House Calendar for January 29, 2013
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 2040 Noise abatement practices and technologies; VDOT's evaluation extended for two additional years.
- HB 1308 Writ of actual innocence; petition by juvenile adjudicated delinquent upon felony charge.
- HB 1387 License plates, special; issuance for supporters of Washington Nationals baseball team.
- HB 1439 Background checks; children's residential facilities regulated by Department of Juvenile Justice.
- HB 1473 Concession stands at youth athletic activities; exempt from regulations applicable to restaurants.
- HB 1475 Motorcycle titling; purchase of new motorcycles for parts.
- HB 1476 Motorcycle rider safety training centers; requires motorcycles supplied to meet certain criteria.
- HB 1483 District court; record on appeal.
- HB 1509 Failed electronic payments; civil action, unlawful detainer remedies.
- HB 1619 Secure inpatient treatment hearings; report to counsel for respondent.
- HB 1658 Circuit court clerks; revises various powers and duties for certification of records, etc.
- HB 1715 Circuit court clerks; electronic filing and records, remote access.
- HB 1791 Practitioners; suspension or revocation of license, etc., by health regulatory board.
- HB 1981 Electronic tracking devices; person who installs, etc., without consent, Class 3 misdemeanor.
- HB 2033 Provisional driver's license; restriction exceptions.
- HB 2041 Access roads and bikeways; authorizes Board to establish guidelines for use of rec. access funds.
- HB 2042 DMV; customer service.
- HB 2058 Conservators of the peace, special; State-owned museums to apply for appointment by circuit court.
- HB 2066 Standards of Quality; assignment of certain staff by local school divisions.
- HB 2068 Public schools; reading intervention services for students in kindergarten through grade 3, etc.
- HB 2077 Motor carrier and commercial drivers; amends several licensing laws, etc.
- HB 2083 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- HB 2098 School boards; releases from state regulation.
- HB 2117 Foster care; time to conduct hearings, etc.
- HB 2130 Nursing homes; implementation of voluntary electronic monitoring in residents' rooms.
- HB 2177 Counseling, Board of; qualification of members, etc.
- HB 2189 Home care organizations; proof of initial reserve operating funds.
- HB 2191 Court-appointed guardians of incapacitated persons; annual report.
- HB 2197 Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.; construction of use of old Code sections.
- HB 2215 Charles K. "Pete" Estes Memorial Bridge; designating newly replaced U.S. Route 522 bridge.
- HB 2231 Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Fund; amount of financial assistance.
- HB 2248 Money laundering; adds investigations of violations to multijurisdiction grand juries.
- HB 2249 William and Mary, The College of; management agreement between the Commonwealth.
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 2270 Social services, district board of; process for withdrawal by local governing body of county, etc.
- HB 1335 Local officers; senior judge may appoint temporary member to electoral board.
- HB 1419 Family health care structures, temporary; zoning provisions, extends time structure must be removed.
- HB 1440 Charter; Town of Monterey.
- HB 1480 Real Estate Board; authority to hear fair housing violations by real estate licensees.
- HB 1494 Sheriffs; expands authority to deputize persons to direct traffic, training required.
- HB 1521 Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act; designation of tourism activity zones, etc.
- HB 1558 Libraries; Town of Leesburg may by ordinance establish an endowment fund for supporting certain.
- HB 1563 Burial services; Cemetery Board to develop process to ensure consumers get accurate cost estimates.
- HB 1575 Child care services and facilities; regulation in certain counties and cities.
- HB 1589 Derelict nonresidential building or structure; demolition by locality.
- HB 1630 Virginia Real Estate Time-Share Act; developer control in time-share estate program, etc.
- HB 1635 Jail facilities, temporary; Chesapeake allowed certain waivers for current temporary structures.
- HB 1685 General Services, Department of; conveyance of certain real property located in City of Richmond.
- HB 1698 Charter; Town of Clintwood.
- HB 1702 Counseling, Board of; confirmation of appointments by General Assembly.
- HB 1703 Municipal deed; restrictions on certain property in Virginia Beach.
- HB 1707 Unemployment compensation; notices of penalties for fraudulent claims for benefits, etc.
