3VAC5-20-30. Advertising; exterior.
Outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising shall comply with 3VAC5-20-10 and shall be limited as follows:
1. No outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising shall depict persons consuming alcoholic beverages, use cartoon characters in any way, or use persons who have not attained the minimum drinking age as models or actors.
2. No outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising shall be placed in violation of § 4.1-112.2 of the Code of Virginia.
3. No outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising shall be placed on property zoned exclusively for agricultural or residential uses, or on unzoned property.
4. All outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising must also comply with the provisions of Chapter 7 (§ 33.1-351 et seq.) of Title 33.1 of the Code of Virginia and the regulations of the Virginia Department of Transportation promulgated pursuant thereto.
5. No alcoholic beverage manufacturer, importer, or wholesale licensee may sell, rent, lend, buy for, or give to any retail licensee any outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising, any billboard placements for such advertising, or in any other way confer on any retail licensee anything of value that constitutes outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising.
6. No alcoholic beverage manufacturer, importer, or wholesale licensee may engage in cooperative advertising, as defined in 3VAC5-30-80, on behalf of any retail licensee.
7. No alcoholic beverage manufacturer or importer may require a wholesale licensee to place outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising or exercise control over the funds of a wholesale licensee for any purpose, including but not limited to the purchase of outdoor alcoholic beverage advertising.
Derived from VR125-01-2 § 3, eff. December 12, 1985; amended, Virginia Register Volume 3, Issue 1, eff. November 12, 1986; Volume 4, Issue 6, January 21, 1988; Volume 5, Issue 2, eff. November 24, 1988; Volume 6, Issue 2, eff. November 23, 1989; Volume 7, Issue 4, eff. December 19, 1990; Volume 8, Issue 6, eff. January 15, 1992; Volume 9, Issue 6, eff. January 13, 1993; Volume 10, Issue 11, eff. March 23, 1994; Volume 26, Issue 11, eff. March 5, 2010; Volume 30, Issue 6, eff. December 18, 2013.