House Calendar for January 25, 2013
House Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
House Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills on Second Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1481 Scrap metal purchasers; purchase of secondhand articles, reports, penalty.
- HB 1539 Motor vehicles; certain vehicle dealers not required to display license at wholesale auction.
- HB 1562 Dangerous and vicious dogs; when owner is charged with a violation, officer shall confine dog, etc.
- HB 1655 Motor vehicle insurance; assignment of medical expense benefits to assignor's health care provider.
- HB 1731 Self storage units; procedure for lessors to sell self storage insurance for personal property.
- HB 1757 Wetland and Stream Replacement Fund; established.
- HB 1825 Duck blinds; establishes time periods for person to obtain stationary blind license.
- HB 1829 Foxes; using GPS device to manage dogs while hunting, may also use GPS while hunting other game.
- HB 1859 Rabies; local governing body to hold clinic at least once every two years.
- HB 1994 Virginia Public Procurement Act; contract pricing arrangements.
- HB 2018 Workers' compensation; coverage for trainees at criminal justice training academies.
- HB 2023 Travel insurance; provides for sale by licensed property and casualty insurance agents, etc.
- HB 2040 Noise abatement practices and technologies; VDOT's evaluation extended for two additional years.
- HB 2044 Highway Construction Advisory Committee, Recycled Materials in; eliminates Committee.
- HB 2052 HOT lanes; allows state or local law-enforcement vehicles, etc., to enter.
- HB 2080 Evidence acceptable to DMV Commissioner of payments of taxes, etc.
- HB 2105 Junkyards; policy and definitions.
- HB 2106 Traffic regulation; conforms Title 46.2 to changes to Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- HB 2137 Local governments; environmental impact reports, prohibits purchase of certain deicing agents, etc.
- HB 2157 Financial institutions; checks required to show date account was opened.
- HB 2174 Workers' compensation; Commission may review any award of compensation, compensation benefits.
- HB 2209 Virginia Soil and Water Conservation Board; powers and duties.
- HB 2245 Virginia's Future, Council on; extends sunset provision.
- HB 2256 Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation; membership of board of trustees. Emergency.
- HB 2261 Investor-owned electric utilities; electric utility ratemaking. Emergency.
House Bills on Second Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bill with Senate Amendment ...
Resolutions - Uncontested Calendar ...
Resolutions - Regular Calendar ...
Memorial Resolutions Laid on Speaker's Table ...
Commending Resolutions Laid on Speaker's Table ...
- SJ 267 Commending Delores Darden.
- SJ 268 Commending the Brain Injury Association of Virginia.
- SJ 270 Commending Lilian Lumber Company Inc.
- SJ 285 Commending Gregory E. Lucyk.
- SJ 286 Commending the Lake Taylor High School football team.
- SJ 288 Commending Lloyd Tayloe Griffith, M.D.
- SJ 295 Commending James E. Astin, Jr.
- SJ 298 Commending the City of Virginia Beach.
- SJ 304 Commending Francena McCorory.
- SJ 305 Commending Kellie Wells.
- SJ 313 Commending Earl Hamner, Jr.
- SJ 314 Commending Dominion Resources, Inc.
- SJ 315 Commending the Bedford County Sheriff Office.
- SJ 320 Commending Samuel Welford Hopkins, Sr., Congressional Gold Medalist.
- SJ 335 Commending the Virginia Emergency Management Association.
- SJ 336 Commending Thomas E. Poore.
- SJ 337 Commending Deputy Joseph Jones.
- SJ 340 Commending Lee Randolph Harrison.
- SJ 349 Commending the Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- HJ 750 Commending the Lloyd C. Bird High School football team.
- HJ 752 Commending the Gloucester Rotary Club.
- HJ 757 Commending the Northampton County Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- HJ 759 Commending Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., on its centennial anniversary.
- HJ 760 Commending Steven Allan Spielberg.
- HJ 761 Commending Sisters Network, Inc., for its breast cancer awareness and prevention advocacy.
- HJ 764 Commending the Virginia Capitol Foundation.
- HJ 766 Commending Adele Lebowitz.
- HJ 767 Commending the March of Dimes.
- HJ 769 Commending William B. Holtzman.
- HR 136 Commending Carley Shannon.
- HR 137 Commending Tara Zimak.
- HR 138 Commending Kurtis Steck.
- HR 139 Commending the Herndon High School co-ed cheer team.
House Bills on First Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- HB 1308 Writ of actual innocence; petition by juvenile adjudicated delinquent upon felony charge.
