Senate Calendar for January 30, 2013
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 1006 Physician, licensed, etc.; may perform procedure for physical evidence recovery kit examination.
- SB 729 Jail facilities, temporary; Chesapeake allowed certain waivers for current temporary structures.
- SB 862 Foster care; independent living services.
- SB 863 Independent living services; foster children committed to Department of Juvenile Justice.
- SB 943 Corrections and Juvenile Justice, Departments of; powers and duties of Director, etc.
- SB 952 Child support; directs DSS to establish statewide arrearage reduction program.
- SB 992 Background checks; children's residential facilities regulated by Department of Juvenile Justice.
- SB 1117 Virginia Uniform Certificate of Title for Watercraft Act; adoption of Act, technical amendments.
- SB 1127 Alcoholic beverage control; operation of contract winemaking facilities.
- SB 1193 Alcoholic beverage control; renewal of licenses, payment of license tax and civil penalty.
- SB 1217 Corrections, Department of; exchange of medical and mental health records, etc.
- SB 1277 Wildlife exhibitor permit; possession and display of wildlife in schools for educational purposes.
- SB 1309 Virginia Soil and Water Conservation Board; powers and duties.
- SB 1310 Social Services, Commissioner of; submission of financial information by applicant, licensure.
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 706 Mentally incapacitated persons; financial exploitation, penalty.
- SB 811 False lien or encumbrance; filing against real or personal property of another, penalty.
- SB 846 Community colleges; certain colleges to develop policies to increase dual enrollment.
- SB 853 Assault and battery; adds magistrates within enhanced penalty provision.
- SB 857 Higher ed. institutions; expands eligibility for in-state tuition to certain dependents of military.
- SB 881 Volunteer fire/EMS departments; localities may have ordinances that include billing property owners.
- SB 896 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- SB 929 State Police, Department of; variable housing allowance.
- SB 945 Patient assistance programs; work group to develop recommendations regarding specialty drug needs.
- SB 988 Voluntary regulatory self-assessments by banks; privilege.
- SB 996 Temporary detention orders; increases maximum duration person may be detained from 48 to 72 hours.
- SB 1004 Landlord and tenant laws; early termination of rental agreements by victims of family abuse, etc.
- SB 1010 Identity theft; victim assistance, restitution, penalties.
- SB 1015 Prostitution; solicitation of a minor, penalty.
- SB 1018 Unstamped cigarettes; sale, purchase, possession, etc., for purpose of evading taxes, penalties.
- SB 1023 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
- SB 1031 Children; taking indecent liberties, use of communications system to propose sex offenses.
- SB 1033 Juvenile and adult facilities; punishment for certain offenses committed within facilities, etc.
- SB 1083 Cannabinoids, research chemicals, synthetic; penalties.
- SB 1098 Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program; Expected Family Contribution.
- SB 1137 SCC; integration of processes and forms by June 30, 2018, into Business Permitting Center, report.
- SB 1151 Virginia Student Achievement Fund; established.
- SB 1157 Commonwealth Teaching Fellows Program; established.
- SB 1185 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- SB 1188 Career Pathways System Advisory Council; established, report.
- SB 1197 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contracts for architectural or professional engineering services.
- SB 1201 School divisions; regulations concerning Board of Education's process for submitting proposals, etc.
- SB 1214 Sentencing guidelines; definition of violent felony.
- SB 1230 Unemployment compensation; establishes short-time compensation program, report, effective date.
- SB 1242 Tuition, in-state; veterans residing within State shall be eligible for in-state charges.
- SB 1243 Health maintenance organizations; health care plans to provide coverage for newborn children.
- SB 1259 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- SB 1316 Wetland delineator; requirements for certification.
- SB 1339 Electric utility ratemaking; revises certain incentives & other provisions applicable.
- SB 1342 Higher education; mental health treatment coordination for certain students.
- SB 1356 Loudoun County; governing body to appoint members of its board of equalization.
- SB 1366 Electric utility regulation; schedule for biennial reviews, authority to petition.
Senate Bills on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- SB 721 VIEW; substance abuse screening and assessment of public assistance applicants and recipients.
- SB 727 Workers' compensation; presumptions, members of enforcement division of DMV.
