Howell, W.J. (Chairman),
Tuesday, 4:00 p.m., 6th Floor Speaker's
Referred to committee:
(registered users: create
- HB 79 Disability Commission; establishing work groups to assist in carrying out powers and duties, etc.
- HB 94 School boards, local; meeting procedures.
- HB 146 Virginia's Tax Preferences, Commission to Review the Effectiveness of; established, report.
- HB 264 Interstate Health Care Compact; established.
- HB 349 Virginia Bicentennial of American War of 1812 Commission; extends time Commission may be funded.
- HB 390 General Assembly; creation of new regulatory program, etc.
- HB 527 Virginia Slave Commission; established, report.
- HB 612 Virginia Code Commission; public comment on revision, repeal, and recodification of Code sections.
- HB 666 General Assembly Conflicts of Interests Act; disclosure requirements.
- HB 691 General Assembly Conflicts of Interests Act; disclosure requirements of certain large gifts.
- HB 739 Virginia College Savings Plan; JLARC to oversee and evaluate, report.
- HB 776 Federal Oversight, Commission on; created, report.
- HB 777 Evaluate Tax Preferences, Joint Subcommittee to; established, report.
- HB 810 Transportation Accountability, Joint Commission on; admin. staff support by House Clerk's Office.
- HB 820 National Guard; eligibility for service.
- HB 833 At Home in Virginia; designating as official state song.
- HB 936 Senate and House Committees on Standards of Conduct; requires each house to establish.
- HB 1034 Interstate agreements, certain; State withdrawal from Southern Growth Policies Agreement.
- HB 1162 Human embryos; research prohibited, penalty.
- HB 1229 Persons with disabilities; SHHR to convene work group to develop plan to address needs.
- HB 1260 General Assembly Conflicts of Interests Act; disclosure requirements of gifts of travel.
- HB 1274 Nursing facility transfer & discharge procedures; workgroup to clarify requirements and guidelines.
- HJ 2 Taxation of local government property physically located in a different locality; JLARC to study.
- HJ 4 License tax business classifications and tax rates, local; Department of Taxation to study.
- HJ 12 Banks; joint subcommittee to study whether to establish a bank to be operated by State.
- HJ 13 Ignition interlock; State Crime Commission to study installation for DUI first offender, etc.
- HJ 18 Community-based mental health services; individuals transitioning from state hospitals, report.
- HJ 19 Organ, eye, and tissue donation; options for establishing opt-out program in State, report.
- HJ 23 Employment First initiative; Secretary of Health and Human Resources to develop in State, report.
- HJ 27 Mandatory renewable energy portfolio standard program; Commission to study establishment for State.
- HJ 49 Governor's Executive Reorganization Plan; approval by each house of General Assembly.
- HJ 50 Flooding; Institute of Marine Science to study strategies to prevent in Tidewater localities.
- HJ 51 Health care provider; option for accepting military training, etc., as requirements for licensure.
- HJ 52 Tax structure, State's; joint subcommittee to study reforming.
- HJ 62 Methamphetamine precursors; Virginia State Crime Commission to study regulation of sale.
- HJ 63 Composite Index Local Ability to Pay; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study.
- HJ 64 Virginia General Assembly; recognizing African American members elected during Reconstruction.
- HJ 65 Sesquicentennial of Emancipation Proclamation; recognizing African American members.
- HJ 66 Public schools; JLARC to study suspension and expulsion practices, etc.
- HJ 84 Medical doctors; joint subcommittee to study current and impending severe shortage in State.
- HJ 85 Income tax credits, partnerships, etc.; House & Senate to study multiplier effects of various types.
- HJ 87 Prostate cancer prevention; Health Commissioner to promote screening as an effective tool, report.
- HJ 88 Food deserts; SHHR to explore strategies to eliminate to make healthy food affordable, report.
- HJ 89 Public schools; JLARC to study suspension and expulsion practices, etc.
- HJ 91 National Women's History Museum; Congress to support establishing in Washington, D.C.
- HJ 92 Value-added tax; memorializing members of Va. Delegation of Congress of United States to oppose.
- HJ 93 Local Government Education Week; designating as first week in April 2012, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 94 School prayer and prayer in public meetings, public voluntary; urges Congress to propose amendment.
- HJ 95 Baccalaureate degrees, selected; feasibility for community colleges to offer, report.
- HJ 97 Regional higher education centers; SCHEV to study management and structure.
- HJ 98 First Lady Edith Bolling Wilson Day; designating as October 15, 2012, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 101 Public policy issues; meetings with U.S. Senate members of Va. Congressional Delegation & State.
- HJ 104 American hall of fame and museum; Dept. of Historic Resources to study feasibility of constructing.
- HJ 105 Virginia Cider Week; designating full week before Thanksgiving 2012, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 106 National Women's History Museum; supports creation thereof on National Mall in Washington, D.C.
- HJ 107 Hold Out for Hunger Day; designating as April 14, 2012, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 108 Higher educational institutions; JLARC to study cost efficiency and opportunities to reduce cost.
- HJ 109 United States Constitution; urges Congress to propose an amendment to impose a balance budget.
- HJ 110 School divisions; JLARC to study efficiency of regionalizing and consolidating personnel, etc.
- HJ 111 Court of Appeals of Virginia; Judicial Council of Virginia to study jurisdictional capacity.