- HB 1717 Comprehensive plan; transportation component shall be consistent with Statewide Transportation Plan.
- HB 1734 Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; technical amendments.
- HB 1736 Real Estate Board; protection of escrow funds by real estate licensee, rental agreement, etc.
- HB 1755 Charter; Town of Bedford.
- HB 1756 Bedford, City of, reversion; taxation of real property that becomes part of Bedford County.
- HB 1807 Condominium & Property Owners' Association Acts; disclosure of qualification for federal financing.
- HB 1813 Bedford, City of, reversion; special election for certain council members.
- HB 1861 Residential property; certain notice of sale.
- HB 1960 Board for Contractors; necessity for license, commissioning of public works of art.
- HB 1983 Loudoun County; DGS to convey by quitclaim deed, certain real property of former Town of Waterford.
- HB 2022 Voter registration list exchange; SBE shall request information to identify duplicate registrations.
- HB 2072 Condemnation; local application process.
- HB 2095 Intergovernmental Affairs, Office of; removes references to Office.
- HB 2102 Uniform Commercial Code; secured transactions, filing of documents, etc.
- HB 2121 Law-enforcement officers; grounds for decertification, DCJS authorized to waive requirements.
- HB 2158 Officers of election; officers may be assigned to work in multiple precincts on election day.
- HB 2162 Money order sales and money transmission services; provisions.
- HB 2200 Property Owners' Association Act; lot owner permitted to operate home-based business, etc.
- HB 2216 Local boundaries for law-enforcement; organizing for purpose of 911 dispatch and response.
- HB 2222 Appraisal management companies; provision of appraisal services.
- HB 2255 Voter lists; State Board of Elections to update, etc, list of persons who voted at elections, etc.
- HB 2260 Charter; Town of Coeburn.
- HB 2305 Community associations; restrictions on solar panels.
- HB 2317 Firearms; residency of armed forces members.
- HB 2318 Charter; Town of Richlands.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bill with Senate Amendment ...
Resolutions - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Bills Referred by House ...
Bills Reported and Referred By Committee ...
- HB 1461 Tuition, in-state; veterans residing within State shall be eligibile for in-state tuition charges.
- HB 1504 Commonwealth Teaching Fellows Program; established.
- HB 1559 DUI; any person convicted of subsequent offense is guilty of Class 6 felony, etc.
- HB 1606 Prostitution; solicitation of a minor, penalty.
- HB 1682 Mentally incapacitated persons; financial exploitation, penalty.
- HB 1684 Identity theft; victim assistance, restitution, penalties.
- HB 1745 Children; taking indecent liberties, use of communications system to propose sex offenses.
- HB 1746 Sentencing guidelines; definition of violent felony.
- HB 1751 Assault and battery; includes certain employees of DBHDS, penalty.
- HB 1783 Contraband cigarettes, tax-paid; increases penalty for possession with intent to distribute.
- HB 1816 Methamphetamine manufactory; penalty for allowing minor under age 15, etc., to be present.
- HB 1820 Cigarettes; sale, purchase, possession, etc., for purpose of evading taxes, penalties.
- HB 1847 Criminal street gang predicate offenses; penalties.
- HB 1862 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry Act; add to list of offenses requiring registration.
- HB 1941 Cannabinoids, research chemicals, synthetic; penalties. Emergency.
- HB 1955 Impersonating a law-enforcement officer or other public safety personnel; impersonating, penalty.
- HB 1971 STEM Summer Learning Center Fund; created.
- HB 2027 Tuition, in-state; active duty member, etc. mobilized or on temporary active orders.
- HB 2060 Juveniles; alleged to be truant, development of truancy plan.
- HB 2065 Juvenile correctional centers; offenses committed by persons committed to DJJ, etc.
- HB 2211 Stalking; Class 6 felony for conviction of second offense within five years of prior conviction.
- HB 2235 Firearms; increases penalties for use, display, or discharge during commission of certain felonies.
- HB 2269 Mandatory minimum sentences; terms of confinement or imprisonment to be served consecutively.
- HB 2287 Mental health first aid training plan; local school board complete development of by July 1, 2014.
Bill Referred By Committee ...
Resolutions Presented ...