- SB 822 Statewide Fire Prevention Code; fees charged by State Fire Marshal.
- SB 832 Mandatory minimum sentences; terms of confinement or imprisonment to be served consecutively.
- SB 835 TANF; assistance when convicted of drug-related felony, ineligible if fail or refuse drug testing.
- SB 917 Financial institutions; contract provision requiring amendment or waiver to be in writing, etc.
- SB 922 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- SB 1017 Contraband cigarettes, tax-paid; increases penalty for possession with intent to distribute.
- SB 1019 Counterfeit cigarettes; penalties.
- SB 1020 RICO; contraband cigarettes, penalties.
- SB 1032 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry Act; add to list of offenses requiring registration.
- SB 1091 Risk management plan; local participation.
- SB 1123 Virginia Shakespeare Festival; designating as official Shakespeare festival.
- SB 1132 Claims; Bennett Barbour's estate.
- SB 1156 Teacher compensation; State goal that public school teacher compensation be nationally competitive.
- SB 1171 Public schools; reading intervention services for students in kindergarten through grade 3, etc.
- SB 1172 Standards of Quality; assignment of certain staff by local school divisions.
- SB 1205 Criminal street gang predicate offenses; penalties.
- SB 1274 Tanning facilities; age limit, parental consent.
- SB 1334 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exemption for Commonwealth's Attorneys' Services Council.
- SB 1350 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; created, report.
Bills or Resolutions Rereferred ...
House Bills Read First Time and Referred ...
- HB 1388 Teaching positions; notice to principals, assistant principals, or supervisors of reassignment.
- HB 1392 Higher educational institutions; modifications to prior revenue bond bills, emergency.
- HB 1393 Fleet management; DGS to issue guidance documents to govern use of vehicles in State fleet.
- HB 1399 RS&UT; deletes portion of tax exemption for pollution control equipment and facilities.
- HB 1445 Home care organizations; clarifies liability insurance coverage requirements.
- HB 1449 Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain properties.
- HB 1468 Public schools; possession & administration of epinephrine by employees of local governing bodies.
- HB 1481 Scrap metal purchasers; purchase of secondhand articles, reports, penalty.
- HB 1501 Pharmacy; collaborative agreements.
- HB 1522 Personal property tax; classification of motor vehicles leased by locality/constitutional officer.
- HB 1524 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; records of minors participating in park and recreation program.
- HB 1539 Motor vehicles; certain vehicle dealers not required to display license at wholesale auction.
- HB 1553 Real property tax assessment; affordable housing.
- HB 1562 Dangerous and vicious dogs; when owner is charged with a violation, officer shall confine dog, etc.
- HB 1577 TANF; restrictions on use of cash assistance, not to access cash through electronic transaction.
- HB 1587 ABC; contemplated actions by brewery or beer wholesaler.
- HB 1655 Motor vehicle insurance; assignment of medical expense benefits to assignor's health care provider.
- HB 1671 Alcoholic beverage control; exemption from tied house restriction for one out-of-state winery.
- HB 1687 Real property tax; increases in assessed value for prior years.
- HB 1727 Water and waste authorities; rates and charges.
- HB 1731 Self storage units; procedure for lessors to sell self storage insurance for personal property.
- HB 1744 Grass and weeds; written notice to property owners in Dinwiddie County and City of Hampton, etc.
- HB 1757 Wetland and Stream Replacement Fund; established.
- HB 1778 Mammography; provider must notify patient about dense breast tissue.
- HB 1790 Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium Authority; established, report.
- HB 1797 Transient occupancy tax; adds Greensville County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- HB 1824 Virginia port volume; increase tax credit to certain entities, clarifies definitions.
- HB 1825 Duck blinds; establishes time periods for person to obtain stationary blind license.
- HB 1829 Foxes; using GPS device to manage dogs while hunting, may also use GPS while hunting other game.
- HB 1849 Alcoholic beverage control; operation of contract winemaking facilities.
- HB 1855 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exempts records of Department of Aviation.
- HB 1859 Rabies; local governing body to hold clinic at least once every two years.
- HB 1890 General Services, Department of; public access to standard vendor accounting information.
