Senator Mark D. Obenshain
(R) - Senate District 26
|In-session address: ||Mailing address: |
General Assembly Building, Room 429 |
Richmond, Virginia 23219
|P.O. Box 555
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22803
Legislation as Chief Patron:
(registered users: create
- SB 55 Voter identification requirements; revises list of items a voter may show to prove identification.
- SB 56 Elections; party identification on ballots in local elections.
- SB 57 Absentee voting; applications shall be processed 5 days after person registers to vote, exceptions.
- SB 58 Criminal law; redefinition of triggerman rule, penalty.
- SB 59 Injunctions; requirement for bond.
- SB 60 Divorce; failure to respond by defendant.
- SB 158 Admission to bail; notice to State attorney.
- SB 159 Drug trafficking; 3 years shall be mandatory minimum term of imprisonment for subsequent offense.
- SB 240 Constitutional amendment; taking or damaging of private property for public use (voter referendum).
- SB 241 Tax credits; businesses providing assistance to low-income families, etc., in private schools.
- SB 242 Public procurement; state agency agreements with labor organizations.
- SB 243 Charter schools, public; allowed to choose whether its employees will participate in VRS, etc.
- SB 244 Primary elections; adds party affiliation to information an applicant to provide when registering.
- SB 245 Emergency Services and Disaster Law; constitutional rights of citizens to keep & bear arms.
- SB 246 Winter Sports Safety Act; limits liability of ski resorts and other winter sports area operators.
- SB 247 Child support; DCE to withhold payments from prisoners who maintain job within Department.
- SB 248 Employers of domestic service individuals; reporting and paying unemployment insurance taxes.
- SB 249 Marriage ceremonies; performance by a minister commissioned to pastoral ministry.
- SB 250 Small, women-owned, and minority-owned businesses; enhancement or remedial measures.
- SB 251 Circuit court clerks; fees charged and collected.
- SB 436 Sex crimes; penalties.
- SB 437 Eminent domain; definitions of lost access and lost profits, determining compensation.
- SB 438 Public schools; teacher contract and evaluation policies.
- SB 439 Medical Fraud Control Unit; Attorney General to appoint investigators.
- SB 440 Charter schools, public; funding and service contracts.
- SB 441 Line of Duty Act; expeditious payment for burial expense for person whose death is in line of duty.
- SB 442 Onsite sewage systems; design and inspection.
- SB 541 Auxiliary police forces; Department of Criminal Justice Services to establish training requirements.
- SB 561 Garnishment, previous; allows costs incurred by judgment creditor are chargeable to judgment debtor.
- SB 574 Forfeited drug assets; redirection of assets to construction of Public Safety Memorial.
- SB 636 Senate Districts; technical adjustments in boundaries.
- SB 637 Virginia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act; created, penalty.
- SJ 2 Constitutional amendment; Transportation Funds (first reference).
- SJ 3 Constitutional amendment; taking or damaging of private property for public use (second reference).
- SJ 17 Constitutional amendment; Board of Education authorized to establish charter schools.
- SJ 97 Governor; confirming appointments.
- SJ 98 Governor; confirming appointments.
- SJ 99 Governor; confirming appointments.
- SJ 125 Governor; confirming appointments.
- SJ 129 Breast Cancer Awareness Day; designating as February 14, 2012.
- SJ 201 Governor; confirming appointments.
- SJ 207 Celebrating the life of Andrea Lynch Lohr.
- SJ 208 Celebrating the life of Cassandra Olson Scholte.
- SJ 209 Commending the Town of Luray.
- SJ 218 Celebrating the life of John Boyd Noftsinger, Jr., Ed.D.
- SJ 219 Commending the Page County High School baseball team.
- SJ 220 Celebrating the life of Donald Douglas Litten.
- SJ 221 Commending the Sunnyside Presbyterian Retirement Home.
- SJ 222 Commending the East Rockingham High School girls tennis team.