- SB 1156 Teacher compensation; State goal that public school teacher compensation be nationally competitive.
- SB 1171 Public schools; reading intervention services for students in kindergarten through grade 3, etc.
- SB 1172 Standards of Quality; assignment of certain staff by local school divisions.
- SB 1205 Criminal street gang predicate offenses; penalties.
- SB 1274 Tanning facilities; age limit, parental consent.
- SB 1334 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exemption for Commonwealth's Attorneys' Services Council.
- SB 1350 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; created, report.
Senate Bills on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 850 Low-income and disabled customers; criteria for discounted fees and charges for water and sewer.
- SB 963 Officers of election; officers may be assigned to work in multiple precincts on election day.
- SB 1027 Voting; handling of overvoted ballots, counting device to receive and count certain ballots.
- SB 1029 Planning, zoning, etc., procedures; local commission shall consult with installation commander.
- SB 1049 Candidates; petition signatures, qualification to have name appear on ballot.
- SB 1089 Health insurance; program for local government employees and other political subdivisions of State.
- SB 1111 Gas severance taxes, local; validation of coal & gas severance tax & road improvement tax ordinance.
- SB 1145 Absentee ballots; confirmation of receipt.
- SB 1186 Medical assistance services; duties of Attorney General.
- SB 1195 Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program; created, sunset provision.
- SB 1290 Higher educational institutions; full or partial tuition waiver for dependent children of faculty.
- SB 1314 Local boundaries for law-enforcement; organizing for purpose of 911 dispatch and response.
- SB 1347 Southwest Virginia Health Authority; clarifies definition of hospital, etc., powers, report.
- SB 1365 Tax administration; monetary awards for detection of tax underpayments, development of guidelines.
Senate Bills on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on First Reading - Uncontested Calenda ...
Senate Joint Resolutions on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Memorial Resolutions ...
Commending Resolutions ...
Bills or Resolutions Rereferred ...
House Bills Read First Time and Referred ...
- HB 1308 Writ of actual innocence; petition by juvenile adjudicated delinquent upon felony charge.
- HB 1385 Labor organization representation; right to vote by secret ballot.
- HB 1387 License plates, special; issuance for supporters of Washington Nationals baseball team.
- HB 1439 Background checks; children's residential facilities regulated by Department of Juvenile Justice.
- HB 1473 Concession stands at youth athletic activities; exempt from regulations applicable to restaurants.
- HB 1475 Motorcycle titling; purchase of new motorcycles for parts.
- HB 1476 Motorcycle rider safety training centers; requires motorcycles supplied to meet certain criteria.
- HB 1483 District court; record on appeal.
- HB 1509 Failed electronic payments; civil action, unlawful detainer remedies.
- HB 1619 Secure inpatient treatment hearings; report to counsel for respondent.
- HB 1652 Electronic filing in civil proceedings; certain circuit court clerks may charge an additional fee.
- HB 1658 Circuit court clerks; revises various powers and duties for certification of records, etc.
- HB 1715 Circuit court clerks; electronic filing and records, remote access.
- HB 1791 Practitioners; suspension or revocation of license, etc., by health regulatory board.
- HB 1856 Emergency medical services; Board of Health to develop policies related to statewide providers.
- HB 1931 Employee's personal information; employer not required to release, communicate, etc., to 3rd party.
- HB 1981 Electronic tracking devices; person who installs, etc., without consent, Class 3 misdemeanor.
- HB 1985 Vehicle weight limits and overweight permits; technical changes.
- HB 2033 Provisional driver's license; restriction exceptions.
- HB 2040 Noise abatement practices and technologies; VDOT's evaluation extended for two additional years.
- HB 2042 DMV; customer service.
- HB 2055 Notaries; qualifications include being a legal resident of U.S., technical amendments.
- HB 2058 Conservators of the peace, special; State-owned museums to apply for appointment by circuit court.
- HB 2066 Standards of Quality; assignment of certain staff by local school divisions.
- HB 2068 Public schools; reading intervention services for students in kindergarten through grade 3, etc.
- HB 2077 Motor carrier and commercial drivers; amends several licensing laws, etc.
- HB 2083 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- HB 2091 Magistrates; supervision by Executive Secretary of the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- HB 2098 School boards; releases from state regulation.
- HB 2117 Foster care; time to conduct hearings, etc.
- HB 2130 Nursing homes; implementation of voluntary electronic monitoring in residents' rooms.
- HB 2144 Standards of Quality; waivers from third grade Standards of Learning assessments in certain schools.
- HB 2177 Counseling, Board of; qualification of members, etc.
- HB 2189 Home care organizations; proof of initial reserve operating funds.
- HB 2191 Court-appointed guardians of incapacitated persons; annual report.
- HB 2197 Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.; construction of use of old Code sections.
- HB 2215 Charles K. "Pete" Estes Memorial Bridge; designating newly replaced U.S. Route 522 bridge.
- HB 2231 Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Fund; amount of financial assistance.
- HB 2248 Money laundering; adds investigations of violations to multijurisdiction grand juries.
- HB 2249 William and Mary, The College of; management agreement between the Commonwealth.