House Calendar for February 6, 2013
House Bill on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bill with Senate Amendment ...
Senate Bill on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
Senate Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on First Reading and Referred ...
- SB 706 Mentally incapacitated persons; financial exploitation, penalty.
- SB 727 Workers' compensation; presumptions, members of enforcement division of DMV.
- SB 750 Nursing homes, certified nursing facilities, etc.; notice of liability insurance coverage, etc.
- SB 809 Juvenile offenders; punishment for conviction of certain felonies.
- SB 811 False lien or encumbrance; filing against real or personal property of another, penalty.
- SB 822 Statewide Fire Prevention Code; fees charged by State Fire Marshal.
- SB 830 Absentee voting and procedures; SBE to provide to military overseas, secure electronic ballots.
- SB 832 Mandatory minimum sentences; terms of confinement or imprisonment to be served consecutively.
- SB 835 TANF; assistance when convicted of drug-related felony, ineligible if fail or refuse drug testing.
- SB 840 Fraud; court may vacate judgment of criminal conviction or adjudication of person.
- SB 846 Community colleges; certain colleges to develop policies to increase dual enrollment.
- SB 850 Low-income and disabled customers; criteria for discounted fees and charges for water and sewer.
- SB 853 Assault and battery; adds magistrates within enhanced penalty provision.
- SB 857 Higher ed. institutions; expands eligibility for in-state tuition to certain dependents of military.
- SB 881 Volunteer fire/EMS departments; localities may have ordinances that include billing property owners.
- SB 884 Impoundment structures; notice of increase in the flow of water, civil penalties.
- SB 896 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- SB 917 Financial institutions; contract provision requiring amendment or waiver to be in writing, etc.
- SB 920 Emergency custody and involuntary temporary detention; transportation.
- SB 922 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- SB 929 State Police, Department of; variable housing allowance.
- SB 942 Certificate of public need; amendments to existing certificates related to medical care.
- SB 945 Patient assistance programs; work group to develop recommendations regarding specialty drug needs.
- SB 963 Officers of election; officers may be assigned to work in multiple precincts on election day.
- SB 977 Public-Private Transportation Act; receipt of competing proposals, disclosure of business points.
- SB 981 Handheld personal communications devices; unlawful to use on school property or crossing, etc.
- SB 986 Public schools; cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillators.
- SB 988 Voluntary regulatory self-assessments by banks; privilege.
- SB 996 Temporary detention orders; increases maximum duration person may be detained from 48 to 72 hours.
- SB 1004 Landlord and tenant laws; early termination of rental agreements by victims of family abuse, etc.
- SB 1006 Physician, licensed, etc.; may perform procedure for physical evidence recovery kit examination.
- SB 1010 Identity theft; victim assistance, restitution, penalties.
- SB 1011 Clinical social workers; educational requirements for licensure.
- SB 1015 Prostitution; solicitation of a minor, penalty.
- SB 1017 Contraband cigarettes, tax-paid; increases penalty for possession with intent to distribute.
- SB 1018 Unstamped cigarettes; sale, purchase, possession, etc., for purpose of evading taxes, penalties.
- SB 1019 Counterfeit cigarettes; penalties.
- SB 1020 RICO; contraband cigarettes, penalties.
- SB 1023 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
- SB 1027 Voting; handling of overvoted ballots, counting device to receive and count certain ballots.
- SB 1029 Planning, zoning, etc., procedures; local commission shall consult with installation commander.
- SB 1031 Children; taking indecent liberties, use of communications system to propose sex offenses.
- SB 1032 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry Act; add to list of offenses requiring registration.
- SB 1033 Juvenile and adult facilities; punishment for certain offenses committed within facilities, etc.
- SB 1047 Local police departments; cooperation agreements with private police departments certified by DCJS.
- SB 1049 Candidates; petition signatures, qualification to have name appear on ballot.
- SB 1068 Easements; authorizes conveyance of right-of-way between Dept. of Forestry & Ratcliffe Foundation.
- SB 1077 Registered voters; citizenship, SAVE Program.
- SB 1083 Cannabinoids, research chemicals, synthetic; penalties.
- SB 1086 University of Virginia Board of Visitors; quorum.
- SB 1089 Health insurance; program for local government employees and other political subdivisions of State.
- SB 1097 Deaf or hard-of-hearing children; special education.