- HB 1387 License plates, special; issuance for supporters of Washington Nationals baseball team.
- HB 1432 Writ of actual innocence; revises one of allegations necessary to petition.
- HB 1439 Background checks; children's residential facilities regulated by Department of Juvenile Justice.
- HB 1473 Concession stands at youth athletic activities; exempt from regulations applicable to restaurants.
- HB 1475 Motorcycle titling; purchase of new motorcycles for parts.
- HB 1476 Motorcycle rider safety training centers; requires motorcycles supplied to meet certain criteria.
- HB 1483 District court; record on appeal.
- HB 1509 Failed electronic payments; civil action, unlawful detainer remedies.
- HB 1619 Secure inpatient treatment hearings; report to counsel for respondent.
- HB 1658 Circuit court clerks; revises various powers and duties for certification of records, etc.
- HB 1715 Circuit court clerks; electronic filing and records, remote access.
- HB 1791 Practitioners; suspension or revocation of license, etc., by health regulatory board.
- HB 1856 Emergency medical services; Board of Health to develop policies related to statewide providers.
- HB 1981 Electronic tracking devices; person who installs, etc., without consent, Class 3 misdemeanor.
- HB 1985 Vehicle weight limits and overweight permits; technical changes.
- HB 2033 Provisional driver's license; restriction exceptions.
- HB 2041 Access roads and bikeways; authorizes Board to establish guidelines for use of rec. access funds.
- HB 2042 DMV; customer service.
- HB 2055 Notaries; qualifications include being a legal resident of U.S., technical amendments.
- HB 2058 Conservators of the peace, special; State-owned museums to apply for appointment by circuit court.
- HB 2066 Standards of Quality; assignment of certain staff by local school divisions.
- HB 2068 Public schools; reading intervention services for students in kindergarten through grade 3, etc.
- HB 2077 Motor carrier and commercial drivers; amends several licensing laws, etc.
- HB 2083 Strategic Compensation Grant Initiative and Fund; established.
- HB 2098 School boards; releases from state regulation.
- HB 2117 Foster care; time to conduct hearings, etc.
- HB 2130 Nursing homes; implementation of voluntary electronic monitoring in residents' rooms.
- HB 2177 Counseling, Board of; qualification of members, etc.
- HB 2189 Home care organizations; proof of initial reserve operating funds.
- HB 2191 Court-appointed guardians of incapacitated persons; annual report.
- HB 2197 Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.; construction of use of old Code sections.
- HB 2215 Charles K. "Pete" Estes Memorial Bridge; designating newly replaced U.S. Route 522 bridge.
- HB 2231 Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Fund; amount of financial assistance.
- HB 2248 Money laundering; adds investigations of violations to multijurisdiction grand juries.
- HB 2249 William and Mary, The College of; management agreement between the Commonwealth.
- HB 2270 Social services, district board of; process for withdrawal by local governing body of county, etc.
House Bills on First Reading - Regular Calendar ...
Senate Bills on First Reading and Referred ...
- SB 698 Peanuts; extends excise tax on those grown in and sold in Virginia.
- SB 703 Concealed handgun permit fees; provides an exemption for certain retired correctional officers.
- SB 707 Health care providers; submitting health insurance claims.
- SB 718 Child support; imputation of income, custodial parent attendance in educational, etc., program.
- SB 720 Transient occupancy tax; adds Grayson County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- SB 724 Absentee voting; persons age 65 and older on day of an election are entitled to vote absentee.
- SB 736 Motor vehicle doors; requires drivers and passengers to wait for reasonable opportunity to open.
- SB 753 Magistrates; supervision by Executive Secretary of the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- SB 754 Higher educational institutions; modifications to prior revenue bond bills, emergency.
- SB 756 Perpetuities waiver; exclusions from statutory rule, nondonative transfers.
- SB 757 No-contest clauses; limitations on penalty clause.
- SB 758 Uniform Trust Code; interested trustees subject to ascertainable standard.
- SB 759 Guardianship and conservatorship; makes various changes to laws.
- SB 766 Retail Sales and Use Tax; exemption includes hurricane preparedness equipment.
- SB 768 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Implementation Plan; directs state agencies to remove Lynnhaven River.
- SB 769 Credit unions; limit on authorized investments in certain property, retained earnings.
- SB 770 Driver improvement clinics; increases fee that clinics may charge for courses.