- HJ 113 ICPRB; joint subcommittee to study State's withdrawal & effects upon source of drinking water, etc.
- HJ 114 State renewable energy utility; joint subcommittee to study feasibility of establishing.
- HJ 117 Unfunded mandates; General Assembly to recognize difficulties caused upon State localities.
- HJ 118 Alternate medium of commerce or currency; joint subcommittee to study whether State should adopt.
- HJ 119 Medicaid; joint subcommittee to study reducing costs by increasing efficiencies and reducing fraud.
- HJ 120 Mesothelioma Awareness Day; designating as September 26, 2012, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 121 Horse Month; designating as month of May 2012, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 123 School attendance; Board of Education to study causes of chronic school absenteeism, etc.
- HJ 126 Solitary confinement; JLARC to study uses including segregation, isolation, etc., by DOC.
- HJ 127 Nonviolent felony offenders; VSCC to determine best use of resources for helping those released.
- HJ 128 Shaken Baby Syndrome Awareness Week; designating third week in April 2013, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 130 United States Constitution; urging Congress to honor state sovereignty under Tenth Amendment.
- HJ 131 Route 28; VDOT to study feasibility of extending across Potomac River into Maryland, etc.
- HJ 132 Homeland security and emergency management; JLARC to study planning & preparedness efforts in State.
- HJ 133 Child protective services; JLARC to study operation and performance of State's system.
- HJ 134 Bi-County Parkway and Tri-County Parkway; JLARC to study economic impact of proposed projects.
- HJ 136 Virginia Retirement System; JLARC to study system for determining eligibility for disability claims.
- HJ 137 Land-disturbing activities; Secretary of Natural Resources to study modification of requirements.
- HJ 139 Marijuana; Governor requested to petition DEA for rescheduling from Schedule I to Schedule II.
- HJ 140 Marijuana; revenue impact to State on legalizing sale and use, selling through ABC stores, report.
- HJ 141 Unfunded federal mandates; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study.
- HJ 142 Asian Lunar New Year Day; designates day designated as new year on Asian lunar calendar 2012.
- HJ 143 Spay Day; designating February 28, 2012, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 144 Small Business Day; designating as September 21, 2012, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 145 Preeclampsia Month; designating as May 2012, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ 147 Expedited partner therapy; Joint Commission on Health Care to study options for implementing.
- HJ 148 Turkey, Government of; General Assembly to encourage to grant certain right to Ecumenical Patriarch.
- HJ 171 Medicaid; joint subcommittee to study reducing costs using telemedicine.
- HJ 172 Horse racing industry; joint subcommittee to study.
- HJ 173 Eastern Virginia Medical School; SCHEV to study merging with Old Dominion University.
- HJ 185 Highway and monorail transportation, combined; Congress to support funding for hybrid systems, etc.
- HJ 216 X & Y Chromosomal Variation Awareness Month; designating as May 2012, and each succeeding year.
- HJ 226 Chincoteague, Town of; U.S. Department of Interior urged to oppose federal purchase of land.
- HJ 227 National energy policy; urging President of U.S. and Congress of U.S. to adopt.
- HJ 228 U.S. Constitution; Congress of U.S. to report to states on all pending applications.
- HJ 229 Defined contribution pension; Va. Congressional Delegation urged to oppose for U.S. Armed Forces.
- HJ 230 Wilson, Edith Bolling; General Assembly to recognize Birthplace and Childhood Home in Wythe County.
- HJ 243 Wetlands; DEQ to study benefits and costs of seeking authority from USEPA to administer program.
- HJ 390 National Guard Day; designating as third Monday in January 2013, & each succeeding year thereafter.
- HR 4 House of Delegates; recording of standing committee and subcommittee meetings.
- HR 10 Federal immigration training and enforcement authority; supporting Governor's § 287(g) request.
- HR 35 Encourage the Government of Turkey to grant certain rights to the Ecumenical Patriarch.
- SB 185 SOL assessments; Board of Education to require only math and English for third graders.
- SB 395 Woodrow Wilson's Presidency, Virginia Commission on the Centennial of; extends date for funding.
- SB 599 Virginia College Savings Plan; JLARC to oversee and evaluate, report.
- SB 611 Prefiled legislation; electronic signature may be used.
- SJ 13 Sesquicentennial of Emancipation Proclamation; recognizing African American members.
- SJ 16 Unemployment Compensation Act; Commission on Unemployment Compensation to study federal Act.
- SJ 21 Cigarette trafficking, illegal; Virginia State Crime Commission to study practice thereof.
- SJ 49 Retirement Communities, Continuing Care; Virginia Housing Commission to study.
- SJ 50 Dental disease, untreated; Joint Commission on Health Care to study fiscal impact to State.
- SJ 58 Shaken Baby Syndrome Awareness Week.
- SJ 64 Offender classification; Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to study.
- SJ 76 Flooding; Institute of Marine Science to study strategies to prevent recurrent flooding.
- SJ 92 Medicaid; JLARC to study payment policies for hospitals, nursing home, etc., on access to services.
- SJ 93 Solitary confinement; JLARC to study uses including segregation, isolation, etc., by DOC.
- SJ 127 Employment First practices; SHHR, et al., to adopt, etc., in providing service to certain persons.
- SJ 129 Breast Cancer Awareness Day; designating as February 14, 2012.