House Calendar for February 4, 2013
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1347 Workers' compensation; weather as risk of public safety officer's employment,injuries incurred.
- HB 1395 Abandoned vehicles; public auction conducted by locality shall include an Internet sale by auction.
- HB 1633 Beautification projects, local; localities to provide 30-day written notice to Commissioner of VDOT.
- HB 1718 Transportation projects and planning; reimbursement of VDOT by localities, etc.
- HB 1770 Natural gas utilities; eligible safety activity costs to be recovered as deferred costs.
- HB 1886 Vehicle tire weight limitations; prohibits over-the-road operation of certain vehicles.
- HB 2019 Public schools; policies and regulations approved by local school board.
- HB 2057 Higher educational institutions; memoranda of understanding, etc.
- HB 2082 Information Technology Advisory Council; Council to elect chairman and vice-chair from membership.
- HB 2116 Commonwealth Transportation Board, Commissioner of Highways, etc.; powers and duties, report.
- HB 2184 Hunting and fishing; authorizes Board of Game and Inland Fisheries to issue trip licenses.
- HB 2217 Pedestrians, etc; local government may adopt ordinances requiring to stop at marked crosswalks.
- HB 2243 Escort vehicle drivers; certification and regulation in State.
- HB 2291 Local correctional facilities; proceeds from commissary.
- HB 2301 Volunteer fire/EMS departments; localities may have ordinances that include billing property owners.
- HB 2311 Higher Education for Virginia, State Council of; expands purpose, increases membership, etc.
- HB 2322 Community Colleges, State Board for; Board shall develop mental health referral policies, etc.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1350 Standards of Learning; local school divisions shall provide math remediation, etc., for grades 6-8.
- HB 2228 Overweight vehicle permits; engineering analysis prior to issuance not to exceed three hours.
- HB 1420 Intervener; purposes of regulations promulgated by Board of Education.
- HB 1598 Real property tax; boards of equalization.
- HB 1672 Naloxone; administration by unlicensed individual in cases of opiate overdose.
- HB 1692 Public-Private Transportation Act; receipt of competing proposals, disclosure of business points.
- HB 1697 Real property tax; land use valuation.
- HB 1699 Personal property tax, tangible; computer equipment & peripherals used in data centers, definition.
- HB 1771 Gas severance taxes, local; validation of coal & gas severance tax & road improvement tax ordinance.
- HB 1784 Accident and sickness insurance; individual open enrollment program.
- HB 1796 Death certificate; timely return to funeral director.
- HB 1860 Personal property tax; advertising signs.
- HB 1868 First-time home buyer; savings accounts for purchase of single-family residences, tax exemption.
- HB 1872 Investments; qualification for tax credits, clarifies meaning of funding portal, guidelines.
- HB 1982 Local tax bills; permits treasurers to convey access online from database on treasurer's website.
- HB 1993 Motor vehicle rental tax; exclusions from gross rental proceeds.
- HB 2029 Speed limits; town located entirely within confines of military base may reduce to less than 25 mph.
- HB 2054 RS&UT; exemption includes property used for harvesting forest products.
- HB 2092 Tax information; disclosure.
- HB 2100 Coal severance taxes, local; establishes gross income for certain purposes. Emergency.
- HB 2167 Income tax, state; deductions for prepaid funeral, medical, and dental insurance premiums.
- HB 2193 Child abuse investigations; employees of school divisions.
- HB 2219 Cigarette taxes; certain bond or irrevocable letter of credit requirements.
- HB 2236 RS&UT; exemption for separately charged amounts for labor, etc., on property sold or rented.
- HB 2271 Post-adoption services; DSS shall utilize all federal bonus payments to support.
- HB 2279 Children; placement of nonresident child in State residential facility.
- HB 2284 Social Services, Commissioner of; submission of financial information, exemption from disclosure.
- HB 2292 Certificate of public need; clarifies when Commissioner of Health shall accept certain applications.
- HB 2315 Volunteer Rescue Squads, Va Association of; to submit an annual financial report on use of funds.
- HB 1311 Appeal of bond decision; court may stay execution of order for so long as reasonably practicable.
- HB 1327 Port of Va. Economic & Infrastructure Development Zone Grant Fund; certain businesses eligible.
- HB 1346 Presidential electors; candidate petitions, required signatures, etc.
- HB 1432 Writ of actual innocence; revises one of allegations necessary to petition.
- HB 1435 Senior judge system; to study feasibility & effect of implementing for circuit & district courts.
- HB 1448 Septic systems, failed; contracts with property owners to provide loans for repairs.
- HB 1461 Tuition, in-state; veterans residing within State shall be eligibile for in-state tuition charges.
- HB 1532 Virginia Retirement System; benefits for certain local employees.
- HB 1559 DUI; any person convicted of subsequent offense is guilty of Class 6 felony, etc.
- HB 1561 Local police departments; cooperation agreements with private police departments certified by DCJS.
- HB 1586 Arts and cultural districts, local; tax incentives.