- SB 772 Virginia Real Estate Time-Share Act; developer control in time-share estate program, etc.
- SB 775 Unemployment compensation; noncharging of overpayments, penalty for fraudulent claims.
- SB 776 Virginia New Hire Reporting Center; employer to submit information concerning newly hired employee.
- SB 777 Insurance; notice of lapse in coverage for certain life and accident and sickness policies.
- SB 778 State Corporation Commission; pro bono legal services.
- SB 779 Limited liability companies; assignment of interest.
- SB 794 Disabled parking placards; physicians may issue to patients.
- SB 798 Service districts; any locality may amend boundaries of an established district, etc.
- SB 804 Voluntary boundary agreement between localities; attachment of GIS map to petitions.
- SB 807 Drugs; administration by a person to a child in private school.
- SB 828 Dangerous and vicious dogs; when owner is charged with a violation, officer shall confine dog, etc.
- SB 829 Veterans; Department of Veterans Services to develop comprehensive program to reduce unemployment.
- SB 833 Voluntary economic growth-sharing agreements; Port of Va. Economic and Infrastructure Develop Zone.
- SB 837 License plates, special; issuance for supporters of Washington Nationals baseball team.
- SB 839 Local boundaries for law-enforcement; organizing for purpose of 911 dispatch and response.
- SB 849 Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain properties.
- SB 851 Transient occupancy tax; reinstates authority of Arlington County to impose additional tax, etc.
- SB 871 Asbestos, Lead, and Home Inspectors, VA Board for; notice to asbestos workers, disciplinary action.
- SB 875 Provisional driver's license holders; changes from secondary offense to primary use of cell phones.
- SB 879 Employee Misclassification Task Force; created, report.
- SB 882 City reversion; library aid.
- SB 885 Inoperable motor vehicles; adds Albemarle County to those localities that may prohibit from keeping.
- SB 886 Affordable housing; substitutes south urban region for Charlottesville MSA.
- SB 887 Farm use vehicles; increases distance vehicles used for may travel.
- SB 888 Advertising; payment of penalties & costs associated with enforcement of prohibition on certain.
- SB 890 Libraries; Town of Leesburg may by ordinance establish an endowment fund for purpose of supporting.
- SB 892 Commercial fishermen; not required to obtain registration certificate, etc., for certain vehicles.
- SB 893 Public schools; possession & administration of epinephrine by employees of local governing bodies.
- SB 894 Uniform Statewide Building Code; who may be cited for violations.
- SB 897 Spotsylvania Confederate Cemetery; increases number of Confederate graves maintained.
- SB 902 Virginia Public Procurement Act; alternative forms of security, acceptance of cashier's check.
- SB 904 Motorcycle titling; purchase of new motorcycles for parts.
- SB 905 Credit unions, federal; those operating within State to comply with Virginia Small Estate Act.
- SB 909 State park master planning; Department of Conservation & Recreation shall solicit comments, etc.
- SB 912 William and Mary, College of; management agreement between State.
- SB 918 Coal severance taxes, local; establishes gross income for certain purposes. Emergency.
- SB 921 Health insurance reform; revises State's laws.
- SB 923 Open Education Curriculum Board; repeals Board.
- SB 930 Charitable gaming; authorizes network bingo.
- SB 931 Dead bodies; notification for disposition to next of kin to claim body within 30 days of notice.
- SB 933 Movable Soccer Goal Safety Act; created, report.
- SB 936 Teaching positions; notice to principals, assistant principals, or supervisors of reassignment.
- SB 946 Public beaches; sand dredging and beach replenishment.
- SB 948 State Police, Department of; accident reports may be retained in hard copy or electronic form.
- SB 953 Aging and Rehabilitative Services, Department for; service for individuals with Alzheimer's disease.
- SB 959 Pedestrians, etc; local government may adopt ordinances requiring to stop at marked crosswalks.
- SB 978 License plates, special; issuance to supporters of Eastern Shore business community.
- SB 980 Transient occupancy tax; adds Dickenson County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- SB 982 Medical reports or records; method for introducing into evidence in general district court.
- SB 983 Expert witnesses; literature designations.
- SB 987 Virginia War Memorial Shrine of Memory; memorialization of fallen Virginians by inclusion of names.
- SB 991 Veterans; identification card, discount on state-operated attractions.
- SB 994 Mortgage loan originators; conforms Virginia statutory law to federal regulations.
- SB 997 Incapacitated persons; photographs, x-rays, etc., may be taken as part of medical evaluation, etc.
