3VAC5-50-30. Restricted hours; exceptions.
A. The hours during which licensees shall not sell or permit to be consumed upon their licensed premises any wine, beer or mixed beverages shall be as follows:
1. In localities where the sale of mixed beverages has been authorized:
a. For on-premises sale and consumption: 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
b. For off-premises sale: 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
2. In all other localities: 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. for on-premises sales and consumption and off-premises sales, except that on New Year's Eve the licensees shall have an additional hour in which to exercise the on-premises privileges of their licenses.
B. Exceptions to restricted hours are:
1. Club licensees: No restrictions at any time;
2. Individual licensees whose hours have been more stringently restricted by the board shall comply with such requirements; and
3. Licensees in the City of Danville are prohibited from selling wine and beer for off-premises consumption between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
Derived from VR125-01-5 § 3, eff. December 12, 1985; amended, Virginia Register Volume 4, Issue 6, January 21, 1988; Volume 5, Issue 2, eff. November 24, 1988; Volume 7, Issue 4, eff. December 19, 1990; Volume 8, Issue 6, eff. January 15, 1992; Volume 9, Issue 6, eff. January 13, 1993; Volume 10, Issue 11, eff. March 23, 1994.