- HB 1606 Prostitution; solicitation of a minor, penalty.
- HB 1607 Property and casualty insurance policies; electronic notices, etc.
- HB 1648 Low-income and disabled customers; discounted fees and charges for certain.
- HB 1653 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry; registration verification, etc.
- HB 1682 Mentally incapacitated persons; financial exploitation, penalty.
- HB 1684 Identity theft; victim assistance, restitution, penalties.
- HB 1695 Agricultural-customer generators, eligible; renewable energy incentives through net metering, etc.
- HB 1716 Circuit court clerks; allowed to establish and maintain their own case management systems, etc.
- HB 1720 Alcoholic beverages; person not requiring evidence of legal age guilty of Class 3 misdemeanor, etc.
- HB 1725 Absentee ballots; no individual, etc., shall mail 25 or more completed applications for voters.
- HB 1745 Children; taking indecent liberties, use of communications system to propose sex offenses.
- HB 1746 Sentencing guidelines; definition of violent felony.
- HB 1750 Students residing on military or naval reservation; participation in interscholastic programs, etc.
- HB 1751 Assault and battery; includes certain employees of DBHDS, penalty.
- HB 1760 SCC; integration of processes and forms by June 30, 2018, into Business Permitting Center, report.
- HB 1764 Virginia Voter Registration System; State Board of Elections to develop.
- HB 1765 Voters; list to State Board of all registered voters, notification to general registrar of felony.
- HB 1766 Child sexual abuse cases; admission of prior sex offenses into evidence, definition of sexual abuse.
- HB 1783 Contraband cigarettes, tax-paid; increases penalty for possession with intent to distribute.
- HB 1806 Methamphetamine; substances used to manufacture.
- HB 1809 Commonwealth Transportation Board; powers and duties.
- HB 1816 Methamphetamine manufactory; penalty for allowing minor under age 15, etc., to be present.
- HB 1820 Cigarettes; sale, purchase, possession, etc., for purpose of evading taxes, penalties.
- HB 1836 Local budgets; itemized expenditures shall include any discretionary funds to be designated, etc.
- HB 1838 Insurance agents; agent whose license has been revoked, may not be employed by agent or agency.
- HB 1845 Fraud and Abuse Whistle Blower Reward Fund; amount of reward.
- HB 1847 Criminal street gang predicate offenses; penalties.
- HB 1850 Assault and battery; adds employees of local or regional correctional facility.
- HB 1853 Planning, zoning, etc., procedures; local commission shall consult with installation commander.
- HB 1862 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry Act; add to list of offenses requiring registration.
- HB 1906 Veterans; Department of Veterans Services to develop comprehensive program to reduce unemployment.
- HB 1917 Electric utilities; renewable thermal energy.
- HB 1927 Assault and battery; adds volunteer firefighter or any emergency medical service personnel, penalty.
- HB 1941 Cannabinoids, research chemicals, synthetic; penalties. Emergency.
- HB 1955 Impersonating a law-enforcement officer or other public safety personnel; impersonating, penalty.
- HB 1964 Voluntary economic growth-sharing agreements; Port of Va. Economic and Infrastructure Develop Zone.
- HB 2005 Virginia Housing Partnership Revolving Fund; renamed Virginia Housing Trust Fund, report.
- HB 2027 Tuition, in-state; active duty member, etc. mobilized or on temporary active orders.
- HB 2038 Fort Monroe Authority; payments in lieu of real property taxes.
- HB 2065 Juvenile correctional centers; offenses committed by persons committed to DJJ, etc.
- HB 2079 VA Public Procurement Act; process for competitive sealed bidding and negotiation.
- HB 2093 Circuit court judges; increases number in Fifteenth Judicial Circuit.
- HB 2114 State Inspector General; additional powers and duties, report.
- HB 2120 Physician, licensed, etc.; may perform procedure for physical evidence recovery kit examination.
- HB 2122 Incapacitated persons; photographs, x-rays, etc., may be taken as part of medical evaluation, etc.
- HB 2147 Primaries; filings of primary candidate petitions with party chairman, etc.
- HB 2180 Electric utilities; renewable energy portfolio standard program, eligible energy.
- HB 2203 Solid waste disposal fee; Pittsylvania County may provide an exemption to certain veterans.
- HB 2211 Stalking; Class 6 felony for conviction of second offense within five years of prior conviction.
- HB 2235 Firearms; increases penalties for use, display, or discharge during commission of certain felonies.
- HB 2238 Recorded plats & final site plans; plan shall be deemed final once it has been reviewed & approved.
- HB 2239 Cash proffers; shall not be used for any capital improvement to an existing facility.
- HB 2262 Nonprofit organizations; exemptions from regulations applicable to restaurants, etc.
- HB 2265 Cash proffers; locality may waive certain written notice requirements to reduce outstanding payment.
- HB 2266 Wiretapping; authorization for monitoring by sheriff's office.
- HB 2268 Alcoholic beverage control; privileges of farm winery licensees.