- SB 1014 Coal; repeals an obsolete chapter that regulates surface mining.
- SB 1016 Protective orders; exempt from stay pending appeal.
- SB 1021 Cigarette and other tobacco products taxes; electronic transactions.
- SB 1024 Administrative Process Act; exemption for Department of Criminal Justice Services.
- SB 1026 Law-enforcement officers; grounds for decertification, DCJS authorized to waive requirements.
- SB 1028 Child support; confidentiality of guidelines worksheets in mediated agreements.
- SB 1034 Banks; derivative transactions.
- SB 1035 Unemployment compensation; collection of overpayments.
- SB 1041 Bedford, City of, reversion; taxation of real property in Town of Bedford and City of Bedford.
- SB 1042 Bedford,City of, reversion; special election for certain council members, census to be completed.
- SB 1043 Administrative Process Act; emergency regulations.
- SB 1045 Criminal justice training academies; sovereign immunity of trainers certified by DCJS, etc.
- SB 1046 Divorce cases; conduct an ore tenus hearing.
- SB 1048 Conservators of the peace, special; any State museum to apply for appointment by circuit court.
- SB 1050 Public utility company vehicles; extension of loads beyond front of vehicles.
- SB 1051 Motor vehicle dealers; imposition of financial penalties, warranty and sales incentive obligations.
- SB 1052 Wills, trusts, and fiduciaries; revises and recodifies laws. Emergency.
- SB 1053 Boating safety education; exempts certain U.S. Navy surface warfare officers, etc.
- SB 1054 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Implementation Plan; added to list to receive contributions of refunds.
- SB 1055 Medical waste; repeals certain provisions regarding disposal of.
- SB 1056 Military Affairs, Department of; providing of flag to next of kin.
- SB 1059 Dental and optometric services plans; applicability of certain provisions.
- SB 1070 Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain properties in Town of Glade Spring.
- SB 1076 Parental rights; procedure for restoring to parent whose rights to his child have been terminated.
- SB 1093 Uniform Real Property Transfer on Death Act; creation of a transfer on death deed.
- SB 1102 Emissions inspection; minimum miles per gallon rating required to be exempt from testing.
- SB 1105 Biennial appropriations; changing to start in odd-numbered year.
- SB 1106 Fishing licenses; MRC may revoke privileges to fish within State's tidal waters, etc.
- SB 1108 Potomac River Compact; changes penalty for illegal fishing in Potomac River jurisdiction of court.
- SB 1131 Charter schools, public; applications.
- SB 1133 Personal property tax, tangible; computer equipment & peripherals used in data centers, definition.
- SB 1144 Personal property; fraudulent conversion or removal of leased property.
- SB 1158 Standards of Learning; regulations authorizing school divisions to determine date for administering.
- SB 1159 Virginia State Bar; granting certificate of admission to law professors.
- SB 1165 Driver's licenses, provisional; person under age 18 certain restrictions.
- SB 1180 TANF; restrictions on use of cash assistance, not to access cash through electronic transaction.
- SB 1187 Juvenile Justice, Board of; increases membership.
- SB 1189 School boards; releases from state regulation.
- SB 1194 Juveniles; alleged to be truant, development of truancy plan.
- SB 1196 School choice; Board of Education to include information regarding parent and student choice.
- SB 1200 Traffic regulation; conforms Title 46.2 to changes to Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- SB 1204 HOT lanes; allows state or local law-enforcement vehicles, etc., to enter.
- SB 1208 Department of Corrections; electronic notice.
- SB 1212 Environmental Quality, Department of; provision of information, protection of trade secrets.
- SB 1213 Saltwater recreational fishing; allows State residents 65 and older to purchase lifetime license.
- SB 1216 Insurance premiums license tax; technical corrections for administration.
- SB 1218 DMV; customer service.
- SB 1219 Motor carrier and commercial drivers; amends several licensing laws.
- SB 1220 Virginia College Savings Plan; deposit of income tax refunds.
- SB 1235 Alcoholic beverage control; operation of government stores.
- SB 1241 Tax code, Commonwealth's; advances conformity with Internal Revenue Code.
- SB 1262 Admissions tax; adds Stafford County to list of counties authorized to impose on certain admissions.
- SB 1291 Menhaden fish; allowable catch for those landed in State, etc., report. Emergency.
Bills Reported and Referred By Committee ...
Bills Referred By Committee ...
Resolutions Presented ...