- HB 1923 Worker retraining tax credit; increase in credit amount for tax years beginning January 1, 2012.
- HB 1940 Community Colleges, State Board for, et al; faculty representatives & student representatives.
- HB 1944 Electric vehicles, converted; fees for inspection.
- HB 1952 Higher educational institutions; board of visitors governance, report.
- HB 1975 Certificate of public need; continuing care retirement communities, admissions to nursing home beds.
- HB 1994 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contract pricing arrangements.
- HB 2018 Workers' compensation; coverage for trainees at criminal justice training academies.
- HB 2023 Travel insurance; provides for sale by licensed property and casualty insurance agents, etc.
- HB 2026 Virginia FOIA; remote participation in meeting by member of public body.
- HB 2039 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Implementation Plan; added to list to receive contributions of refunds.
- HB 2043 Virginia FOIA; allows board of trustees of Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation to convene closed meeting.
- HB 2044 Highway Construction Advisory Committee, Recycled Materials in; eliminates Committee.
- HB 2045 Foster care and adoption; decisions regarding federal benefits, right to appeal to Commissioner.
- HB 2052 HOT lanes; allows state or local law-enforcement vehicles, etc., to enter.
- HB 2059 Landlords; reduces amount of income tax credits that may be issued each fiscal year by DHCD.
- HB 2076 Charter schools, public; applications.
- HB 2080 Evidence acceptable to DMV Commissioner of payments of taxes, etc.
- HB 2084 Teach for America; creates two-year provisional license for participants.
- HB 2085 Consumer Counsel of Dept. of Law, Division of; replaces referenece to Office of Consumer Affairs.
- HB 2101 High School to Work Partnerships; Board of Education shall develop guidelines for establishment.
- HB 2105 Junkyards; policy and definitions.
- HB 2106 Traffic regulation; conforms Title 46.2 to changes to Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- HB 2110 Coal and Gas Road Improvement Fund; tax revenue used to construct, etc., natural gas service lines.
- HB 2136 Methasterone and prostanozol; added to list of Schedule III controlled substances.
- HB 2137 Local governments; environmental impact reports, prohibits purchase of certain deicing agents, etc.
- HB 2145 Virginia College Savings Plan; deposit of income tax refunds.
- HB 2150 Tax code, state; advances conformity with Internal Revenue Code.
- HB 2151 Public schools; evaluation policies and grievance procedures.
- HB 2155 Insurance premiums license tax; technical corrections for administration.
- HB 2157 Financial institutions; checks required to show date account was opened.
- HB 2161 Nurses; authority to possess and administer oxygen to treat emergency medical conditions.
- HB 2174 Workers' compensation; Commission may review any award of compensation, compensation benefits.
- HB 2175 Veterans care center; construction in Northern Virginia.
- HB 2181 Medical equipment suppliers; delivery of sterile water and saline.
- HB 2209 Virginia Soil and Water Conservation Board; powers and duties.
- HB 2220 Banister River; designates a portion of as a component of Virginia Scenic Rivers System.
- HB 2237 Voluntary regulatory self-assessments by banks; privilege.
- HB 2245 Virginia's Future, Council on; extends sunset provision.
- HB 2254 Menhaden fish; allowable catch for those landed in State, report. Emergency.
- HB 2256 Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation; membership of board of trustees. Emergency.
- HB 2261 Investor-owned electric utilities; electric utility ratemaking. Emergency.
House Joint Resolutions Read First Time and Referred ...
- HJ 550 Diwali Day; designating as last Saturday in October 2013, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 608 Pakistan Independence Day; designates as August 14, in 2013 and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 724 Hepatitis B Awareness Day; designating as May 19, 2013, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 727 Distracted Driving Awareness Month; designating as April 2013, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 731 National Wear Red Day; designating as February 1, 2013, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 754 Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation; to assist in planning 400th anniversary of landmark events.
- HJ 755 Tax restructuring; elimination of BPOL, Machinery and Tool, etc., Taxes.
- HJ 758 Urban Agriculture Month; designating as October 2013, and each succeeding year thereafter.
House Joint Resolutions Received and Laid on the Clerk's Desk ...