- HB 2269 Mandatory minimum sentences; terms of confinement or imprisonment to be served consecutively.
- HB 2275 Condominium Act; expands respective declarant control period, warranty review committees.
- HB 2276 Virginia Port Authority; reform by adding Chief Executive Officer to Board of Commissioners, etc.
- HB 2280 Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exempts records of disaster recovery plans, etc.
- HB 2295 Intergovernmental Affairs, Office of; duties of Assistant to Governor.
- HB 2302 Electronic security sales representatives; shall possess valid registration issued by DCJS.
- HB 2310 Mountain ridge construction; locality to define height of tall buildings, etc.,for regulation.
- HB 2316 Virginia Public Procurement Act; multiple project contracts for architectural, etc., services.
- HB 2334 Solar-powered or wind-powered electricity generation facility; SCC to conduct pilot program, etc.
- HB 2338 Criminal conviction; appeals to Court of Appeals, etc.,based on erroneously admitted evidence.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
- HB 2049 Commonwealth Transportation Board; increases total membership from 17 to 21 members.
- HB 1724 Subdivision ordinance; Charlottesville may allow developer to construct sidewalk on residential lot.
- HB 1953 U.S. Route 58 Corridor Development Program; issuance of bonds.
- HB 2328 Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, Department of; list of licensed providers on website.
- HB 1808 Virginia Public School Improvement Program; established.
- HB 2230 Higher Education, Virginia Commission on; composition of Board members.
- HB 1336 Telework tax credit; creates income tax credit for certain employees.
- HB 1398 Land preservation tax credits; Budget Bill to include an appropriation for land preservation, etc.
- HB 1401 Real property tax; collection of delinquent taxes, notice to taxpayer regarding payment agreement.
- HB 1627 Real property; VDOT to convey a parcel of property owned by Department in Fauquier County, etc.
- HB 1670 Transient occupancy tax; adds Dickenson County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- HB 1767 Machinery and Equipment Donation Grant Program; established.
- HB 1785 RS & UT; revenue dedicated for public facility in Town of Wise.
- HB 1933 Lyme disease; written information to patient when ordering laboratory test for presence of disease.
- HB 1948 Tow truck drivers; definition of tow.
- HB 1984 Non-conventional vehicles; titling and registration of mopeds, etc.
- HB 1996 Nonprofit organizations; tax credits for donations to those assisting low-income families, etc.
- HB 2047 Long-term health care insurance; tax credit not allowed if person claimed fed. income tax deduction.
- HB 2152 Transportation district commissions; membership.
- HB 2298 Billboards; establishes conditions under which certain signs may be adjusted or relocated, etc.
- HB 2303 Transient occupancy tax; Arlington County may impose additional tax.
- HB 2313 Revenues and appropriations of State; changes to revenues collected and distribution, report.
- HB 2320 Sports or entertainment arena; City of Virginia Beach may construct for professional sports teams.
- HB 1337 Polling place procedures; voter identification to be current, valid, and contain photograph.
- HB 1418 Charter; City of Falls Church.
- HB 1554 Risk management plans; insurance coverage for sheriffs or deputies, limitation on liability.
- HB 1642 Parental rights; fundamental right to make decisions concerning upbringing, etc., of their child.
- HB 1667 Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain properties in Smyth County.
- HB 1733 Workers' compensation; peer review of services rendered by physicians.
- HB 1743 Independent living services; foster children committed to Department of Juvenile Justice, etc.
- HB 1752 Personal representatives; access to digital accounts.
- HB 1769 Health insurance; SCC, et al., to perform plan management functions, review of premium rates.
- HB 1900 Health insurance reform; revises State's laws.
- HB 1907 Handheld personal communications devices; mandatory minimum fine when convicted of reckless driving.
- HB 1990 License taxes; allows localities to impose on certain motor vehicles, temporary exemption.
- HB 2012 Drones; moratorium on use of unmanned aircraft systems by state or local government department, etc.
- HB 2051 Charter; Town of Front Royal.
- HB 2096 Opportunity Educational Institution; established, report.
- HB 2169 Grievance procedure, local; removes requirement.
- HB 2178 Charitable gaming; authorizes network bingo.
- HB 2241 Vacant building; adds Town of Clifton Forge to localities requiring building owner registration.
- HB 2246 Health benefit exchange; regulation of navigators, report.
- HB 2272 Motor vehicle accident; satisfaction of judgments for damages, suspensions requested by creditor.
- HB 2288 Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain properties in Wythe County.
- HB 2294 Inmates; carnal knowledge, expansion to include defendants on bond, penalty is Class 1 misdemeanor.
- HB 2300 Alcoholic beverage control; tied house exception.
- HB 2326 Regional strategic plans; preparation and adoption by planning district commission.
- HB 2331 Election laws; Attorney General shall have full authority to enforce laws or prosecute violations.
- HB 2341 Voter registration; electronic transmission of information.
House Bill with Senate Amendment ...
Resolutions - Uncontested Calendar ...
Resolutions - Regular Calendar ...
Resolutions Presented ...