House Calendar for February 24, 2011
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Uncontested Calendar ...
- SB 750 Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act; established.
- SB 756 Unexecuted warrants; clarifies that can be destroyed if dismissed, exceptions.
- SB 762 Emergency vehicles; proceeding past red lights.
- SB 769 Reckless driving; failing to stop at a school bus.
- SB 770 Underage drinking and driving; punishable as Class 1 misdemeanor.
- SB 771 Remedies; increases cap on recovery in certain medical malpractice actions.
- SB 774 Jurisdictional limits of courts; increases maximum civil limit of general district courts
- SB 782 Magistrates; power to issue felony arrest warrants.
- SB 809 Attorney liability to client; removes language from statute authorizing malpractice actions, etc.
- SB 839 Homestead exemptions; adds one firearm, not to exceed $3,000 value, to list of exemptions.
- SB 841 Immunity of officers, etc., of nonprofit organizations; termination, etc., of corporation.
- SB 902 Judicial Retirement System; retired judges or justices appearing as counsel.
- SB 903 Violent felony; possession of firearm on school property prohibited, penalty.
- SB 910 Military parents; delegation of visitation rights.
- SB 925 Global Positioning System (GPS); tracking for person on bond or as a condition of probation.
- SB 927 Sex offender registry; affidavits.
- SB 931 Transfer fee covenants; shall not run with title to real property & not enforceable against owner.
- SB 944 Driver training standards; establish for law-enforcement pursuits and for emergency calls.
- SB 946 School buses; installation of video-monitoring systems thereon by school divisions.
- SB 956 Criminal history record information; Department of Rehabilitative Services to obtain for employment.
- SB 1032 Revenue Stabilization Fund; Auditor of Public Accounts to calculate maximum size of Fund.
- SB 1063 Veterans and military servicemembers; specialty treatment procedures.
- SB 1067 Unauthorized practice of law; increases statute of limitations on prosecutions.
- SB 1072 Inter vivos QTIP trusts; if established by donor spouse not to be included in estate.
- SB 1103 Forensic Science, Department of; powers and duties.
- SB 1141 Child abduction; money, property, etc., owned by person are subject to lawful seizure, etc.
- SB 1145 Sexual abuse; limitations period.
- SB 1156 General registrar, electoral board, and their employees; exemption from jury service.
- SB 1162 Warrantless arrest; special agents authority to arrest person committing crime in his presence.
- SB 1163 Criminal Justice Services Board and Department of Criminal Justice Services; powers and duties.
- SB 1166 Juvenile Justice, Department of; confidentiality of records.
- SB 1168 Juvenile; may be detained in secure facility for violation if fail to adhere to conditions of court.
- SB 1182 Bar Examiners, Board of; expands methods of submitting an application to take bar exam.
- SB 1184 Certificates of analysis; adds Forensic Document Laboratory as authorized lab in criminal matters.
- SB 1197 DNA data bank; modifies entities to which Department of Forensic Science may release information.
- SB 1198 Communications intercepts; broadens court jurisdiction of order sought by Attorney General.
- SB 1209 Personal jurisdiction or defective process; waiver of objection.
- SB 1260 Child pornography; possession by law-enforcement agency.
- SB 1262 Va. Fraud Against Taxpayers Act; designee of Attorney General may issue civil investigative demands.
- SB 1274 Court records; secure remote access restrictions do not apply to secure access by attorneys, etc.
- SB 1309 Virginia Resources Authority; modifies provisions to conform to Public Finance Act.
- SB 1318 Sex offenders; prohibiting entry onto school grounds during school-related activities.
- SB 1327 Common interest communities; court may enter default judgment against unit owner on sworn affidavit.
- SB 1369 Clerks; may provide official certificates and certified records in digital form, etc.
- SB 1423 Wills & trusts; formula clauses referring to federal estate & generation-skipping transfer tax laws.
- SB 1426 Child pornography; restitution for victims.
- SB 1436 Eminent domain; condemnor is required to provide an appraisal to owner of condemned property.
- SB 1437 Motor vehicle dealers, etc.; burden of proof of evidence in hearings before DMV Commissioner.
- SB 1453 Human trafficking; DCJS, etc., regarding identification, etc., of offenses using existing statutes.
- SB 1458 Claims; Richard Hitt and Charles P. Jarrett.
- SB 1469 Medical malpractice; privileged communications of certain committees.
Senate Bills on Third Reading - Regular Calendar ...
House Bills with Senate Amendments ...
House Joint Resolution with Senate Amendment ...
Resolution - Uncontested Calendar ...
Memorial Resolutions Laid on Speaker's Table ...
Commending Resolutions Laid on Speaker's Table ...
House Bills in Conference ...
Senate Bills in Conference ...
Unfinished Business - House ...
- HB 1434 Cannabinoids, synthetic; penalties for transport, possession, sale, or distribution, etc.
- HB 1452 Transient occupancy tax; adds Counties of Madison, etc., to list of localities that may impose.
- HB 1691 Veterans and military servicemembers; specialty treatment procedures.
- HB 1911 School buses; installation of video-monitoring systems thereon by school divisions.
- HB 1960 Tuition Assistance Grant Program; amends criteria to be eligible to receive tuition assistance.
- HB 2063 Protective orders; expands class of persons eligible to obtain.
- HB 2106 Global Positioning System (GPS); tracking for person on bond or as a condition of probation.
- HB 2155 Warrants; authorizes local governments to regularly publish information relating thereto.
- HB 2157 Foreign adoptions; eliminates requirement for re-adoption in State.
- HB 2201 Payroll Services Bureau; DPB to require participation of executive branch state agencies.
- HB 2213 Driver training standards; establish for law-enforcement emergency calls and pursuits.
- HB 2303 Health Care, Joint Commission on; extends sunset provision.
- HB 2324 Virginia Research and Technology Investment Program; created, report.
- HB 2462 Juveniles; filing of petition not necessary for certain misdemeanor offenses.
- HB 2496 Capital outlay plan; sets forth 6-year plan for project funded entirely from general fund resources.
- HB 2520 Advisory boards, councils, and other advisory collegial bodies, certain; elimination.
- HB 2527 Va. Transportation Infrastructure Fund and Va. Transportation Infrastructure Bank; created, report.
- HJ 719 Patient Safety Day; recognizing as February 2, 2011.
Unfinished Business - Senate ...
Resolution Reported - Regular Calendar ...
Resolutions Presented ...