- SB 1098 Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program; Expected Family Contribution.
- SB 1111 Gas severance taxes, local; validation of coal & gas severance tax & road improvement tax ordinance.
- SB 1114 Child sexual abuse cases; prior sex offenses against children admissible in evidence.
- SB 1123 Virginia Shakespeare Festival; designating as official Shakespeare festival.
- SB 1132 Claims; Bennett Barbour's estate.
- SB 1137 SCC; integration of processes and forms by June 30, 2018, into Business Permitting Center, report.
- SB 1145 Absentee ballots; confirmation of receipt.
- SB 1151 Virginia Student Achievement Fund; established.
- SB 1156 Teacher compensation; State goal that public school teacher compensation be nationally competitive.
- SB 1157 Commonwealth Teaching Fellows Program; established.
- SB 1167 Student growth indicators; Board of Education shall develop by October 1, 2014, report.
- SB 1170 Virginia Public Procurement Act; resident employment and apprenticeship participation.
- SB 1171 Public schools; reading intervention services for students in kindergarten through grade 3, etc.
- SB 1172 Standards of Quality; assignment of certain staff by local school divisions.
- SB 1185 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- SB 1186 Medical assistance services; duties of Attorney General.
- SB 1188 Career Pathways System Advisory Council; established, report.
- SB 1195 Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program; created, sunset provision.
- SB 1197 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contracts for architectural or professional engineering services.
- SB 1201 School divisions; regulations concerning Board of Education's process for submitting proposals, etc.
- SB 1205 Criminal street gang predicate offenses; penalties.
- SB 1214 Sentencing guidelines; definition of violent felony.
- SB 1221 Virginia College Savings Plan, Board of; elected positions, technical amendments.
- SB 1223 Public schools; evaluation policies and grievance procedures.
- SB 1229 Elections, State Board of; provides for Department of Elections and Commissioner of Elections.
- SB 1230 Unemployment compensation; establishes short-time compensation program, report, effective date.
- SB 1234 Juveniles; placement in secure local facility.
- SB 1242 Tuition, in-state; veterans residing within State shall be eligible for in-state charges.
- SB 1243 Health maintenance organizations; health care plans to provide coverage for newborn children.
- SB 1252 Student-athletes; policies and procedures regarding identification, etc., of suspected concussions.
- SB 1253 Smoking; localities to ban in designated public parks, etc.
- SB 1259 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- SB 1267 Contractors, Board for; licensure of tree care service providers, penalties.
- SB 1273 Prostitution, forced; vacating conviction, expungement of police and court records.
- SB 1274 Tanning facilities; age limit, parental consent.
- SB 1285 Interchangeable biosimilar biological products; permits pharmacists to dispense, etc.
- SB 1288 Criminal history record information; emergency medical services providers.
- SB 1290 Higher educational institutions; full or partial tuition waiver for dependent children of faculty.
- SB 1305 Virginia Port Authority; reform by adding Chief Executive Officer to Board of Commissioners, etc.
- SB 1314 Local boundaries for law-enforcement; organizing for purpose of 911 dispatch and response.
- SB 1316 Wetland delineator; requirements for certification.
- SB 1317 Real property; DGS authorized to convey property to Mennel Milling Company in Roanoke County.
- SB 1334 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exemption for Commonwealth's Attorneys' Services Council.
- SB 1339 Electric utility ratemaking; revises certain incentives & other provisions applicable.
- SB 1342 Higher education; mental health treatment coordination for certain students.
- SB 1345 Teacher licensure; renewal requirements by Board of Education.
- SB 1347 Southwest Virginia Health Authority; clarifies definition of hospital, etc., powers, report.
- SB 1350 Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; created, report.
- SB 1352 Protective helmets; ordinance to require every person wear when riding or being carried on bicycle.
- SB 1356 Loudoun County; governing body to appoint members of its board of equalization.
- SB 1364 Standards of Learning; Two-year waivers from third grade assessments to certain schools, report.
- SB 1365 Tax administration; monetary awards for detection of tax underpayments, development of guidelines.
- SB 1366 Electric utility regulation; schedule for biennial reviews, authority to petition.
- SB 1368 License plates, special; issuance of those bearing legend: PEACE BEGINS AT HOME.
Senate Joint Resolutions Referred ...
Bills Referred by House ...
Resolutions Presented ...